Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Jan 9, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #5,731 of 6,444

Quote:
Yep, just as many references in Bakemonogatari. At least, there are quite a couple in some of the scenes with Hachikuji-chan.
I finished watching Bakemonogatari today, btw. It was indeed quite good.
In the beginning I felt a very large 'wow' feeling because of the impressive art, but that later faded away. Good thing the art wasn't the only aspect done well.
I also really liked the frequent changing of OP's. Although I must admit that the one for the last five episodes was quite weak.

Hrm...I'll have to rewatch it again.  Maybe I just forgot about the references, or they didn't strike me quite as much because of the coincidence of having just finished R.O.D.

I agree that I like the way they changed the OPs.  I kinda agree that the last one just doesn't resonate as much with me and isn't as much fun as some of the others were.  Kinda ironic given that it's performed by Yui Horie, who has had some success doing some music vocalist albums outside of anime.  Course, with the way seiyuu are in Japan, having one of them release some non-anime songs isn't that unusual, and every singer is sure to have some underwhelming pieces here and there.

Jan 9, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #5,732 of 6,444
Hmm, to me the weakest OP was the Hachikuji's one, Tsubasa's one was the 2nd best in my preference...

Jan 9, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #5,733 of 6,444
Really?  I kinda liked Kaerimichi.  It was fun and kinda sad when you took the lyrics in context with Hachikuji's story.  But, as you alluded to, it's all personal preference.  For the record, I liked the fourth, second, first, third, and fifth OP's roughly in that order.  Depending on what mood I'm in, the top three change, since for me they're pretty close.

Jan 9, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #5,734 of 6,444
hahaha, your last three are my top three orz...

Btw none of the five OP really touched me with lyrics content, perhaps the ED's lyric caught my attention even more.

Jan 9, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #5,735 of 6,444
Haha...see?  Totally subjective.  That's one of the awful and awesome things about music...or anime...or headphones...etc.  To be honest, I'm not entirely sure where I'd put staple stable because I really like the song a lot, but I don't find myself really listening to it much.  Hence it falls in the middle.

On a different topic, I'm still holding out hope Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam will start picking up...something.  I don't know what.  I find myself wanting them to use certain characters, like Dio, more than they have so far.  He had a nice appearance in episode 10 (I think it was that one), but we'll see if that continues.  So far, what characters they had from the previous series, they don't seem to really make use of, and what characters are new don't really seem to be getting much fleshed out.  Sure, there's a little bit of melodrama and angst between the characters sometimes, but nothing that seems really...I don't know...nourishing...or something.  The story has also seemed to me to be rather unabated in being negative and oppressive with the Federation's role.  They keep getting the upper hand, and while they get defeated it's like we don't see any effect on the antagonists at all.  Maybe we'll get a weird reversal where we find out the antagonists aren't really the antagonists or something, or maybe the just really REALLY want you to hate their guts, but it's hard for me to watch when you kick the bad guy in the teeth and they're just back the next episode like nothing at all happened.

...or maybe I just got trained to be in a different frame of mind after watching too much Working and Squid Girl.

Jan 9, 2012 at 8:18 PM Post #5,736 of 6,444

Seriously? You watch anime in English?

try watching Golden Boy is japanese. not funny at all. some animes actually is a must in english. not all anime sounds good in japanese.

Jan 9, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #5,737 of 6,444

Quote:
try watching Golden Boy is japanese. not funny at all. some animes actually is a must in english. not all anime sounds good in japanese.

A tad off topic but the older Ace Combats are almost anime like. Plus they had the option of Japanese and English, a great deal of the time. I actually found myself favoring the English voice acting over Japanese, because it was actually pretty well done. Actually, I'd argue AC3: Electrosphere basically was one. One you could play and blow stuff up in.

Jan 9, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #5,738 of 6,444

Quote:
Haha...see?  Totally subjective.  That's one of the awful and awesome things about music...or anime...or headphones...etc.  To be honest, I'm not entirely sure where I'd put staple stable because I really like the song a lot, but I don't find myself really listening to it much.  Hence it falls in the middle.

