Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Jan 3, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #2,791 of 6,444
How is Brotherhood anyhow? I didn't bother to pick it up since I've seen the original FMA already. I hear that Brotherhood follows the manga almost exactly though. I might pick it up if I have the time.

Jan 6, 2010 at 1:02 PM Post #2,793 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikoLayer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I kinda liked it
smily_headphones1.gif
You just gotta accept this wasn't supposed to be a serious show and watch it for giggles. Akane & Mikoto FTW! I am picking up the light novel to see if the original is any different.

I guess that's true haha.

Finished Shikabane Hime and it was pretty good, had some crap episodes but that's to be expected, overall it was fine.

Jan 6, 2010 at 7:34 PM Post #2,795 of 6,444
Today is a really sad day...

animeseason-dot-com site is down. I used to love that site. It had hundreds of series with every link working, listed in different ways, a system to keep watching since last episode, etc.

Now I'll have to find another site similar to that where I can stream anime.

You guys know any site like that?

Jan 6, 2010 at 9:15 PM Post #2,796 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullseye /img/forum/go_quote.gif

animeseason-dot-com site is down. I used to love that site. It had hundreds of series with every link working, listed in different ways, a system to keep watching since last episode, etc.

CrunchyRoll.

Jan 6, 2010 at 9:15 PM Post #2,797 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullseye /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Crunchyroll.com has anime available for streaming in fairly good quality

Jan 6, 2010 at 9:58 PM Post #2,798 of 6,444
I just finished Clannad, and I loved it
smily_headphones1.gif
Very cute and enjoyable. I'll have to watch After Story sometime. I'm about 17 episodes into Umineko. To be honest I'm not happy with the way the anime is structured (keep repeating the same thing with different scenarios) but it has kept my attention very well nonetheless, so it's gotta be doing something right. I plan on watching Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei sometime soon too.

Jan 6, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #2,799 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by appophylite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Crunchyroll.com has anime available for streaming in fairly good quality

What I would like to add is that you have to pay though. It's stupid if you think about it since you're paying to watch TV rips that haven't even been licensed yet. There are several groups who rip CrunchyRoll airings for the benefit of everyone and making them free again. If you do enjoy the series after watching them, go buy it. I dislike having to pay twice for something.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just finished Clannad, and I loved it
smily_headphones1.gif
Very cute and enjoyable. I'll have to watch After Story sometime. I'm about 17 episodes into Umineko. To be honest I'm not happy with the way the anime is structured (keep repeating the same thing with different scenarios) but it has kept my attention very well nonetheless, so it's gotta be doing something right. I plan on watching Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei sometime soon too.

If you thought Clannad was cute, After Story might shock you.
wink.gif
Watch it for yourself and see.

Jan 6, 2010 at 10:59 PM Post #2,800 of 6,444
hmm seems the site I talked about above is back to normal... Maybe intermittent problem?

Jan 7, 2010 at 12:10 AM Post #2,801 of 6,444
Could be a server hiccup or down time for an upgrade.

Jan 7, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #2,802 of 6,444
I just finished Cowboy Bebop and I have to say it had a nice aftertaste both the plot as well as the sketching where beautifully connected. I really liked the ending and it wasn't so straight forward like with most anime's (mostly because of the little funding there is).

But yeah, I recommend you watch, if you already haven't that is.
wink.gif

Jan 7, 2010 at 1:12 AM Post #2,803 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by fenixdown110 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What I would like to add is that you have to pay though. It's stupid if you think about it since you're paying to watch TV rips that haven't even been licensed yet. There are several groups who rip CrunchyRoll airings for the benefit of everyone and making them free again. If you do enjoy the series after watching them, go buy it. I dislike having to pay twice for something.

Yeah, I did notice that...I don't recall it having been pay way back when I first found it but looks like it is now...Ignore my previous post

Quote:

Originally Posted by fenixdown110 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you thought Clannad was cute, After Story might shock you.
wink.gif
Watch it for yourself and see.

Bloody Hell, you're not kidding. My sister still doesn't believe that the Ushio Arc made me cry. If you can't show emotion during After Story, you are not human!
wink.gif

Jan 7, 2010 at 1:35 AM Post #2,804 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by appophylite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bloody Hell, you're not kidding. My sister still doesn't believe that the Ushio Arc made me cry. If you can't show emotion during After Story, you are not human!
wink.gif

Yes, definitely a tear jerker. I didn't sob, but I think I got misty eyed and a single tear might have escaped.
wink_face.gif

Sora no Woto aired and CoalGG released the first sub. I swear it's akin to K-ON but with a military background. Ritsu was replaced by Yuki from Suzumiya Haruhi. LOL
biggrin.gif
k701smile.gif
The character designs are identical, although ANN lists different artists.

Jan 7, 2010 at 7:13 AM Post #2,805 of 6,444
Yeah, I started watching Strik-On! the other day (that is strike witches + k-on!).

Still waiting for new hidaske and hanamaru kindergarten for my moeblob fix

IMVHO clannaids is mediocre and AS is even worse (drama for the sake of drama). It's up there with Elfen Lied on my "most overrated" list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back