Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Apr 23, 2011 at 2:27 AM Post #4,216 of 6,444
Finished Canaan. 7/10 imo. Worth watching but not amazing.

Apr 23, 2011 at 2:31 AM Post #4,217 of 6,444
Anyone following current season? There is a few series that caught my eyes so far, great start I must say.

Watching a few myself. Led off by Ano Hana and Hanasaku Iroha. Lots to choose from. But my tastes run the gamut. World God Only Knows II, Hidan no Aria, Steins;Gate, Tiger & Bunny, Denpa Onna, C, Ao no Exorcist as well. Okay, when I actually have time...

Apr 23, 2011 at 8:31 PM Post #4,219 of 6,444
One Piece... I first watch the anime episode, and since I couldn't wait more to konw what was going on, I get to read the scan every week.... Should get back to the anime (if I had some time for it..)

Apr 27, 2011 at 2:12 PM Post #4,220 of 6,444

Quote:
eh to each their own, like i dont even worry about a top 25, i just have a top 5 and then all others 
tongue.gif

Haha...well, on another forum a friend asked me to list a top 25.  It actually does get pretty hard sometimes beyond the "really really good" stuff, which is like a top 5.

Apr 27, 2011 at 7:40 PM Post #4,221 of 6,444

Quote:

Haha...well, on another forum a friend asked me to list a top 25.  It actually does get pretty hard sometimes beyond the "really really good" stuff, which is like a top 5.

exactly, the really really realy good stuff is my top 5, and i just really dont want to take the time to put anything else into any sort of order. heck, i dont even put my top 5 into any sort of order. Though i guess i could do a general list after the top 5 of above average, then average, then bad. lol that wouldnt be too hard.

so this season so far im watching Gosick(obviously, and i freaking love it), hidan no aira, which is cheesy and bad, but i still like it, Denpa Onna, which ive found entertaining enough to not stop watching, and then Ano Hana, which ive also found entertaining enough to not stop watching yet. But then there's Steins;Gate, whcih i think im gonna stop now, got through ep4, and its just bad, at least i think so.

Apr 29, 2011 at 10:10 AM Post #4,223 of 6,444
alright, so i got around to watching Macross Frontier The False Songstress last night. And ive got say, that while it did look much better, the animation and everything. overall, im kind of disappointed. They changed too many of the characters i feel, and then there's the obvious fact that the pacing is pretty much ruined when you try to shove that many hours of show into a 2 hour movie. though i will still watch the second movie, when it comes out some time this year.

And I've started watching SDF Macross as well, through the first 13 episodes. This is the first anime I've watched from the beginning of the 80's, which accounts for all the stuff i dont really like about it. The dialogue, animation and character design, is all not so hot. but i do like the story, so it's not like im gonna quit watching. but it does make me miss how awesome Frontier looked...

EDIT: Also, i dont know how many of you like metal, but they're releasing this metal cd with covers of songs from Studio Ghibli movies, which i think is pretty sweet

Apr 29, 2011 at 2:00 PM Post #4,224 of 6,444

Quote:
alright, so i got around to watching Macross Frontier The False Songstress last night. And ive got say, that while it did look much better, the animation and everything. overall, im kind of disappointed. They changed too many of the characters i feel, and then there's the obvious fact that the pacing is pretty much ruined when you try to shove that many hours of show into a 2 hour movie. though i will still watch the second movie, when it comes out some time this year.

And I've started watching SDF Macross as well, through the first 13 episodes. This is the first anime I've watched from the beginning of the 80's, which accounts for all the stuff i dont really like about it. The dialogue, animation and character design, is all not so hot. but i do like the story, so it's not like im gonna quit watching. but it does make me miss how awesome Frontier looked...

EDIT: Also, i dont know how many of you like metal, but they're releasing this metal cd with covers of songs from Studio Ghibli movies, which i think is pretty sweet

my 2 favorite things, Heavy Metal and Anime.

Apr 30, 2011 at 10:45 AM Post #4,225 of 6,444
Finished The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's how the second season (disappointing) should have been. It's also nearly 3 hours long, which is very rare for an anime movie, but very well-paced nonetheless.

Started Nichijou recently and have been laughing myself silly. May not be worthy enough to dislodge Azumanga Daioh as the jokes are often overdone but it's still an enjoyable comedy show.

May 3, 2011 at 8:16 PM Post #4,226 of 6,444

Quote:

Yeah...my friend and I debate about how the movies are "reimagined" or "retelling" or not.  It's one of the arguments that come up with the Alto/Sheryl and Alto/Ranka shippers, since the second movie actually has a (theoretical) end to the triangle and how the movies relate to the series relate to the manga relate to my head exploding.  In the end, I think Alto falls in love and elopes with the sky, everyone else joins a communal therapy for relying on someone who's afraid of his papa, and Kawamori laughs sadistically while viewers argue the merits of Ranka's cuteness versus Sheryl's..errr...voice.  Yeah.  That's the ticket.

On a more serious note, agreed that the production quality of the movie is stupidly good.  It's just that, from a fan perspective and viewer of a story, I never really liked the entire "alternate retelling" idea.  It works sometimes, but it feels like a cheat to go over the same ground but with some tweaks and a few changes in choices here and there.  Funny thing is that Kawamori does it in a way that it's ALMOST different enough for me to buy it, but not enough for me to really like it for more than the production values.

And I saw that cover album.  Sounds interesting, but there's a bunch of other stuff I'm going to be buying first.  :)

On my side, watching anime continues to be stalled while I try to finish Ar Tonelico II so I can play Ar Tonelico 3.  Since Maaya Sakamoto is one of the voice talents in AT3.  <3

May 6, 2011 at 1:36 PM Post #4,228 of 6,444
Keep looping 'Anohana ED - secret base ~kimi ga kureta mono~' recently d- -b
almost can memorize the lyric already..

May 6, 2011 at 1:57 PM Post #4,229 of 6,444

This song and anime ignites the burning soul of my male romance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back