any ATL head-fiers?
Aug 7, 2004 at 9:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

pianomaster

New Head-Fier
i've got about 6 weeks until school starts and i wanted to see how many members live in georgia who have held head-fi get-togethers. Atlanta seems like the obvious choice, but i wanted to see if i could meet and greet some people and listen to some great music on some great stuff before i left! after that i'll be in Ohio, so i might as well ask about meets up there too....

Aug 7, 2004 at 10:40 PM Post #2 of 30
Hey.

I'm a little farther north, in Chattanooga. I have just been lurking around here for 3 months or so, but would love to do something in the south east. Atlanta would be good, but if there are many Tennessee Head-Fiers out there, Chatt is only about 2 hours from Knoxville, Nashville, and Atlanta, always a possibility. Maybe there are some more people in this general area who'd like to have an impromtu, maybe?

Hope to see something get started...

**BRENT**

Aug 7, 2004 at 10:50 PM Post #3 of 30
Me and a few other head-fi'ers had a meet last august. Thats about it.
-Mag

Aug 8, 2004 at 2:37 AM Post #4 of 30
Hi,
I'm in Norcross, GA. TomHankins lives 3 mins away from my house (sorry tom!) and Leco is somewhere closed by.

Aug 20, 2004 at 4:19 AM Post #8 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo
I'd probably be interested in participating if my schedule affords it.

We all know you're never busy.
tongue.gif

And of course I would be up for whatever.

Nashville meet is this Saturday. Weeeeeeeeeee
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 20, 2004 at 4:56 AM Post #9 of 30
There are many headfiers in the area and we need to get a meet going. My C555ES sacdmods will arrive next week. Let's set up the date.

Purk

Aug 23, 2004 at 11:28 PM Post #10 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk
There are many headfiers in the area and we need to get a meet going. My C555ES sacdmods will arrive next week. Let's set up the date.

Purk

Wouldn't we need somewhere to have it first?
confused.gif

Aug 23, 2004 at 11:30 PM Post #11 of 30
biggrin.gif
True...
biggrin.gif

Aug 24, 2004 at 3:33 AM Post #13 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hop Pocket
I definitely want to go to one of these, but what actually goes on at such an event?

Trying out new equipment. (Headphones, amps, sources, cables, etc.)
But I go mostly for the social aspect. It is fun to meet people that share the same interests as yourself.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 28, 2004 at 2:26 AM Post #14 of 30
Ph34ful,

Hey, don't tell him everything. We wouldn't want to scare him off with the pagan dance wearing goat skins that we do before sitting down to headphone listening.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back