Any headfi-ers in Connecticut?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 21, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #91 of 107
I could probably host a "mini" meet at my house. I have a couple of folding tables and chairs. I have 3 server rack power strips that we could plug into. I can probably host in Garage (gives me the motivation to clear it out anyway, lol). Hopefully, once we do it a few times, we could get more people involved and move it to a hall.

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:43 PM Post #92 of 107
  I could probably host a "mini" meet at my house. I have a couple of folding tables and chairs. I have 3 server rack power strips that we could plug into. I can probably host in Garage (gives me the motivation to clear it out anyway, lol). Hopefully, once we do it a few times, we could get more people involved and move it to a hall.

I'd be down to attend and willing to help in any way I can if needed.

Feb 22, 2017 at 1:23 AM Post #93 of 107
I'd also be down/I could probably get my old high school to let us use a big open space for a while

Feb 24, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #94 of 107
I'd also be down/I could probably get my old high school to let us use a big open space for a while

I got the "go ahead" from the wife, but if we think we'd have more than 10 people... let's shoot for another place to host. 

Feb 24, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #96 of 107
Anytime works for me, I would come home from school for it so it's not a big deal, tho I can't do weekdays

Feb 24, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #97 of 107
As far as weekdays, march 13-17th would work for me since I won't have classes and I don't work until late at night. Other than that I would probably only be able to make it during the weekends. I will be out of state the weekend of March 25-26 but other than that I should be in the area. 

Feb 24, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #98 of 107
Unfortunately, during the week is out for me, as the wife and I get home late. Weekends would be my only option. I would like to shoot some time for later March anyway, as I'd prefer to host it outside on my patio. Maybe fire up the grill as wel? We have a Gazebo and 10 patio chairs as well as 4 folding chairs, so seating should be covered. I can purchase/borrow a "pop-up" tent to replace the ones that broke on me so we should have everything covered (if it rains though, we'd have to make a rain date). 

Feb 24, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #100 of 107
  Keep in mind, the number of posters is probably only a portion of the amount of people that will actually show up. I'm sure if word got out there was a connecticut meet, there would be a number of people willing to go, it's not that far from the annual new york meet afterall.

Very true... we'd have to take this to PM to keep it small at first (if I'm hosting it at my house anyway). I can also check with a few people (friends/family) who may have access to an actual gym/VA Hall if there is greater interest. I would love to see a much larger gathering in CT.

Feb 24, 2017 at 7:38 PM Post #101 of 107
Make it big enough to be a new annual tradition 
wink_face.gif
 The more meets the better. Don't forget the party clowns.

Mar 10, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #102 of 107
I am currently residing in Terryville Connecticut and would love to meet with other headfiers and share experiences, trial different gear, etc. I don't know if you guys have room for one more, or have already done this meet, but let me know at the very least... I don't have as much as I use too but still have: ZMF omni(now ori's) in walnut, the Audiofly Flagship the AF-1120, Ibasso pb2 portable amp, Meier audio 2stepdance portable amp, dx90 from iBasso, Audio GD NFB-28 Fully balanced DAC and class A Amp.

Mar 21, 2017 at 12:00 AM Post #103 of 107
Ct resident here i would love to audition new gear!

I can bring the following

Monoprice Monolith M1060 (planar magnetics)http://www.head-fi.org/t/820107/monoprice-monolith-m1060-and-m560-planar-headphones/2265#post_13359056

LZ-A3S(metal case 3-driver hybrid iem) http://www.head-fi.org/t/800601/lz-a3-impressions-and-discussion-thread

JVC HA-MX10 (studio monitor closed back headphones Modded w/Brainwavz HM5 pads) http://www.head-fi.org/t/560124/new-jvc-victor-studio-headphone-the-ha-mx10-b

Chord Mojo http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-dac-amp-faq-in-3rd-post

Mar 26, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #104 of 107
I am also living in CT, near Hartford though.  I would be interested in attending/helping with any group get together in state.  I am semi-retired so except for a couple days a week, my plans can be flexible.  Best.

Blu99Zoomer

Jun 30, 2017 at 6:33 AM Post #105 of 107
Just wanted to bump this, seemed like there was a decent number of people interested before but I'm not sure if anything came of it. Just picked up the HD 800S this month and it would be cool to try it out with some different gear. Unfortunately I live in a small apartment so I wouldn't be able to host anything unless it's just one or two other people who are interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back