Any other proud iRiver H3xx/h1xx owners out there?
Aug 12, 2006 at 4:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 52

m3ta1head

500+ Head-Fier
Got an iRiver? Post it here!
biggrin.gif

My H340 running dual boot Rockbox/1.29K

iskin0017jl.jpg

That terrible skinning has been since fixed, by the way
tongue.gif

Aug 12, 2006 at 5:42 PM Post #5 of 52
I bought an h320 a month ago but went on vacation before it arrived(it was supposed to come on the day before, but UPS delayed it, ****ers). I cant wait to get back and put rockbox and my music on it. Im going to order im716s and maybe KSC75s today as well so that theyll be at my house when i get back.

Aug 12, 2006 at 5:44 PM Post #6 of 52
Not sure I'm actually proud, but...

Someone took a picture of my rig at the Fall 2006 NYC meet. It's the 8th picture. Since then I upgraded to a black colored 140. Now I just use the 120 as a small standalone rig, and sometimes carry a small 4 pack of AA batteries to recharge it.
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showp...6&postcount=57

Aside from it's use as a digital source, I'm not all too happy with the sound quality of the iRiver DAP.

The remote is the best thing about it. When I just have the dap, people are constantly stealing looks at it, probably wondering if it's actually a tiny mp3 player all by itself. When I have the whole rig, people just plain stare. The player itself is too hard to control on the go. The added safety of not needing to remove the player from its secure holder makes the remote almost mandatory. The only real tradeoff is that with the remote in place, you have to plug the headphones into the remote. Might try fixing that with a dremel.

Aug 12, 2006 at 5:54 PM Post #7 of 52
iHP-140 here and been using Rockbox since Sept 05.

Aug 12, 2006 at 5:57 PM Post #8 of 52
I have two H140's and my wife has an H120. I'm a big fan overall. However, I agree with SiBurning that the sound quality out of the unit is not the strongest selling point. The irivers always seemed slightly metallic and narrow to my ears (just by a bit, cuz in reality most DAPs are really close to each other IMO). My X5L was a better source for a headphone direct, or using it's head-out to an amp.

What really won me over is using the H1xx with a DAC. That provided enough of an improvement where I ended up selling my X5. I also have no problems with the build quality or control (once you put a stick-on button on to the joystick so it's actually usable).

Aug 12, 2006 at 6:23 PM Post #9 of 52
I lovem my H320 and am trying to decide if I should order a H340 or H140 before they are all gone. I am having a hard time deciding if I need another one let alone between the H1xx series and the H3xx series. The H320 is flashy with its screen and movies (which I rarely use) and the H1xx series has the metal case and the optical ins and outs. Anyody know if the lineouts are identicle on both???

DSCF0147.jpg

Aug 13, 2006 at 12:11 AM Post #11 of 52
Ive been hearing of reports of a hiss with the h1/300s. Are you guys experiencing this?

Aug 13, 2006 at 1:12 AM Post #12 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by drizek
Ive been hearing of reports of a hiss with the h1/300s. Are you guys experiencing this?

I get hiss with IEM's from the headphone out. Everything else is fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by snapdemon
Anyody know if the lineouts are identicle on both???

Yes, the analog lineouts are the same.

Aug 13, 2006 at 1:44 AM Post #14 of 52
even more hissy with the e3's
frown.gif
, but the hiss is only a real problem when I listen to classical or at night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back