Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Oct 3, 2011 at 4:20 PM Post #5,267 of 6,444
Just watched the first ep of Phi Brain, I'm really just stupefied on how silly the setting is. The production values are okay since it's made by sunrise, it could get interesting so I'll hang on for a few more episodes. I kind of like the ED song, so I fired up the rig for a better listen. And after replaying it about 6 times, I hate it now. I need to stop doing that.

Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! - Not even going to bother, watched the whole episode in about 15 seconds.

Oct 3, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #5,269 of 6,444
Just watched the first ep of Phi Brain, I'm really just stupefied on how silly the setting is. The production values are okay since it's made by sunrise, it could get interesting so I'll hang on for a few more episodes. I kind of like the ED song, so I fired up the rig for a better listen. And after replaying it about 6 times, I hate it now. I need to stop doing that.

Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! - Not even going to bother, watched the whole episode in about 15 seconds.

Just watched it too. The setting is indeed very weird, but other than that it doesn't look bad either.
Might be worth it later on.

Gonna watch C cubed now. :D

Edit: Just watched C cubed.
So far it looks very promising, although the setting seems a bit cliche.
Up until now I like it better than Phi Brain.

Got Mashiro-iro Symphony and Chihayafuru coming up on Wednesday. I'm so excited, especially since this is the first time I'm actually watching anime on an episodic basis rather than a marathon style.

Oct 3, 2011 at 7:49 PM Post #5,272 of 6,444

Quote:
nodame cantabile anyone? :)

The first season was okay. The music was amazing, and the development of their musical skills was really interesting, but the personal relationship between the two main characters is ridiculous. It's the kind of fictional, completely BS kind of relationship that only exists in anime. The second season is much worse.

Oct 3, 2011 at 9:26 PM Post #5,273 of 6,444
Stein's gate was perfect. It is the first "intelligent" anime i've seen in the last few years. It seems that the current trend is to wait for a manga to become popular and then make an anime abomination out of it that only marginally follows the story line as it is convient. Also another disgusting trend is random Moe anime. What is up with that. K-on? seriously? I can feel the melted brain matter oozing out of my ears.

I tried watching Tiger and Bunny but the quality of streaming sites is so terrible, and on top of that the animation/CG divide is too severe for my tastes. Blue Exorcist is nice too.

Oct 3, 2011 at 9:50 PM Post #5,274 of 6,444

Quote:
Stein's gate was perfect. It is the first "intelligent" anime i've seen in the last few years. It seems that the current trend is to wait for a manga to become popular and then make an anime abomination out of it that only marginally follows the story line as it is convient. Also another disgusting trend is random Moe anime. What is up with that. K-on? seriously? I can feel the melted brain matter oozing out of my ears.
I tried watching Tiger and Bunny but the quality of streaming sites is so terrible, and on top of that the animation/CG divide is too severe for my tastes. Blue Exorcist is nice too.

Unfortunately it's what the otakus want. I personally fine moe/fan service to be really really terrible and an embarrassment to anime.

Oct 3, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #5,275 of 6,444
I agree. Half the time i feel like im watching kiddy pron or something when I look around for new anime series. I dont get why they cant just watch normal anime with a proper storyline/arc and minimal fanservice, and if they get all worked up form that much fanservice simply stream some hentai or pron. instead they ruined half the genre with their stupid moe and pantsu.

Oct 3, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #5,276 of 6,444

Quote:

It's always been a trend to take manga and make anime out of it that's what most anime is.
Although these days a lot of light novels are being turned into anime as well.
The problem with ones based on manga is 98% of them are made way too early.
The manga should be finished before a anime is made out of it.
But stuff like Monster 3 years after the manga ended and a perfect adaption just doesn't happen.
A lot of manga is very popular but the content is too extreme for TV.
Anime TV these days and all the censorship good luck with even the tame Shonen Manga.

Really don't see the point of lots of manga being turned into anime so soon.
These shows don't have the ratings to justify it like in the 80's and early 90's
When both the anime and manga were big hits.

And if the manga isn't turned into a anime then it's a TV drama that's only 12-20 something episodes long.
Even if the manga has more volumes than episodes.

Oct 4, 2011 at 1:04 AM Post #5,277 of 6,444
nodame is amazing BECAUSE of the music :D

Quote:
The first season was okay. The music was amazing, and the development of their musical skills was really interesting, but the personal relationship between the two main characters is ridiculous. It's the kind of fictional, completely BS kind of relationship that only exists in anime. The second season is much worse.

Oct 4, 2011 at 2:25 AM Post #5,279 of 6,444
Just saw Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon, took about 30 seconds to watch the whole thing.

I'm not too much against the typical moeblob stuff, I think it serves a purpose for when you feel like turning your brain off and just want to enjoy something. And more importantly, it'll make those 'gems' all the more better, when you eventually come across them.

Oct 4, 2011 at 5:18 AM Post #5,280 of 6,444

Quote:
 And more importantly, it'll make those 'gems' all the more better, when you eventually come across them.

I'm in a gem-seeking mood. just downloaded quite a lot of stuff and none of it is giving me a hit yet.

What would you guys say are your "game-changing" anime? stuff that you watch and feel more than the normal minor tinge of sadness you get when a good anime ends.

Ones that make you all sentimental or decide to approach life differently are solid indicators. Or they could be great for other reasons like twists or a very gripping plot (code geass)

I would have to say, in no particular order:

Great Teacher Onizuka (first non-saturday morning anime ever watched)
Elfen lied
Fullmetal alchemist & brotherhood (borderline)
Code Geass R2 
welcome to the NHK (very borderline)
Clannad after story
Spice and wolf 2nd season (borderline)
Angel beats! 
Steins;gate 
My neighbour totoro (borderline)

Ones that don't quite make the list but are still good anime:

both higurashi seasons (quite good, but no elfen lied)
Ouran highschool host club
Bakemonogatari (really enjoyed)
Melancholy of suzumiya haruhi 
Magical girl madoka
Anohana
Darker than black
Beelzebub (although I can see it turning into a bleach-like anime)
Saikano (depressing)
FLCL
Sora no otoshimono (if you're just looking for some light fanservice anime)
Chobits
School rumble (didn't have a strong personal impact, but could have been my mood after watching something else...)
Neon Genesis
Toradora

Users who are viewing this thread

Back