Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Mar 21, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #5,791 of 6,444

Quote:
Can't wait until the season final. Surprisingly good series, never knew anime was suited for horror thrillers.

They had a pretty big budget I'm guessing. Another also has that simultaneous manga being released and a planned live-action movie. As good as my understanding of japanese is, I don't know if I can keep my attention focused for a whole movie. Otherwise, yeah, it's one of those series many will like immediately off the bat. It caught on about as well as Mashiro-iro did for me, which was really well.

Mar 21, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #5,792 of 6,444
The Movie comes out in August this year! The Manga finished up this January. The creator is EVEN talking a spin-off etc! :)

Mar 23, 2012 at 7:39 AM Post #5,793 of 6,444
I just finished Gankutsuou. Absolutely superb anime. I highly recommend it.

Mar 24, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #5,794 of 6,444
That is an excellent anime and I even own the limited OST to it 
smily_headphones1.gif
 Nobody does revenge like modified Dumas! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 27, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #5,796 of 6,444

Quote:
I just finished Gankutsuou. Absolutely superb anime. I highly recommend it.

Been a while since I watched that one.  I remember liking it and having a few nitpicky critiques of it.  Overall, however, once you get past the kaleidoscope clothing patterns it's an awesome series.

I don't have the OST, but I do have the art book.  Do I still get otaku points?  ^.^

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #5,797 of 6,444
I watched the final episode of Chihayafuru just now. I really think this is an excellent anime, and it was definitely worth watching.
At some points the tension was just incredible, and additionally the overall plot is constructed quite well.

Ano Natsu de Matteru was also just absolutely amazing. I even gave it a 10/10.
Some of the scenes were incredibly moving, especially the more dramatic ones. I also really liked the setting.

Another was a really good show too. Probably just about the most intense anime I have watched so far. Many times I found myself sitting at the edge of my seat. I didn't really like the final solution to the plot though, I had hoped for a more interesting person to be the culprit.

Although short, I found Black Rock Shooter to be really enjoyable as well.

Finally, I also finished watching Bakuman S2. It really surprises me that they were able to create such a good show/manga out of such a (imo) weak setting.

I have also been reading multiple manga over the past few weeks, but I won't go there for the sake of not making this post even more boring than it already is.
(gosh, I really should learn how to write good reviews. A book recommendation anyone?)

Mar 27, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #5,798 of 6,444
Well, Bakuman was made by the creators of Death Note. It's wrong to expect anything less out of them. :)

Mar 27, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #5,799 of 6,444

Quote:
I watched the final episode of Chihayafuru just now. I really think this is an excellent anime, and it was definitely worth watching.
At some points the tension was just incredible, and additionally the overall plot is constructed quite well.

Finally, I also finished watching Bakuman S2. It really surprises me that they were able to create such a good show/manga out of such a (imo) weak setting.
I have also been reading multiple manga over the past few weeks, but I won't go there for the sake of not making this post even more boring than it already is.
(gosh, I really should learn how to write good reviews. A book recommendation anyone?)

Chihayafuru was very good. It's too bad the low sales means it won't be getting another season.

I don't think Bakuman's setting is weak at all. It might seem a bit mundane at first, but it's pretty much a perfect shonen-type setting. I don't know how accurate the editing/production parts are, but they are the best part of the show.

Mar 27, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #5,800 of 6,444

Quote:
 I don't know how accurate the editing/production parts are, but they are the best part of the show.

The process is very accurate, although emotions and interactions are overexaggerated. 

Mar 30, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #5,802 of 6,444
Ano Natsu de Matteru ( I guess MIB 3 this summer had a part too...)  is from the people that gave you Onegai Teacher and Onegai Twins check those out if you have not see them!
Going a bit further back IF you have not seen it try Mahormatic the Automatic Maiden I bet you would REALLY like that one!
New stuff NEXT WEEK!! What to watch What to watch....

Mar 30, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #5,803 of 6,444
Yeah, the new season for the most part rolls out next week. I will watch like 4 or so off the bat, and test out for a ep or 2 for the others to see what they're like.

Mar 30, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #5,804 of 6,444

Quote:
Nastume Yujinchou, old but real good. I watched the first episode a long time ago but never got interested. Friend recommended it to me and surprisingly pulled me in somehow.

Getting a fourth season too. Can't be happier about it. This is really one of my favorite series.

Mar 31, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #5,805 of 6,444
I just finished up Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood and it was great. One of my favourites now. 

I've also been watching Guilty Crown on and off, I'm a few episodes behind now though. Sometimes it great, other times it's really meh. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back