Any love for the Activo CT10?
Dec 28, 2020 at 6:13 PM Post #481 of 609
This is my first post so hello! I'm far from knowledgeable about streaming but I discovered something that for me takes this device up a level and reveals what a true bargain it is. Via DLNA I can remotely control the ct10 from my phone including volume and track selection etc from Tidal but the ct10 is the streamer. Firstly turn on DLNA control in settings on the ct10. Then download and install the Astell and Kern Connect app from the Play Store. From the app select 'speaker' as the ct10. Initially I could only see my phone as the selection for speaker (and 'library') but 'refresh' made it appear. Then select Tidal as 'library' and log in and you have an interface for tidal albeit not v pretty. From here you can change the volume of the ct10 and select Tidal tracks, playlists etc. Also the track art appears on the ct10 display. So I have the ct10 plugged into my hifi and control the ct10 via my phone whilst sat on the sofa! I'm not casting from the phone or via Bluetooth, the ct10 is the streaming device such that it continues to stream even if I shut the A & K app down. So on top of everything else its a remotely controllable hires WiFi streamer that can integrate into your hifi! This was what I hoped for, something akin to using line out on an echo dot but decent DAC. The interface of the A & K Connect app is functional, no more, but it does work well. Given that it's, I think, just a DLNA control app does anyone know a better app with more modern interface like tidal? Also I don't think the ct10 is compatible with Tidal Connect which would mean I could do all the above but directly from the tidal app itself. Unless I'm wrong? Many thanks

Dec 28, 2020 at 6:14 PM Post #482 of 609
This is my first post so hello! I'm far from knowledgeable about streaming but I discovered something that for me takes this device up a level and reveals what a true bargain it is. Via DLNA I can remotely control the ct10 from my phone including volume and track selection etc from Tidal but the ct10 is the streamer. Firstly turn on DLNA control in settings on the ct10. Then download and install the Astell and Kern Connect app from the Play Store. From the app select 'speaker' as the ct10. Initially I could only see my phone as the selection for speaker (and 'library') but 'refresh' made it appear. Then select Tidal as 'library' and log in and you have an interface for tidal albeit not v pretty. From here you can change the volume of the ct10 and select Tidal tracks, playlists etc. Also the track art appears on the ct10 display. So I have the ct10 plugged into my hifi and control the ct10 via my phone whilst sat on the sofa! I'm not casting from the phone or via Bluetooth, the ct10 is the streaming device such that it continues to stream even if I shut the A & K app down. So on top of everything else its a remotely controllable hires WiFi streamer that can integrate into your hifi! This was what I hoped for, something akin to using line out on an echo dot but decent DAC. The interface of the A & K Connect app is functional, no more, but it does work well. Given that it's, I think, just a DLNA control app does anyone know a better app with more modern interface like tidal? Also I don't think the ct10 is compatible with Tidal Connect which would mean I could do all the above but directly from the tidal app itself. Unless I'm wrong? Many thanks.

Dec 28, 2020 at 6:54 PM Post #484 of 609
Hiya,

Thanks for your insightful contribution. Unfortunately I really can't help as I don't use my CT10 this way.

On another note, I recieved some.lovely Sony wh1000xm3's for Xmas, which like the CT10 support Aptx HD. With both linked, music really does sound even more lovely!!!

On a more serious note, has anyone's CT10 shut down due to overheating....and I mean really really hot!!🔥🔥🔥🌡

Hope this feedback helps and look forward to any well informed thoughts 👍😃

Dec 28, 2020 at 8:04 PM Post #485 of 609
Hiya,

Thanks for your insightful contribution. Unfortunately I really can't help as I don't use my CT10 this way.

On another note, I recieved some.lovely Sony wh1000xm3's for Xmas, which like the CT10 support Aptx HD. With both linked, music really does sound even more lovely!!!

On a more serious note, has anyone's CT10 shut down due to overheating....and I mean really really hot!!🔥🔥🔥🌡

Hope this feedback helps and look forward to any well informed thoughts 👍😃

yes, I've had concerns about the heat while it's downloading from tidal or qobuz. I have an old laptop cooling fan you used to place under those old hot running laptops and place the CT10 on that while it's download and connected to power. I just picked up a bunch of these for this kind of situation with DAPs, AMPS and micro PCs like the GMK Nucbox or Chuwi Larkbox which also have throttle down issues because of poor heat management.

fan
61yLtH6btDL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Jan 7, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #487 of 609
Does anybody know the most recent version of Tidal that works?. I currently have version 2.18.0.
I've just managed to get V2.28.1 working from here -> TIDAL update version history for Android - APK Download (apkpure.com)

It seems that newer versions just aren't seen by my CT10 player. I don't know what to do with the XAPK files as they weren't seen either. I had a little trouble with the Spotify APK too but managed to find V8.5.86.854 working.

@JasonNYC thank you very much for your help on this forum. I've been reading up this thread since getting my CT 10 just before Christmas and I'm impressed with your replies and support.

Is there any way we can have a 'sticky' post at the start of the thread for the latest versions of all the APKs 100% working available?

Jan 26, 2021 at 4:03 AM Post #490 of 609
I just bought CT10 a day ago and the same has been upgraded to version 1.2 firmware. I have a couple of queries.
The Line Out (set at 2.0V) doesn't change the output volume irrespective of whether I connect to a amp or listen through headphones. Any clues?
The WHEEL LOCK function doesn't lock the wheel volume adjustment either in screen on or screen lock mode.
I am finding the recommended volume level of 50 too low and need at least a volume level of 75/80 for comfortable listening. Is everybody's experience similar or I am having a problem with my ears / device? Any recommended earphones for optimal listening experience with this device.
The device is absolutely marvellous.

Jan 26, 2021 at 9:22 AM Post #492 of 609
The line out feature is a bit unintuitive, but you have to turn line out on, then while the volume screen is up (turn the volume knob), you need to press the small “line out” button at the top of the screen. It can take a few tries, but that’ll set it to max volume.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #493 of 609
The line in feature is a bit unintuitive, but you have to turn line in on, then while the volume screen is up (turn the volume knob), you need to press the small “line in” button at the top of the screen. It can take a few tries, but that’ll set it to max volume.
OMG. Never thought it would work like that, but it did at first try. Many thanks to you.

Jan 26, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #494 of 609
I recommend checking out the FAQs on the Astell&Kern US page which will help with some of the basic functions, along with steps to load music streaming services etc. Since the UI is the same as Astell&Kern players, the FAQs are relevant to the CT10 also.

https://us.astellnkern.com/apps/help-center

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Jan 29, 2021 at 3:04 AM Post #495 of 609
Activo doesn't support wv (wavpack) but foobar2000 supports it. But I have installed latest version of foobar2000 in activo and it is not seeing wv files. Is there any way I can play them.
One more thing - is there anyway to save spotify downloads (offline playing) to sd card? By default it saves to internal storage.

Edit: Just now found that Foobar2000 recognises and plays wavpack.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back