Any good records that have come out in 2002
May 20, 2002 at 8:29 PM Post #18 of 23
I'd like to get underneath HER clothes - YE-E-E-E-E-EEAH!

I'm not terribly familiar with Wilco, but from what I heard of them this weekend, I'll investigate. I think they're a pretty fresh band in the alt-country style.

May 21, 2002 at 1:03 AM Post #19 of 23
Wilco FRESH????
tongue.gif

A better word would be "ripe". They've been at it a while and just keep getting better. Every time I listen to YHF, my esteem for the album and the band grows...

markl

May 21, 2002 at 3:13 PM Post #20 of 23
try the new pedro the lion album "control"
pretty amazing if you like dark indie stuff.

also, if you're into modest mouse at all, try
ugly casanova - sharpen your teeth
it's isaac brock's solo album (lead singer/guitarist/songwriter from modest mouse)

May 21, 2002 at 4:35 PM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by grinch
try the new pedro the lion album "control"
pretty amazing if you like dark indie stuff.

Speaking of the Subpop label, Damon & Naomi released a live album and DVD of their "with Ghost" tour recently. If you didn't pick up the Damon & Naomi with Ghost album, you owe it to yourself to check it out. Beautifully delicate and deeply spiritual music. Also their former Galaxie 500 bandmate Dean Warenham's band Luna came out with a fine album earlier this year, Romantica. Unfortunately, it came out on the same day as the oft-mentioned Wilco album that Markl and myself and others are trying our best to promote.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 21, 2002 at 7:10 PM Post #22 of 23
What about 21st Century S.O.B. by The Erotics. This maybe a 2001 release but late in 2001. Also Andrew WK I Get Wet is pretty good, released late in 2001.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back