Any other proud iRiver H3xx/h1xx owners out there?
Aug 13, 2006 at 3:39 AM Post #17 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Mauler
I am looking for another smaller player for everyday use since i cant bare to lose or dmg my Iriver

I was the same way so I went out and got a Iaudio G3 for daily use that holds 1GB and I pretty much use the H320 for the car, Traveling, around the house. The G3 and the Iriver T10/T30 are the only players that had the 3 things I was looking for in a ultra portable.

1. Universal Mass storage/Frag and Drop/ No software needed (like H300)
2. Takes AA or AAA batteries so I can always have some recharged and waiting (40+ hours on G3&T10/T30)
3.Super tiny case with at least 1GB storage

I ended up choosing the G3 over the Iriver because at the time it was a little cheaper and I wanted to check out another brand and it was a little smaller and thinner than the Iriver players which was wht I needed. The one Iriver had a color screen which would have been important to me before but now that I have had one (H300) I realize that it does nothing special unless you are into videos or pictures which I am not really and I always have the H300 for when I am.

My G3:
DSCF0148.jpg

Aug 13, 2006 at 9:10 AM Post #19 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by snapdemon
I was the same way so I went out and got a Iaudio G3 for daily use that holds 1GB and I pretty much use the H320 for the car, Traveling, around the house. The G3 and the Iriver T10/T30 are the only players that had the 3 things I was looking for in a ultra portable.

1. Universal Mass storage/Frag and Drop/ No software needed (like H300)
2. Takes AA or AAA batteries so I can always have some recharged and waiting (40+ hours on G3&T10/T30)
3.Super tiny case with at least 1GB storage

I ended up choosing the G3 over the Iriver because at the time it was a little cheaper and I wanted to check out another brand and it was a little smaller and thinner than the Iriver players which was wht I needed. The one Iriver had a color screen which would have been important to me before but now that I have had one (H300) I realize that it does nothing special unless you are into videos or pictures which I am not really and I always have the H300 for when I am.

My G3:
DSCF0148.jpg

I just bought im716s and an h320 so im most interested in hearing what you have to say about the hiss.

Aug 13, 2006 at 10:28 AM Post #20 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by snapdemon
I lovem my H320 and am trying to decide if I should order a H340 or H140 before they are all gone.

Actually, the H140s ARE all gone, unless you can find a kind person selling a used one, or are willing to pay an exorbitant price on misticriver or something. There are new in box H120s on eBay (mp3outlet is the seller) that you can buy all day long for about $110, plus shipping, but H140s are quite rare now.

I wish I had bought several, when they were available . . .

Aug 13, 2006 at 10:29 AM Post #21 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by drizek
Ive been hearing of reports of a hiss with the h1/300s. Are you guys experiencing this?

The 120 and 140 will exhibit some hiss with very low impedance/sensitive IEMs, such as ER4P and E4c. Using an amp or DAC either eliminates or minimizes hiss.

Aug 14, 2006 at 3:30 AM Post #22 of 52
Two H120s and a H340. I'm hooked. I love these players. I got my H340 almost a year ago and followed up with my H120s after spending lots of time on MisticRiver.net!
wink.gif

My son uses one of my H120s and I alternate the other with my H340. I've upgraded my H120 with a Toshiba MK3006GAL 30GB hard drive. I have Rockboxed all three of my players as it spanks the iriver firmware on both players for flexibility and features. Subjectively, I think that Rockbox sounds better than the iriver firmware but before anyone jumps on me, I haven't ABX'ed the two so I wouldn't stake my life on it. Pretty well all my music is LAME 3.97b2 encoded VBR @ around 192kbps (V2 vbrnew).

These players, coupled with a Pocket Amp 2 Version 2 and Sony MDR-V7506 headphones certainly don't represent the best that money can buy, but give me a fantastic listening experience and a great bang-for-buck.

Aug 14, 2006 at 3:09 PM Post #23 of 52
Fairly recent owner of an H320 as well. As of now, it's basically stock, but I'm having fun with the in-skins and what not. Currently it's been powering my pair of Sony MDR-V700Dj's, but I'm looking to upgrade.

Also Rockboxed. I agree with SQ being better on Rockbox because there's just more you can do to alter the sound with the 5 band equalizer and SRS settings to get something that fits you. However, for the most part I just plug into the line-out seeing as it has less background hiss. I don't believe there's that much/any difference between SQ through the line-out.

Good to know the Pa2V2 is a good partner with the H300 and Sony headphones though... I've been looking into that, the Xin Supermini, and the Go-Vibe 5. I'm also looking at some new headphones. DT880's or K701's. Haven't made up my mind yet.
600smile.gif

Aug 14, 2006 at 3:39 PM Post #24 of 52
I've had my h340 for nearly 18months now and it's still going strong. I've got rockbox loaded up and havent touched the original firmware for months. I just love the gapless playback, album art and themes. Sounds great with my e4's
etysmile.gif

Aug 15, 2006 at 5:11 AM Post #25 of 52
I have a 60Gb H140 running Rockbox (switched from H340 for the optical out) through a Micro DAC to a Larocco PRII & AKG K701s. Happy? I'm hysterical!!

I'm mainly listening to Wavpack Hybrid files @ 400k, but have some MP3s and MPC also.

My only moment of tension with this player was replacing the battery with a 2200mah one, but now that's done I can relax!

I've now moved Rockbox to flash, and the boot-up time is about 2 seconds. I still believe the H140 is the best player on the market (and I bought a back-up just in case mine ever dies on me)!

Aug 15, 2006 at 10:53 PM Post #26 of 52
Just got my h320 a couple hours ago. F'ing sweet. Im about to rockbox it.

I dont see how people can buy ipods. Everything about hte iriver is better(other than the fatness) and its cheaper. It would take me forever to list all the advantages, everything from the gold-pated plugs to the ungodly features list just blows apple out of hte water. Just the simple fact that the iriver wasnt designed to break every 18 months makes it far better than an ipod.

Aug 15, 2006 at 11:26 PM Post #27 of 52
my 2nd h320 (after selling my first one, more than a year ago..but regreted it so much, that i had to bought another one, some months ago).. runnin rockbox, and upgraded battery to a 2200 maH one... this thing rocks ^^ gapless playback, crossfading, OTF-Playlists, FLAC, Games, Movies, incredible battery life (30+ hours with rockbox) , etc.

untitled1ki0.jpg

Aug 16, 2006 at 2:59 AM Post #29 of 52
no, its a sign that you should get it cheaper from ebay

Aug 16, 2006 at 2:53 PM Post #30 of 52
I have 2 H120's. One works great but with some cosmetic issues, nothing too bad though. The other's motherboard is fried but the hdd, battery work great and the case and lcd are in great shape. Will be using it for parts. Good thing it only cost me $26. No way could I have got another 20gb replacement hdd for that much. Now to get an H140 sometime as my working H120 is going to be for recording only soon.

portrig2.jpg

gets3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back