Any help guys?
Feb 17, 2014 at 11:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Erwan

Head-Fier
Hello guys, I will try and make this thread simple to read. I am a 14 year old male and I am looking for closed back headphones. I will now list the requirements:

-Currently using the Sony MDR-ZX600s for music and gaming.
-Maximum price is $100.
-Need to be portable, I will be taking and using them everywhere.
-My mom hates big headphones so preferably on-ear, I like over-ear though so do not hesitate (also have small ears).
-Need to be from Best Buy (If not I understand, i can try and cancel my 2 year warranty).
-I listen mostly to rap/hip hop, but also jazz, blues, soft rock (?? not sure) (Michael Jackson, Nina Simone, etc.).
-So far I think my best bet are the Creative Aurvana Live! (available at Best Buy).
-Another one is the Skullcandy Aviators (were on sale for $60, do not know if they still are, available at Best Buy).
-I had tried the Marshall Monitors that were on display and I liked them a lot, don't know if this helps.
-I am looking an all-around pair of headphones, not specified for one or some genres of music.
-If you can't find any you like in Best Buy, still suggest headphones from Amazon or Ebay.

Hope this made my thread easy to read and understand.

Feb 18, 2014 at 4:27 AM Post #2 of 6
The last time I went to best buy I think the best options I found were the Koss ProDJ100's, some of the new Logitech over/on-ear headphones, and the Creative Aurvana Live!.  Out of these I would just go with the Creative Aurvana Live!.  If possible I would go with the second edition, there is quite a buzz about these headphones and I don't think there is any drawback from buying them besides the build quality.  The easiest way to decide would be to take your audio setup is and plug it in to the headphones and listen to each of the headphones yourself (if they are on display).  Hope you make the best decision.  

Feb 19, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #3 of 6
  The last time I went to best buy I think the best options I found were the Koss ProDJ100's, some of the new Logitech over/on-ear headphones, and the Creative Aurvana Live!.  Out of these I would just go with the Creative Aurvana Live!.  If possible I would go with the second edition, there is quite a buzz about these headphones and I don't think there is any drawback from buying them besides the build quality.  The easiest way to decide would be to take your audio setup is and plug it in to the headphones and listen to each of the headphones yourself (if they are on display).  Hope you make the best decision.  

The CAL!2 are not available at Best Buy but I can try and get them. The Koss also look tempting. I just checked the Best Buy site and they do not have the ProDJ100s, however they do have the PortaPros for $80. Thank you so much for the feedback bb62610. 
Guys I said it and I will say it again, the headphones you suggest do not have to be from Best Buy. They can be from wherever.

Feb 19, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #5 of 6
I would strongly recommend the NVX Audio XPT100, Takstar Pro80/Gemini DJ HSR-1000, Somic EFI-82MT, and the Somic MH463.  These are the headphones that have been quite popular around the forum lately.  The NVX Audio XPT100's are ripoffs of the Brainwavz HM5's which are a ripoff of the FIsher Audio FA-003.  With each rip off the price has dropped and now it fit's comfortably in your price range.  The Takstar Pro 80 or the Gemini DJ HSR-1000's are the same headphones.  Both are very good for the price, personally I would go with the previous NVX Audio XPT100's if it were a choice between them or the Takstar's or Gemini's.  However here is the big ones that everyone has been talking about.  The Somic EFI-82MT and the Somic MH463.  They are both great headphones and highly reccomended.  You have to read the reviews on all the Somics headphones.  Most if not all are positive.  IMO these are the best choices you will be able to find.  Oh and check out the classified column to get good deals on more expensive headphones.  It's a great way to get much more expensive headphones for a cheaper price.  Hope your search is fruitful :wink:.

Feb 20, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #6 of 6
  I would strongly recommend the NVX Audio XPT100, Takstar Pro80/Gemini DJ HSR-1000, Somic EFI-82MT, and the Somic MH463.  These are the headphones that have been quite popular around the forum lately.  The NVX Audio XPT100's are ripoffs of the Brainwavz HM5's which are a ripoff of the FIsher Audio FA-003.  With each rip off the price has dropped and now it fit's comfortably in your price range.  The Takstar Pro 80 or the Gemini DJ HSR-1000's are the same headphones.  Both are very good for the price, personally I would go with the previous NVX Audio XPT100's if it were a choice between them or the Takstar's or Gemini's.  However here is the big ones that everyone has been talking about.  The Somic EFI-82MT and the Somic MH463.  They are both great headphones and highly reccomended.  You have to read the reviews on all the Somics headphones.  Most if not all are positive.  IMO these are the best choices you will be able to find.  Oh and check out the classified column to get good deals on more expensive headphones.  It's a great way to get much more expensive headphones for a cheaper price.  Hope your search is fruitful :wink:.

Thank you, yet again, bb62610. I am quite new to this site so I stil have lots and lots to learn about audiophilism (if that's a word).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back