Any one heard of these Panasonics?
Nov 29, 2006 at 12:19 AM Post #2 of 14
They look neat, so how about you buy them
very_evil_smiley.gif
and tell us how they sound!

Nov 29, 2006 at 1:00 AM Post #4 of 14
If those who do a review said they are kind of bad sounding (weak mid i think), thinks about what they will sound to a head-fier?

I just hope it won't be so bad. Kind of pricy here at Aussie.

Nov 29, 2006 at 3:10 AM Post #6 of 14
Weird..

The headstrap looks very Grado. While the cups are very Beyer (note the interconnecting cable between drivers". But the body looks very AKG (k701esque).

The lack of foam/material between the drivers and ears just screams "harsh highs" to me for some reason.

Nov 29, 2006 at 3:47 AM Post #7 of 14
from my experience with panasonic, they have smooth highs and mids (not harsh to my ears) and bass might be a bit excessive. do look neat though.

Nov 29, 2006 at 8:25 AM Post #10 of 14
Briefly auditioned them. I was expecting the worst, since they're A.) Panasonics, not known for making great headphones B.) closed and cheap, usually equals horrible and C.) look decently fashionable, meaning probably not designed for SQ.

I can't remember the details, but I definitely remember being pleasantly surprised. The worst thing I remember is they had nasally mids, but I was expecting that. I would not recommend them to most people on this forum, just because they aren't in the least bit 'correct' sounding. They had a certain fun quality, once I got used to the sound signature, but definitely not audiophile by any stretch of the imagination.

Overall impression: you could do a lot worst for a closed can in this price range, but still not worth buying in my book. The only reason to get these would be if you were a fashion conscious semi-audiophile who's allergic to IEMs.

Nov 29, 2006 at 8:57 AM Post #12 of 14
I must first admit i am a sucker for Panasonic.
wink.gif

I doubt for a while (a week or so) if i want to get one of these, since i believe my current rig is already sounding 'perfect' for me. Than again, I haven't have a closed 'phone yet, and sometime i need one so i don't have to wakeup everyone at night
600smile.gif
. So i got it, even after i read the review i posted earlier.

My first impression is: "Weak bass and mid....bright to even slightly harsh." so i let them burn-in as usual. After a few hour i put them back on with LDM+ (first time was cmoy2 OP270), It actually sound much better (to an much acceptable level). It is still bright, but the mid and low have show improvement. I am not sure at this point if it is the amp or the burn-in (properly the amp), but i decide to let it go though the first 50hrs burn-in before i will listen again. Hopefully by than i can tell for sure and i will report back.

Nov 30, 2006 at 12:33 AM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looking for some on the go phones so has anybody heard these before?

These don't look too portable to me. The cups look a bit large, although portability is purely preference.
rolleyes.gif

Nov 30, 2006 at 1:34 AM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vagabond /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These don't look too portable to me. The cups look a bit large, although portability is purely preference.
rolleyes.gif

No, it is amazingly small. If you even see someone with triport on the road, the profile is just slightly larger (that is you if you think triport is portable).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back