Any interest in doing a local head-fi small gathering in SF?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 11, 2019 at 5:40 AM Post #76 of 91
Mar 11, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #77 of 91
At least 6h for the whole thing, I would say. More is better, especially if we add food to the mix.

Lol, are you serious? For a first meeting where we're trying to keep peace with the guy's wife hosting a bunch of strangers, you want to take over his house for a day? I think we can keep it to a much more reasonable time than that. Maybe we limit the amount of people and keep the amount of equipment down.

For our club meetings, we kept time to around 3-4 hours tops. It was up to the host if people could stay later, but that was more than enough time for us to get together. Let's let this guy keep his life and marriage!

Mar 11, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #78 of 91
I think one of the biggest challenges may be the music sources to feed the amps. Any ideas there?

Mar 11, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #79 of 91
3h will still be useful, but I'll bring less gear then to reduce setup and tear down time.

In theory, a phone with a USB OTG adapter should be a useful source. Put your go-to test tracks on it, hook up to Dimitri's WiFi and you're good, provided the router is close and the bandwidth is high. If every system has at least one DAC, that should do it.

Mar 11, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #80 of 91
Yes, house has strong Google WIFi coverage, and particularly strong in the room where the table will be set up.

As a last resort, I can also make my Macbook available, for folks with no USB dongles or test tracks on their phones. They can try out IEMs (with 3.5 mm unbalanced cables only) via my laptop's Tidal HiFi subscription.

Mar 12, 2019 at 1:07 AM Post #81 of 91
Would it be considered a duplicate post, if I posted details about the event, in its own thread? I suspect the notice for this event will get lost within the pages of this thread.

Mar 12, 2019 at 3:54 AM Post #83 of 91
Mar 12, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #86 of 91
Dimitri, thanks for generously hosting this. I'm pretty likely to attend. I have a pretty good inventory of gear, but I need to figure out which of it to bring.
I'm voting for Yggy, V281 and LCD-4 :)

Won't be bringing my Yggy this time, just a Mimby, Gustard H20 with 994Enh-Ticha, Burson Fun with SS3601, as well as my Ether Flow, Ether C Flow and Focal Listen.

Edit: Added gear list to other thread

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #88 of 91
I'm voting for Yggy, V281 and LCD-4 :)

Won't be bringing my Yggy this time, just a Mimby, Gustard H20 with 994Enh-Ticha, Burson Fun with SS3601, as well as my Ether Flow, Ether C Flow and Focal Listen.

Edit: Added gear list to other thread

Haha, yes, i could bring that. I also should have my Ether 2 this week... :L3000:

Apr 2, 2019 at 6:12 PM Post #90 of 91
So sorry I had to miss this last minute. Had a work thing come up. Hope it went well and if there's another one, I'll definitely try to make it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back