any ATL head-fiers?
Aug 28, 2004 at 4:47 AM Post #16 of 30
Can someone host the event? I live in a small apartment so accomodating many folks won't be a good idea.

Aug 28, 2004 at 6:36 AM Post #17 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo
Ph34ful,

Hey, don't tell him everything. We wouldn't want to scare him off with the pagan dance wearing goat skins that we do before sitting down to headphone listening.
biggrin.gif

ROFLMAO!
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk
Can someone host the event? I live in a small apartment so accomodating many folks won't be a good idea.

I would offer. But I don't live close enough to be of much use.
tongue.gif

Sep 10, 2004 at 6:03 PM Post #18 of 30
I'm going to resurrect this thread to see if anything every came of this. Seems the conversation just died. I realize the original poster is probably back in Ohio in school, but how many Atlanta area Head-fiers are there? C'mon, folks, raise your hands.

Sep 10, 2004 at 6:37 PM Post #19 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by pianomaster
i've got about 6 weeks until school starts and i wanted to see how many members live in georgia who have held head-fi get-togethers. Atlanta seems like the obvious choice, but i wanted to see if i could meet and greet some people and listen to some great music on some great stuff before i left! after that i'll be in Ohio, so i might as well ask about meets up there too....

I have had some fairly routine mini-meets here in Central Ohio of late. There is also a thread about a head-fi meet in Cincinnati in the meet section; check that out too. You are certainly welcome to come to one of my meets and I bet you could ride up with someone.
wink.gif

Sep 10, 2004 at 7:17 PM Post #20 of 30
I think the problem was we never found anywhere to have it. Which is a large problem.

Sep 22, 2004 at 5:21 AM Post #22 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by carterondrums
c'mon guys lets do this thing. somebody step up. im in a gatech apt if we have to we could have it here but it would be really cramped.

That is a very kind offer! Too bad others can't follow your lead.
frown.gif

I would offer to host but I am 2 hours away...
Are we ATL area Headfiers really that bad a group?
confused.gif

Oct 5, 2004 at 6:20 PM Post #23 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by carterondrums
c'mon guys lets do this thing. somebody step up. im in a gatech apt if we have to we could have it here but it would be really cramped.

Sorry for the thread crap. Carterondrum: sent you a PM a while back...pls read your PMs
biggrin.gif

Oct 9, 2004 at 10:54 PM Post #26 of 30
I'm free most of the weekend, so let's get together. Let's confirm the place first.

Oct 9, 2004 at 11:42 PM Post #27 of 30
I am a freshman at Emory, so I guess I am in Atlanta.
wink.gif

Scott

Oct 10, 2004 at 3:12 PM Post #28 of 30
So I guess that means it's a go?

There's a map to the shop here:

www.yeswehaveawebsite.com

And I don't really think they'll care if we meet there. They seem to enjoy thier customers, and it's not like there's going to be 40 of us.

So now we just need a time. Does 11:00 work for anyone? That way we can ogle the new MacIntosh stuff (including those new array speakers with 16 tweets and 20 mids) and mosey on to some lunch later if anyone's still free.

I figure there's no need for big plans or RSVP. I'll plan on being there and anyone else that would like to show up, please do!

Oct 10, 2004 at 4:44 PM Post #29 of 30
So we are trying to meet at their place and bring a bunch of our equipments there? Will we disrupted their business?

BTW, if this thing ever going to take place...I can bring many gears:

Headphone:
Senn HD-650 w/ Zu Mobius or Blue Dragon, Senn HD-580 Jubilee, Grado SR-325, Grado SR-225, Sony MDR-CD3000 stock or w/ Silver Dragon cable, Audio Technica ATH-A100ti.

Source:
SACDmods Sony SCD-C555ES, and maybe my modified XA20ES.

Amp:
My PPA w/ Diamond Buffer w/ STEPs, and RKV with Impedancer, and portable Pimeta.

Oct 11, 2004 at 8:48 PM Post #30 of 30
We doing this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back