any other people that just shuffle and push play?
Mar 12, 2009 at 11:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

Anouk

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi everyone, whether i listen to music at home or on the go i always just press shuffle and play. I have one very big directory with all my music files in it (i always use computer as source) and i just play everything randomly, no albums for me, just individual tracks. I have albums but i only save the tracks i like, well mostly i just dump the whole album in there and when i finally get to reorganizing the big directory i delete the songs i dont like.
I dont do any tagging either, i really need to go through my files though because i cant find anything right now but it is a lot of work, sometimes though i like listening toa particular song and then often I cant find it. I need to change the filenames so that I can find my songs easier, Wish there was more time in each day....
Greetings, Anouk,

Mar 12, 2009 at 11:49 AM Post #2 of 31
Yes, indeed, I'm another shuffler, and rarely, in fact never listen to a whole album all the way through. All my tracks are now tagged properly though, and put in artist/album folders as, even for shufflers it's (sometimes) nice to know what you're actually listening to. Took over a year to do that, it was worth it though...

Mar 12, 2009 at 12:17 PM Post #5 of 31
My Ipod is organized in the usual manner, artists, albums, etc., and everything is tagged, but I rarely listen to an entire album. In the car or at work, it's too much hassle to keep changing albums when one runs finishes, so I mostly listen on shuffle and skip whatever I don't want to hear at the moment.

At home, I tend to listen to albums more.

Mar 12, 2009 at 12:18 PM Post #6 of 31
Yes, i need to organize in folders more, i think foobar can also play subfolders, for example i have a main folder with 300 files and 10 sub folders so 310 entries total in that folder...
I have opened a last.fm account but dont use it often because i dont often listen to any specefic music at any time it all depends on my foobar shuffle
Greetings, Anouk,

Mar 12, 2009 at 2:50 PM Post #7 of 31
Not me!
But I quite often pick a random album/artist then play. But Shuffle I don't like, since I prefer to stay with one artist at a time

Mar 12, 2009 at 6:23 PM Post #8 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not me!
But I quite often pick a random album/artist then play. But Shuffle I don't like, since I prefer to stay with one artist at a time

I am doing pretty much the same thing. I like to listen to complete albums or music which is within the same genre at least.

Mar 12, 2009 at 7:40 PM Post #10 of 31
Sometimes i randomize the album choice, but then i listen to the whole LP, or to an half at least...never use shuffle.

Mar 12, 2009 at 9:01 PM Post #11 of 31
Shuffler for albums within a genre.
But I do seperate genre.
Jazz by itself.
Classical-deuits by itself.
Solo
Rock
etc.

Mar 12, 2009 at 9:01 PM Post #12 of 31
I guess I am one too, more or less. I do have everything (a lousy 82 albums, 22 artist...) sorted by folders but I still pretty often select 'All Music' from the playlist and press the 'random' button. It's a pretty handy feature actually. You can just skip forward and when you find something you feel like listening you can use the 'normal' playback controls. And most importantly, if a song ends the next one will start playing and I can keep listening to the same album and artist for as long as I feel like it and on the other hand, get something else by pressing a single button.

I meant to write a short post. Honest.
biggrin.gif

Mar 12, 2009 at 10:00 PM Post #15 of 31
Nope. I never do that. I pick an album that I want to hear and listen to all or part of that album. I am really into the idea of the album and listening to songs detached from the main body of work seems and sounds wrong to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back