Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Apr 19, 2011 at 1:21 AM Post #4,201 of 6,444
so i just finished Gurren Lagann. Pretty stellar overall. Though as some others i have seen on the webernets have said, the ending battle drags out a bit, and even though the style in which the recap episode was in was refreshing, it was still a recap episode, so uneccesary to begin with IMO. but i did enjoy it very much, and im enjoying my Popcorn Hour a great deal, it really is great for anime! and obviously anything that isnt subtitled runs great as well!

Now im just decided if i want to start in on the behemoth that is Macross. I really liked Frontier, and i'd never seen any of macross before, so now at some point i want to work through the entire thing!  Should i watch it in release order? or chronological order starting with Zero?

I watched it in chronological order and was fine. Macross 7 was a bit of a chore to get through in the middle, but the end of it was ok. The other series I had no problems with shifting animation qualities. The older original Macross was by far the worst for animation, but in my opinion the best overall.

Apr 19, 2011 at 1:25 AM Post #4,202 of 6,444
i started watching codegeass and so far its pretty good. i hesitated because i felt mecha's to be a bit of a boring concept but this show changed my opinion on that.

You'll find it's less about the mech and more about the powers, strategy, relationships and story. The mech is a means to an end. One of my top 5 of all time.

Apr 19, 2011 at 1:26 AM Post #4,203 of 6,444
I was bored a few days ago and started watching Canaan on Hulu. Watched 6 of the 13 episodes so far. Pretty good so far, but the story seems to be dragging a bit.

Apr 19, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #4,205 of 6,444
so i had to share the good news, i never thought it would happen, but a US release of Angel Beats! on dvd and Blu Ray was announced for July 23rd!!!

http://geek-news.mtv.com/2011/04/19/section23-films-announces-july-slate-including-angel-beats-collectionsection/?xrs=share_twitter

weee!

Apr 21, 2011 at 1:57 PM Post #4,209 of 6,444

Quote:
i guess it wasnt for everyone, but i thought it was definitely one of the better shows of last year.

Well, I do have odd tastes and look for different shows for different reasons.  Like amongst my top 25 anime series I listed for a friend once I have Texhnolyze, K-On!!, Twelve Kingdoms, Simoun, and Sugar: A Little Snow Fairy in amongst the mix.  I'm a little eclectic and eccentric sometimes. 
wink_face.gif

Apr 21, 2011 at 8:41 PM Post #4,210 of 6,444

Quote:
Well, I do have odd tastes and look for different shows for different reasons.  Like amongst my top 25 anime series I listed for a friend once I have Texhnolyze, K-On!!, Twelve Kingdoms, Simoun, and Sugar: A Little Snow Fairy in amongst the mix.  I'm a little eclectic and eccentric sometimes. 
wink_face.gif

eh to each their own, like i dont even worry about a top 25, i just have a top 5 and then all others 
tongue.gif

Apr 22, 2011 at 6:21 PM Post #4,211 of 6,444
Anyone following current season? There is a few series that caught my eyes so far, great start I must say.

Apr 22, 2011 at 6:48 PM Post #4,212 of 6,444

Quote:
eh to each their own, like i dont even worry about a top 25, i just have a top 5 and then all others 
tongue.gif

I think I'll have to spend at least one whole day if I want to sort up my top XX list now.. orz

Quote:
Anyone following current season? There is a few series that caught my eyes so far, great start I must say.

Indeed. Keeping up with most, currently favourate are the two 'Hana's and C. Dropped Time Paladin Sakura and Sengoku Otome ==

Users who are viewing this thread

Back