Any National Lampoon Radio Hour Fans?
Jul 19, 2005 at 5:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Absorbine_Sr

Can Jam '10 Organizer
Anyone out there a fan of the old National Lampoon Radio Hour? If so, Audible.com now has the first 12 shows from 1973/74 available for download at 3.95 each. I've downloaded 3 of them so far and they are as good as I remembered them to be. Search for National Lampoon Classic.

For those not familiar, the NLRH was a weekly 1 hour comedy show that featured many who were to become the comedy kingpins of that generation - Belushi, Chevy Chase, Gilda Radner, Michael O'Donoghue, Christopher Guest, the Murray brothers, and many, many more. This was the precursor to Saturday Night Live, and a lot of the chops shown on that show were developed on the NLRH. Listening to the three shows I downloaded made me realize that much of the humor is just as valid today as it was then. Even the political humor related to Watergate could apply to some of the headlines we are seeing today.

So did anyone else have their sense of humor influenced by these irreverent, sometimes sick but always funny shows? If so you can now relive a bit of your youth. Or if you have never heard them, discover how some of the funniest people around got that way.

I have no affiliation with Audible.com or the National Lampoon, I was just amazed to find these again.

A_Sr.

Jul 22, 2005 at 8:47 AM Post #3 of 3
Man, I wish I had the time to get into that National Lampoon Radio stuff, as well as the Onion, the Mark Trail comedy stuff, and of course Mad Magazine, but can never seem to find the time
frown.gif

Oh well, I've got the music, that keeps me sane- OR INSANE! HAHAHAHA!
biggrin.gif

5000smile.gif
Abe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back