Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Jan 7, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #5,716 of 6,444
It has not been announced that was a wish  and a dream.!

I was surprised their was a S2! So why not an S3! :)

Jan 7, 2012 at 5:58 AM Post #5,717 of 6,444
It has not been announced that was a wish  and a dream.!

I was surprised their was a S2! So why not an S3! :)

Has anyone here actually read the manga? Maybe if the story in the manga is still ways ahead of the anime it's more likely.

That reminds me, I've been enjoying the following manga over the past two weeks:
- 20th Century Boys
- Otoyome-gatari
- Great Teacher Onizuka (currently reading)
- Kill me Baby
- Oyasumi Punpun
- Yotsuba&!

I especially liked Kill me Baby and Yotsuba&!. Can anyone here recommend some more seinen slice of life/comedy manga similar to these two works?

20th Century Boys had an excellent story, but it was in my opinion to long. I guess I'm not really into these kind of manga.

Oyasumi Punpun was very refreshing. Despite the characters being quite eccentric you can still somehow relate to them very well, and the art was just incredible.

I also tried reading Skip Beat!, but I dropped it quite quickly. Seems I can't stand shoujo stuff (maybe it's something to do with my gender, lol).

Jan 7, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #5,719 of 6,444
BTW Kill me Baby JUST started as an anime!!! 
I KNOW already which is GOING to be my favorite and I have not even seen it yet!  %20Nisemonogatari%20-%2001%20[720p].mkv.torrent]Nisemonogatari 
They finallly made a sequal to Baka and its going to be GREAT! 
beerchug.gif

Jan 8, 2012 at 5:19 AM Post #5,720 of 6,444
BTW Kill me Baby JUST started as an anime!!! 
I KNOW already which is GOING to be my favorite and I have not even seen it yet!  %20Nisemonogatari%20-%2001%20[720p].mkv.torrent]Nisemonogatari 
They finallly made a sequal to Baka and its going to be GREAT! 
beerchug.gif

You'd say that, but have you seen Miniskirt Pirates? In my opinion that was by far the best I've seen up until now.
I haven't watched Nisemonogatari yet, though. I'll be watching Bakemonogatari today, since it gets so much praise. Only 12 eps anyway.

Kill me Baby was very enjoyable as well. I watched one episode. Then I got the urge for more and read the entire manga.

I also watched Highschool DxD and Senki Zesshou Symphogear, but I haven't really been impressed by those two all that much.

Jan 8, 2012 at 8:47 AM Post #5,721 of 6,444
did someone say mini skirt pirates? awwwww yeaaaaa. gonna check that out.

Jan 8, 2012 at 9:44 AM Post #5,722 of 6,444
Used to watch quite some shows years ago, absolutely loved Mai-HiME, Mai-Otome and the OVA that followed after that, no clue what it's called.

Oh and Elfen Lied, obviously! Probably saw around 15 shows, but since it's been so long and all the names are Japanese I don't remember any. I could sum up the usual as Naruto, FMA, Death Note, etc, but that's not gonna enrich you guys, as you know them.

Jan 8, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #5,723 of 6,444

Quote:
You'd say that, but have you seen Miniskirt Pirates? In my opinion that was by far the best I've seen up until now.
I haven't watched Nisemonogatari yet, though. I'll be watching Bakemonogatari today, since it gets so much praise. Only 12 eps anyway.
Kill me Baby was very enjoyable as well. I watched one episode. Then I got the urge for more and read the entire manga.
I also watched Highschool DxD and Senki Zesshou Symphogear, but I haven't really been impressed by those two all that much.

FYI, Bakemonogatari is 15 episodes.

Jan 8, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #5,724 of 6,444
Bakemonogatari  is 15 eps. There were 3 OAVs made after the series ended on TV. Shaft must have had issues because it was a LONG gap 
between eps. It deserves praise because its very very good. It works more mentally has a lot of word play and its just plain enjoyable!
I really love the characters and the story, the writer is awesome! 
beyersmile.png

I own a pachinko called Minisuka 2 mini skirted police girls! Give the Promo a watch its pretty kewl!

Jan 9, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #5,729 of 6,444

Quote:
I watched first two eps of Bakemonogatari, and indeed it looks very good. I absolutely love the art style they used in the animation.

It's an interesting one.  I'm personally a big fan, but the lightly ecchi content can sometimes turn people right off.  As KimbaWLion mentioned, the release wasn't always very even, so in some ways you are fortunate to be watching it all now post-release.

Watched the first ep of Nisemonotgatari last night.  I don't remember if there that many anime references in Bakemonogatari, but there was at least two of them that I laughed at in Nisemonogatari.  There was an obvious R.O.D. one, which I thought was funny partially because I only just recently got around to watching that series.

Jan 9, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #5,730 of 6,444

It's an interesting one.  I'm personally a big fan, but the lightly ecchi content can sometimes turn people right off.  As KimbaWLion mentioned, the release wasn't always very even, so in some ways you are fortunate to be watching it all now post-release.

Watched the first ep of Nisemonotgatari last night.  I don't remember if there that many anime references in Bakemonogatari, but there was at least two of them that I laughed at in Nisemonogatari.  There was an obvious R.O.D. one, which I thought was funny partially because I only just recently got around to watching that series.

Yep, just as many references in Bakemonogatari. At least, there are quite a couple in some of the scenes with Hachikuji-chan.

I finished watching Bakemonogatari today, btw. It was indeed quite good.
In the beginning I felt a very large 'wow' feeling because of the impressive art, but that later faded away. Good thing the art wasn't the only aspect done well.

I also really liked the frequent changing of OP's. Although I must admit that the one for the last five episodes was quite weak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back