Any feedback between Beyerdynamic's DT-770 250 Ohm and T70 ???
Apr 12, 2012 at 12:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

SymphonicTXN7

Head-Fier
I am trying to find out the pros and cons between the two. Has anybody compared the two together? I will be listening from a macbook pro/iphone with an amp...I am thinking about a Fiio E7. Thanks!

Apr 12, 2012 at 2:16 AM Post #2 of 9
DT-770 (250 ohm) compared to what? DT-70 
confused.gif

Jan 15, 2013 at 8:20 AM Post #8 of 9
Maybe a bit to late... But my small experience with comparing these two (actually own T70) :
Well to my the quality and quantity of details and rich mid-freq put the absolutely higher than DT770. The same brand but really different sound characteristic. For some people bass in DT770 goes deeper, but there are two aspects: first the bass control and natural presentation is better in T70, second: because mid tones are rather poor to me in DT770 it seems that the bass is better, but this is thus to this rather poor middles. It is just a kind of relation between perception/proportion. In dt770 sound has visible contour and it gives an impressions that bass is BIG.
With many recording I can't say that te bass is not sufficient. Absolutely not. But this phones need really good amp. If amp has no bass (what is very common in modern constructions) you will not be happy with them. Also if your CD is 'harsch' they will show it. They just need a god source. DT770 will forgive more but ale like speakers covered by courtains. The sound very pleasant but are far from truth in my opinion.
To me T70 are very very good for acoustic music, orchestra (very very well - strings are marvelous) and prog-rock. For those who prefer heavy sounds and overexposed bass they may not be perfect for first impression, but later on many people will appreciate the truth of T70.

Jan 15, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #9 of 9
I keep finding threads where T70 (where is the T70 appreciation thread!) is denigrated for lacking massively in the bass department. My main genres are metal and trance, and I also own D2000, and I'll tell you -- I have NO IDEA what these people are talking about, I really wonder if we even own the same cans or they ended up with counterfeits. The bass is different in character from what I'm used to, but they absolutely have none of the anemic feeling of bass being absent altogether. They amaze me every day I put them on, I've never owned DT770 but I do have DT990 600ohms and have had DT1350s (too painful, although wonderful). 

I'm running through an ODAC + O2 Amp btw. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back