Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Oct 1, 2011 at 3:02 AM Post #5,236 of 6,444
I don't consider FLCL psychological at all.

*cough* Evangelion *cough*

i watched Evangelion before. i didn't see the others listed yet.

Oct 1, 2011 at 3:11 AM Post #5,237 of 6,444
Is anyone else worried we may be entering dark times in terms of the animation industry and cartooning in general?

Just read an article about the end of creator based cartoons. I am afraid that if this is happening in the states it could stretch to japan.

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/ideas-commentary/the-end-of-the-creator-driven-era.html

If so i am saddened deeply. I am willing to admit i never grew up and i still prefer animated shows to any live action show. Maybe me being frightened is pointless but what will the next generations grow up in without hand drawn animation. Specifically ones with unique plot and original stories.

Oct 1, 2011 at 3:17 AM Post #5,238 of 6,444
Is anyone else worried we may be entering dark times in terms of the animation industry and cartooning in general?

Just read an article about the end of creator based cartoons. I am afraid that if this is happening in the states it could stretch to japan.

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/ideas-commentary/the-end-of-the-creator-driven-era.html

If so i am saddened deeply. I am willing to admit i never grew up and i still prefer animated shows to any live action show. Maybe me being frightened is pointless but what will the next generations grow up in without hand drawn animation. Specifically ones with unique plot and original stories.

I'll forever miss / remember all of the Disney hand drawn shows. (Have all of then on >720p btw :wink: - 6TB, remember ;D
Hand Drawn is way better than thing cheap overblown computer generated crap imo. The new stuff also shows a total lack of values too.. Disney's Golden Renaisannce Anything earlier than 2000 was amazing. Quality wise, everything's gotten cheaper..and cheaper.. since.

Oct 1, 2011 at 3:31 AM Post #5,239 of 6,444

Quote:
I'll forever miss / remember all of the Disney hand drawn shows. (Have all of then on >720p btw
wink.gif
- 6TB, remember ;D
Hand Drawn is way better than thing cheap overblown computer generated crap imo. The new stuff also shows a total lack of values too.. Disney's Golden Renaisannce Anything earlier than 2000 was amazing. Quality wise, everything's gotten cheaper..and cheaper.. since.

Unfortunately people have gotten lazy and prefer shows which advertise a product. And don't say japan is innocent as i do recall many shows advertising crap. yugioh, beyblade, pokemon, and a few others.

Oct 1, 2011 at 3:40 AM Post #5,240 of 6,444
Well, lets just call my little pony the modern Aristocats. ;p Injecting class, values, and fine execution into society.

Joking, but serious to a degree. =)

Oct 1, 2011 at 3:44 AM Post #5,241 of 6,444

Quote:
Well, lets just call my little pony the modern Aristocats. ;p Injecting class, values, and fine execution into society.
Joking, but serious to a degree. =)

I will agree, its surprisingly good. But it is hard for me to get past the fact i am watching a long ad for a toy. Even if the plot is well done and the characters and animations are well done.

Oct 2, 2011 at 1:21 AM Post #5,242 of 6,444

Quote:
I found it amazing
It's in my top 10 of best I have ever seen (only about 40 so far), but I can definitely understand that it might not be your cup of tea.

Hmm, I think it may be because the video versions I downloaded skips like 3 minutes on each ep, probably because my laptop can't handle blueray, but if it's anything like clannad, I should be liking it.

do we have a list of favourite animes for 2011, since the year is nearly nigh?

I would say:  
steins;gate
magical girl madoka
anohana
mayo chiki =P

Had angel beats on the list too, but realised it's actually 2010 - I just watched it late.

Oct 2, 2011 at 1:29 AM Post #5,243 of 6,444

Quote:
Hmm, I think it may be because the video versions I downloaded skips like 3 minutes on each ep, probably because my laptop can't handle blueray, but if it's anything like clannad, I should be liking it.

I would say:  
steins;gate
magical girl madoka
anohana
mayo chiki =P

Had angel beats on the list too, but realised it's actually 2010 - I just watched it late.

Still need to watch that.

favorites this year.

Ao no exorcist and Beelzebub.

Oct 2, 2011 at 2:24 AM Post #5,244 of 6,444
In no particular order:

Beelzebub
Gintama
Nichijou
Anohana
HanaIro
Usagi Drop
Tiger & Bunny

Quote:

I would say:  
steins;gate
magical girl madoka
anohana
mayo chiki =P

Oct 2, 2011 at 2:43 AM Post #5,245 of 6,444

Quote:
Still need to watch that.

favorites this year.

Ao no exorcist and Beelzebub.

Oh yeah! beelzebub is fun, and I have yet to watch ao no excorcist - if it's like fullmetal alchemist /brotherhood, I might pass... looking for something dark atm, or light and romantic. both together would be good too.

Has anyone seen usagi drop and natsumi yuujinchou? they look interesting too.

and are there any anime's similar to mayo chiki in the sense that a girl has to put on a tough act, but still retains that feminine side (which comes out every now and then) despite the required facade. I enjoyed subaru's simultaneous empowerment and fragility.

Oct 2, 2011 at 2:52 AM Post #5,247 of 6,444
Usagi Drop is cute but may appeal more for those who've raised a kid or two. For those who haven't it's like seeing all the good parts of raising a kid w/pretty much none of the bad.

Quote:

Has anyone seen usagi drop and natsumi yuujinchou? they look interesting too.

Oct 2, 2011 at 4:27 AM Post #5,248 of 6,444
my favourite list of the year at this point:

Hourou Musuko
Usagi Drop
Steins;Gate
Anohana
Hanasaku

Btw this October is going to be exciting...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back