any other people that just shuffle and push play?
Mar 12, 2009 at 10:43 PM Post #16 of 31
I shuffle all songs in my 300gb music library all the time, occasionally some song might remind me of another song by the same artist, or I might feel like listening to a particular song, so I'll find it in the library and play it, soon enough, I'll just do shuffle all. I think thats the best way to listen, and get a taste of all forms of music, and I get to listen to something new almost everyday because of that.

Ofcourse there are certain albums that warrant a full listen, and I do that every now and then. But for the most part I'm in shuffle mode.

Mar 12, 2009 at 11:21 PM Post #18 of 31
Hello, my name is Happy Camper and I'm a shuffler. I'm lazy and don't want to think about what to listen to. I just let it come to me.

Really though, if I'm watching tv, webbing or reading, I'll run random (ear gum). Driving, work, new music and needing solitude, I'll listen to artist/disc more.

Mar 13, 2009 at 1:25 AM Post #19 of 31
Not I. I hate to have such a negative first post (I think it's my first), but I find this kind of "jukebox mentality," if you will, rather unappealing to put it mildly. I listen to a lot of album oriented music (progressive rock, post progressive,rock), but even when listening to trip hop, for instance, or trance or jazz, I usually play the whole album. The album is a work of art mastered by few, which may be why shuffling appeals to many. I can't just listen to "So What" off Kind of Blue, I need to hear Blue in Green to Flamenco Sketches and the two in between. I just finished playing Tool's 10,000 days CD all the way through in my computers disc player.

Mar 13, 2009 at 3:05 AM Post #20 of 31
although my music is carefully sorted, i do enjoy the occasional 'shuffle'.

i find that it works quite well when i listen to stand-up comedy...the jokes are much funnier if you dont know whats coming up (even if you've heard it before)

Mar 13, 2009 at 5:48 AM Post #22 of 31
Nope, I always listen to full albums. I've tried shuffling, but I just can't get into it, so I go back to full albums again. I sometimes break albums up but will still listen to only one artist until I choose another one, or another album.

Mar 13, 2009 at 7:24 AM Post #23 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I shuffle all songs in my 300gb music library all the time, occasionally some song might remind me of another song by the same artist, or I might feel like listening to a particular song, so I'll find it in the library and play it, soon enough, I'll just do shuffle all. I think thats the best way to listen, and get a taste of all forms of music, and I get to listen to something new almost everyday because of that.

Ofcourse there are certain albums that warrant a full listen, and I do that every now and then. But for the most part I'm in shuffle mode.

Holy crap.

I do the shuffle thing once in a while, and I enjoy it every time I do. However, I typically listen to entire albums, because I like the continuity.

Mar 13, 2009 at 9:26 AM Post #25 of 31
Hey everyone, funny how this thread has grown! Well, i guess with prog rock shuffling would ruin the intention of the artist because lots of those albbums are concept albums and meant to belistened to as a whole. I dont have much prog rock atm though and with most albums i just end up liking a few songs, not the whole.
Happy shuffling! (i think i will make that my custom title if I ever get that far here).
Greetings, Anouk,

Mar 13, 2009 at 11:45 AM Post #26 of 31
I shuffle a couple times a week for about 4-6 hours working by myself in a kitchen. Sometimes a song will make me play the whole album or slap together a quick playlist with a particular vibe. I have a 32gig ipod mini cf mod stuffed with classic(and I mean CLASSIC) albums in rock, metal, bebop, hardbop, fusion, hiphop, blues and soul and that keeps work interesting. Along with over a hundred continuous hiphop mixes just under an hour each archived from a weekly broadcast I help produce at KGNU Boulder/Denver. I usually won't shuffle if I'm not working cause I am too picky.

Mar 13, 2009 at 2:27 PM Post #28 of 31
I will only shuffle my library when I'm in for an adventure. Seriously, my iTunes library is like a freaking minefield of different, clashing genres. Imagine Pat Benatar, Dimmu Borgir, Jpop, Within Temptation, Ottmar Liebert, Infected Mushroom, Chiptunes, Finnish polka and remixes of Final Fantasy soundtracks playing one after each other. Hmm. It would actually make a neat radio station.
biggrin.gif

Usually I listen to albums, as most bands tend to stick to one genre at the very least. Two if they're Opeth.

Mar 13, 2009 at 2:34 PM Post #29 of 31
my transporter is almost ever on shuffle (for critical listening), but my SB3 is almost always on shuffle (for casual listening).

Mar 13, 2009 at 3:25 PM Post #30 of 31
Shuffle entire Zune 12,000-track list sometimes, entire artists or genres (in shuffle) other times, playlists sometimes (shuffled), and sometimes, an album from start to finish in the proper order. I mean, how could you listen to The Who's Tommy in bits and pieces?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back