Well, I think it's a wonderful thing as long as people have the aware to respect each other's opinion.Staple staple is my most favourite OP in the series, and also somehow represent memories about the anime itself to me

On a different topic, I'm still holding out hope Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam will start picking up...something.  I don't know what.  I find myself wanting them to use certain characters, like Dio, more than they have so far.  He had a nice appearance in episode 10 (I think it was that one), but we'll see if that continues.  So far, what characters they had from the previous series, they don't seem to really make use of, and what characters are new don't really seem to be getting much fleshed out.  Sure, there's a little bit of melodrama and angst between the characters sometimes, but nothing that seems really...I don't know...nourishing...or something.  The story has also seemed to me to be rather unabated in being negative and oppressive with the Federation's role.  They keep getting the upper hand, and while they get defeated it's like we don't see any effect on the antagonists at all.  Maybe we'll get a weird reversal where we find out the antagonists aren't really the antagonists or something, or maybe the just really REALLY want you to hate their guts, but it's hard for me to watch when you kick the bad guy in the teeth and they're just back the next episode like nothing at all happened.

...or maybe I just got trained to be in a different frame of mind after watching too much Working and Squid Girl.

Last Exile looks good to me so far, looking forward to next episode every week. There are quite some unknown there so I'm not going to predict what should happen...

Jan 15, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #5,739 of 6,444
Looks like a few goodies this time AT LEAST to me! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Highschool DxD is a RIOT! It went to Anime REALLY fast! Only 4 manga chapters...

Morestu Pirates is starting to roll!

The Alien school student  Ano Natsu de Matteru is going to an Onegai teacher like one to me but that works too!

Ino X Boku Secret Service which just started is looking good too!

Recorder to Randsell  is short but REALLY funny one (for those who do not know its about a boy you looks like a college HSchooler and his HS sister who looks like she is in elementry school)

Jan 15, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #5,740 of 6,444
Highschool DxD is a RIOT! It went to Anime REALLY fast! Only 4 manga chapters...

I personally don't really like the anime so far. The setting is not that interesting, but more importantly I hate the nudity. I don't mind panty shots, but this is just plain annoying.On top of that I don't really think the female characters look that good either.

Jan 15, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #5,741 of 6,444
Different thing to different people. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nudity vs no nudity does not really count into whether I like an anime or not. Some anime are just geared for it, I am hoping
the story will make it work over all. Given the dearth of mange to go from, it will be a short one!

To be Honest I want more Toaru no Index that ranks as one my favorites plenty to go from too!
Same thing with Resurrection Princess, I like the darkness an style of that one too!

What draws me in to High School DxD is the angel vs. fallen angel vs Demon aspect to be honest! 
The character designs are a mixed bag but that okay by me I like it dark and funny and generic is okay with me too.
I guess that is why I like Go Nagi SOOO much!  A lot of his characters are crossing from one anime to another!

Jan 17, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #5,742 of 6,444
Anybody watching Another? I am REALLY liking the style and creepiness if this one!
I wonder whats under the eyepatch... I love the title head of counter measures...

Jan 18, 2012 at 2:08 AM Post #5,744 of 6,444
Anybody watching Another? I am REALLY liking the style and creepiness if this one!
I wonder whats under the eyepatch... I love the title head of counter measures...

It is indeed very creepy. These guys are masters at creating tension.
I'm expecting a lot from this show given the excellent first and second episodes.

Jan 18, 2012 at 8:22 AM Post #5,745 of 6,444
The GOOD thing is the Manga is FINISHED! 
We will get a TRUE resolution on this one...
Between the Art style, the backgrounds, the music
This one creates a really uneasy feeling! I am REALLY liking it! 
smily_headphones1.gif

If you have not seen Mirai Nikki give that one a go too! It has a REALLY 
original premise and since the Manga is complete and its going to be 24 eps
It SHOULD finish within that time!

Nisemonogatari I have been looking forward too for quite awhile! The first 2 eps seem a built up
to whats coming a typical trap this anime lays...

I'll still want more Index, I JUST love that series for ALL its characters, its complexities and the plain fun
it is to watch it! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back