Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Jan 9, 2010 at 12:22 AM Post #2,821 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by fenixdown110 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
However, you're not paying for official versions that you can keep. Several groups are ripping those 720p series for everyone for free which you download for archiving.

Except for Fairy Tail, Crunchyroll is keeping a full archive of the shows for video streaming. That's how I was able to see the first Futari Wa Pretty Cure season.
smily_headphones1.gif

It should be noted that most of Crunchyroll's new anime from Japan are coming from TXN (TV Tokyo Network), which is probably the best-known broadcaster of anime in that country. I expect many of the series now streamed on Crunchyroll to be picked up by the likes of Nozomi Entertainment, FUNimation and Sentai Filmworks (formerly ADV Films) for US video release some time in 2010.

Jan 9, 2010 at 12:34 AM Post #2,822 of 6,444
It's nice to have them on file and not have to rely on streaming websites for your fix. That's the whole reason we buy DVD's and bluray's is it not?

Jan 9, 2010 at 4:51 AM Post #2,823 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by fenixdown110 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's nice to have them on file and not have to rely on streaming websites for your fix. That's the whole reason we buy DVD's and bluray's is it not?

Yeah, but DVD and Blu-Ray releases happen significantly after original release, and many series will never see US distribution due to lack of a market. As nice as fansubs are, fansub distribution is still copyright infringement and Crunchyroll is a good first step at creating a fast and legal anime distribution stream.

Jan 9, 2010 at 5:10 AM Post #2,824 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, but DVD and Blu-Ray releases happen significantly after original release, and many series will never see US distribution due to lack of a market. As nice as fansubs are, fansub distribution is still copyright infringement and Crunchyroll is a good first step at creating a fast and legal anime distribution stream.

It depends on whether you a. have a purchased copy of the anime in question and b. if the video is released as well as the subs.

Overall the amount of money lost from the piracy of anime is probably exceedingly small for anime not released in the US.

Jan 9, 2010 at 9:11 AM Post #2,825 of 6,444
The bottom line is this. I will not pay to stream anime. I will only pay to own.

Jan 9, 2010 at 2:13 PM Post #2,826 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Given I have a six megabit/second download speed ADSL connection, I can stream even 720p video without stuttering. That's why I like Crunchyroll--no need to buy media or eat up valuable hard disk space and Crunchyroll nowadays has a huge library of anime that are worth watching.
happy_face1.gif

Jan 9, 2010 at 2:25 PM Post #2,827 of 6,444
An old one, Gundam Wing. I was addicted to the series. The old Gundam Wing really hits me. I'm lucky enough to have the entire series on DVD including Endless Waltz in the collectors box.

Jan 11, 2010 at 8:14 PM Post #2,828 of 6,444
Hey guys, you put a link about another site similar to animeseason-dot-com that looked very good. Seems you removed it from the comments. Care to put it back here or PM?

Jan 11, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #2,829 of 6,444
The last anime I enjoyed was Aria series(Animation, Origination, Natural). Was such a relaxing experience that made me forget about all other worldly worries. Truly one of a kind slice of life anime at its pinnacle (well at least to me). Other than that, GITS 1995 movie, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Princess Mononoke were also equally grand.

Jan 11, 2010 at 9:35 PM Post #2,831 of 6,444
I was thinking of watching Nodame. I started watching an episode while my mom was visiting, but she had already seen the TV drama and didn't really want to watch it again as an anime.

I'm watching Koihime Musou right now after having my curiosity piqued by a post elsewhere about a preorder for a PVC fig. I think the only reason (besides the ecchi) I at all find it interesting is my knowledge about the Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Limited though that is. It's pretty mindless fun though. One of those I can watch with my brain turned off as I'm winding down the night.

Jan 11, 2010 at 10:08 PM Post #2,832 of 6,444
^Hey guys, please, look at my post above.

Jan 12, 2010 at 12:32 AM Post #2,833 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullseye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^Hey guys, please, look at my post above.

You mean crunchyroll?

Jan 12, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #2,834 of 6,444
Nope. Hmm then I found it by myself, because it had a very similar disposition to that one of animeseason, different background colors, series ordered via genre, alphabetical, ...

Hmm wonder which site it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back