Any deal on shure se530?
Jun 22, 2010 at 3:36 PM Post #2 of 20
but the SE535 - its only twice that price and you get a new cable!

Jun 22, 2010 at 4:35 PM Post #4 of 20
Used is always a good route.  Many people have used a SE530 and them got a replacement near the end of the warranty period and sell the new replacement to fund a new IEM they want to try out.  Even if it's not a new replacement the newer models are supposed to have better cords that don't crack.  It will always come down to how you use them and take care of them. 

Jun 22, 2010 at 9:31 PM Post #5 of 20

Quote:
but the SE535 - its only twice that price and you get a new cable!

It's not twice the price first off. The MSRP of the SE530 BEFORE it was announced that it was obsolete was $499. Now they are clearing old stock. And the improvements are more than the cable...but then again you know much more than those of us who actually own them.

Methinks you are a little bitter of the price...

Jun 22, 2010 at 9:38 PM Post #6 of 20
Well in the defense of the price..the SE530 has been hovering around the mid $200 range for over 6 months to a year now. Although for some odd reason I don't see those right now so they probably were sold and waiting to be listed again.

Jun 22, 2010 at 10:13 PM Post #7 of 20

Quote:
Well in the defense of the price..the SE530 has been hovering around the mid $200 range for over 6 months to a year now. Although for some odd reason I don't see those right now so they probably were sold and waiting to be listed again.

Don't forget that the SE535s were announced at the 2010 CES in January (2010), so Shure would have dropped their price to clear out the inventory prior to the release of the SE535s.

But as of Christmas 2009, they (SE530s were going for $500 Cdn...same price currently as the SE535s
smile.gif
).

Jun 23, 2010 at 4:26 AM Post #8 of 20
Twisted logic that mate. The price of something is surely the price you can buy it at, at the time of wanting to buy it, I would have thought? It has nothing to do with the price it used to be at some point in the past.

For example, iheadphones.co.uk are listing the SE530 as available in stock at £249, whereas the SE535 is listed as £439.  Thats not pricing I've conjured out of the mists, you know....

I'm not going to get into an argument about Shure ripping people off here, as its early in the morning and I don't want to start punching my monitor repeatedly until at least lunchtime.

Quote:

It's not twice the price first off. The MSRP of the SE530 BEFORE it was announced that it was obsolete was $499. Now they are clearing old stock. And the improvements are more than the cable...but then again you know much more than those of us who actually own them.

Methinks you are a little bitter of the price...

Jun 23, 2010 at 4:40 AM Post #9 of 20

Quote:
Twisted logic that mate. The price of something is surely the price you can buy it at, at the time of wanting to buy it, I would have thought? It has nothing to do with the price it used to be at some point in the past.

For example, iheadphones.co.uk are listing the SE530 as available in stock at £249, whereas the SE535 is listed as £439.  Thats not pricing I've conjured out of the mists, you know....

Give it a rest. The difference in pricing between the SE530 and SE535 was repeatedly explained to you in the Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread, and now you're banging on about it in this one as if you've just come down in the last shower. You're either obstinate or as thick as two short planks.

Jun 23, 2010 at 5:15 AM Post #10 of 20
I'm not banging on about it, just pointing it out. Your use of language is very confrontational - unless you're Judge Dread, of course 
confused_face_2.gif

You didn't 'explain' anything of the sort either.  I'm yet to see an argument for Shure's pricing policy for these 2 models that convinces me they've pitched it correctly.

But I'll leave it there.  Congratulations on hounding me out of two threads now. That must be very satisfying.

Quote:

Give it a rest. The difference in pricing between the SE530 and SE535 was repeatedly explained to you in the Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread, and now you're banging on about it in this one as if you've just come down in the last shower. You're either obstinate or as thick as two short planks.

Jun 23, 2010 at 5:56 AM Post #11 of 20
I prefer direct to confrontational thanks. It was explained to you repeatedly by Head-Fiers including myself in the SE535 thread, so please don't deny it. We've already been over this in the other thread to the point of exhaustion. I presume that the reason you left there was because two Head-Fiers in that thread had grown tired of you derailing it.

I left that thread before you because I concluded that you could not be reasoned with, while you continued to repeat your prejudice against Shure and its pricing of the SE535 like a mantra. You knew what you were doing and you kept at it until you were politely asked to move on. So please refrain from playing the persecution card. 

It's obvious to me that you are a huge fan of the SM3. Good for you. I'm glad that you have found an earphone that you really enjoy. However, it's just as apparent that you continue to have a problem with Shure and the pricing of the SE535, which you either misunderstand or refuse to, despite attempts by Head-Fiers to clarify this for you with the facts. That's the only sense that I can make out of your posts on this topic.

Jun 23, 2010 at 6:01 AM Post #12 of 20
What a strange post. I could say wind ya neck in mate, but instead I'll say good on ya big fella, cos you make me laugh.

Laters Judgy.  Keep stroking that new cable.

Quote:
I prefer direct to confrontational thanks. It was explained to you repeatedly by Head-Fiers including myself in the SE535 thread, so please don't deny it. We've already been over this in the other thread to the point of exhaustion. I presume that the reason you left there was because two Head-Fiers in that thread had grown tired of you derailing it.

I left that thread before you because I concluded that you could not be reasoned with, while you continued to repeat your prejudice against Shure and its pricing of the SE535 like a mantra. You knew what you were doing and you kept at it until you were politely asked to move on. So please refrain from playing the persecution card. 

It's obvious to me that you are a huge fan of the SM3. Good for you. I'm glad that you have found an earphone that you really enjoy. However, it's just as apparent that you continue to have a problem with Shure and the pricing of the SE535, which you either misunderstand or refuse to, despite attempts by Head-Fiers to clarify this for you with the facts. That's the only sense that I can make out of your posts on this topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back