Any good records that have come out in 2002
May 4, 2002 at 9:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Voldemort

New Head-Fier
I'm really starting to get depressed with all the new music. I don't know if it's just me but all the new cd:s that come out suck or just don't interrest me. The only good record that has come out in 2002 is Badly Drawn Boy's About a boy soundtrack. So, could you please recommend me some new albums if you know any.

May 5, 2002 at 12:17 AM Post #3 of 23
Down - II A bustle in your hedgerow.
Dont just pass this off as another metal album. This is an incredible record. Featuring members from Pantera, COC, Crowbar and EyeHateGod. The style of the band would be a fusion between Pantera and COC. Ie plenty of thick riffing but with a more laid back Louisiana kind of groove. Pay particular attention to tracks 6 8 and 15 as to why this isnt your usual metal album. As it turns out those three are my favourite on the record. Definitely have a look at it.

May 5, 2002 at 5:23 AM Post #5 of 23
I checked your profile and you cite "alternative" as a musical interest, so with that in mind I would check out:

...And You Will Know us by the Trail of Dead: Source Tags and Codes
I won't try to explain why it's good, just listen to some samples and/or read some reviews for a taste.

Also try the aformentioned Wilco album.

May 5, 2002 at 5:47 AM Post #6 of 23
I really like:

Topsy-Turvy by Apex Theory
The Process of Belief by Bad Religion
After Everything Now This by the Church

Can't think of any others, but I'm sure they're there.

I'm sure the following will be on my top 10 list of 2002:

The Damage by Tapping the Vein
Sigur Rós' new one, whatever it's called

Heard most of both of these played live during their last concerts, they are both going to be awesome.

May 5, 2002 at 9:54 AM Post #8 of 23
Tom Waits' two new albums will be out very, very soon..... can't wait! And the new Moby is out soon too. Patience my boy, patience!
Andrew

May 5, 2002 at 10:21 AM Post #9 of 23
The new CD by Norah Jones is well worth a listen.

The Arlenes - Stuck On Love is excellent. They are an Alt.Country band from the UK. Their latest album has been a revelation and holds it's own again albums by the likes of Alt.Country stalwarts Steve Earle, Jayhawks and Cowboy Junkies.

The Be Good Tanyas - Blue Horse. A very individual, stripped down folk sound from three lovely ladies from Vancouver, BC. Think Emmylou, Stacey Earle and Gillian Welch.

May 6, 2002 at 11:11 PM Post #11 of 23
If you're at all into the alternative-pop-rock kinda sound... I'd suggest you check out Ben Folds' new album Rockin' the Suburbs, which I (and many others, it seems) think is simply fantastic
smily_headphones1.gif
Choice cuts being "Zak and Sara", "Fred Jones Pt.2", "Rockin the Suburbs" and "The Luckiest".

May 7, 2002 at 12:47 AM Post #13 of 23
I actually just got the Ben Folds solo disc for $2.99 from my CD club. I'm a long-time BFF fan, but heard the title song on the radio and wanted to smash my beloved BFF CDs.

Nevertheless, title track aside, this CD clobbered me. I started welling up during a couple of the songs. He's always had a way of smacking me right between the eyes and he does so here. Unexpectedly great album. This is actually less "cute" than BFF, and closer to Elton John (back when he was great) territory if that doesn't turn you off.

The Wilco record is also great, but you know that.

Pulp- We Love Life I think is fantastic too.

markl

May 7, 2002 at 6:56 PM Post #15 of 23
Yah, almost everything I bought this year is old stuff... but then I only really picked up on music this year
eek.gif

I'm sure there's a good album from this year that I know, but it Shall Not Be Named to He Who Shall Not Be Named
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back