Any good dancers here?
Feb 28, 2006 at 6:27 PM Post #16 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by bpm2000
Its all about muscle isolation. Practice practice practice.

I work for a pro band and I have to be taught, taught, taught. I'm still F....... useless. Too busy concentrating on playing the notes.

If I had to dance without an instrument, I'd feel totally naked.
eek.gif
(and look a prat too)

Ian

Feb 28, 2006 at 6:31 PM Post #17 of 31
In an electronic band, it's perfectly acceptable to just stand there behind the keyboard - it adds to the isolating coolness of it all.

not everyone has to be the Prodigy and pretend like you're headbanging the ivories.
evil_smiley.gif
this ain't no Jerry Lee Lewis era anymore!

Feb 28, 2006 at 6:48 PM Post #18 of 31
Jahn said:
In an electronic band, it's perfectly acceptable to just stand there behind the keyboard - it adds to the isolating coolness of it all.

QUOTE]

My fav for this was Gary Numann. Suck in cheeks and look nonchalently to one side while playing. Oh..... such fun. I'm too damned old to dance now. I'd look like a haystack having a fit.

Ian

Feb 28, 2006 at 6:51 PM Post #19 of 31
Did two years of breakdancing in a dance group but I'd probably break a few bones if I tried some of the moves now.

Feb 28, 2006 at 7:53 PM Post #20 of 31
In the 80s I mastered the Electric Slide...
In the 90s I mastered the Macarena...
In the 00s...bah, I can't keep with with all these newfangled stuff!

Feb 28, 2006 at 8:01 PM Post #21 of 31
Awww hells yeah! I love to dance, in fact, over here in Salem they call me Crazylegs
smily_headphones1.gif
(really, they do- the college-going neighbors across the street from my house love my moves and hence they gave me the title
biggrin.gif
) I even have the suit to match my badical skillz, a vintage 80's tracksuit, blue with white stripes- perfect for the poplockin', beatboxin', breakdancin'... Abe!
Now only if I had a cardboard mat, a ghetto blaster bumping the Zapp, and a grip of some fly honeys, I could get down with my bad self!

...And no, I haven't played DDR, never tried it.
580smile.gif
Abe

Feb 28, 2006 at 8:19 PM Post #22 of 31
Back in the good ol' days when I was young, I used to go swing dancing a lot. I also loved to go latin dancing. Lately, with old age slowly creeping in and responsibilities amassing, I rarely go do anything as wild. Yup, those were the days.
frown.gif

Feb 28, 2006 at 11:10 PM Post #23 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF
Back in the good ol' days when I was young, I used to go swing dancing a lot. I also loved to go latin dancing. Lately, with old age slowly creeping in and responsibilities amassing, I rarely go do anything as wild. Yup, those were the days.
frown.gif

I agree, getting old sucks. I used to think that was the only thing I had to worry about. Then I found this place, now is getting old and poor
biggrin.gif

Feb 28, 2006 at 11:48 PM Post #24 of 31
Here's a little advice about aging (which is totally hypocritical and stuff since I'm a mere 21 years of age
smily_headphones1.gif
): "Getting old sucks if you suck at getting old!"

It's all for the smiles of course...
580smile.gif
Abe

Feb 28, 2006 at 11:56 PM Post #25 of 31
I'm told that jpelg is a dancing machine! Seriously.

Mar 1, 2006 at 5:19 AM Post #26 of 31
I enjoy a waltz, a tango, and I really love the rumba.

But to really shine, I'd need a month of practice to clean up my timing and get back into the groove. But I love being able to put my partner exactly where she'll look best, where we'll have space to shine, and then let it happen.

Mar 1, 2006 at 8:10 AM Post #27 of 31
I do salsa 3-4 times a week
wink.gif

Tried to pick up some popping stuff as well, but that stuff is hard... weeks of practice and all I've got is not so good arm waves and sideglides, and awful hits (the "pop" in popping)...

Mar 1, 2006 at 2:23 PM Post #28 of 31
swing, ballet, hip-hop, tango, cha-cha, rhumba, modern, forra, and a few others like taiwanese traditional, russian traditional, hava nagila, etc...

I'd say I'm a dancer. I gotta admit though, it's all about the ladies
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

As for the popping stuff, I think it just comes with experience, or a lot of watching, it's just something that "clicks"

Mar 1, 2006 at 7:40 PM Post #30 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat
IT IS SO ON!

[size=xx-small]This is just a bunch of big talk, in all seriousness, I am the biggest wallflower. Well, except when it comes to the grinding. I'm a pro at that. Ask your girlfriends. Booyeah![/size]

ROTFL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back