Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
May 25, 2011 at 3:17 AM Post #4,336 of 6,444

Quote:
They are being translated as they're pretty popular. I know there are also summaries of the most recent one to come out since scanlations take awhile. Not sure if its kosher to put links here.

Well, I'd rather not read summaries, that'd kind of ruin it for me.

I've found that some licensed translators are better than others.  The worst in my experience is Tokyopop.  They started translating FMP then suddenly stopped without warning and put them out of print...and now nobody else has picked it up because they have the license for it.  I have the first volume, but it seems like it's nearly impossible to find any of the other two...

The company translating Haruhi is pretty good though.  They've been releasing the novels at a pretty consistent rate at a good quality.  Don't have any complaints with them, though there are some mild continuity issues with their translations here and there.  They seem to be new to this light novel translation business though, so I can hardly complain.

May 25, 2011 at 3:50 AM Post #4,337 of 6,444
Quote:
Yup, I can only speak English, learning Chinese though.  Won't be able to read it for quite some time though. :p
- Happy learning == ..it'd much easier to pick up a language if you have related hobbies

And season 2 of FMP didn't really count.  It wasn't really part of the series.

And...well, I mostly liked Brotherhood more because I read the manga.  Brotherhood follows the manga pretty closely while the original does not, at all.  I kind of felt that the manga made more sense, bit I could just be biased because I read it first.
- this is quite common actually, but I think its always better to treat them separately. One phrase from Seitokai no Ichizon, 'Media no chigai wo rikai se yo!' (be understanding to the differences among various medium)

Just noticed your post count and join date.. osorubeshi==

May 25, 2011 at 9:35 AM Post #4,339 of 6,444
Hey guys, are there any anime like and as good as either of these: School Rumble, Haruhi Suzumiya, Azumanga Daiou, Noir, .hack, Full Metal Panic, Serial Experiments Lain, Full Metal Alchemist?

I'll just throw out Last Exile, Dennou Coil, and the Index/Railgun series.

May 25, 2011 at 9:39 AM Post #4,340 of 6,444

How can you even compare meruru and maschera? :p  That said, there isn't even a real anime for those two, unless I'm mistaken?

= =
Well.. nice idea actually, if Oreimo's population keep going high maybe this is possible...? (started reading the novel recently, vol.2 now :D

Curious how many would get that. Only brought that up since there was a short sequence between the main characters of those "shows" in the Oreimo OP, which I loved. I thought it'd be a nifty idea to mash those together and see what comes out. And the "TRUE END" is turning out quite well.

May 25, 2011 at 10:05 AM Post #4,341 of 6,444

Quote:

How can you even compare meruru and maschera? :p  That said, there isn't even a real anime for those two, unless I'm mistaken?

Just noticed this post.. maybe you can read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kujibiki_Unbalance
Nothing is impossible ;D

Quote:
Curious how many would get that. Only brought that up since there was a short sequence between the main characters of those "shows" in the Oreimo OP, which I loved. I thought it'd be a nifty idea to mash those together and see what comes out. And the "TRUE END" is turning out quite well.

I think it'd be quite easy to get it as long as you don't change your avatar..

Quote:

..oh yea Dennou Coil, very nice one, as well as its OP&ED
Last Exile season 2 is coming, hope Gonzo can perform well this time..

May 25, 2011 at 10:08 AM Post #4,342 of 6,444

Quote:

Just noticed this post.. maybe you can read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kujibiki_Unbalance
Nothing is impossible ;D

That's, uh.  A pretty big article.  Looking at the immense popularity of OreImo, I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of the two got an anime adaptation...which would be interesting since I want to know what the hell Maschera is really about. :p

May 25, 2011 at 11:56 AM Post #4,343 of 6,444
If you want to use your brain and think a bit while watching, Steins;Gate is a excellent choice. Fun representation of time travelling and conspiracy theories.

May 25, 2011 at 12:11 PM Post #4,345 of 6,444
Noein also has some interesting concepts about time travel.

May 25, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #4,346 of 6,444
haha i dont get how so many people can like Steins;Gate, its the only show i started and then dropped this season 
tongue.gif
 but i guess different strokes for different folks and all...

and i definitely thought Brotherhood was better than the original. in almost every way. cant wait for the last volume to come out on BD from Funi so i can rewatch it 
biggrin.gif

May 25, 2011 at 1:33 PM Post #4,347 of 6,444
It's not my favorite this season, but I love the character interactions so far. They've slow played the plot until recently, but it's still fairly interesting now that it's started to pick up.

Quote:
haha i dont get how so many people can like Steins;Gate, its the only show i started and then dropped this season 
tongue.gif
 but i guess different strokes for different folks and all...

May 25, 2011 at 2:51 PM Post #4,348 of 6,444

Quote:
Hey guys, are there any anime like and as good as either of these: School Rumble, Haruhi Suzumiya, Azumanga Daiou, Noir, .hack, Full Metal Panic, Serial Experiments Lain, Full Metal Alchemist?

Think it depends on if you're just talking quality or what in particular you like.  There's a lot of really good stuff.  And have you watched both FMA series?  Besides the stuff people noted below, I would also put in votes for: Texhxnolyze (only if you don't mind something really dark), Samurai X Trust & Betrayal (first set of OAV's for Rurouni Kenshin), Gankutsuou, Crest of the Stars, Banner of the Stars I and II, Towards the Terra, Todadora!, and Ergo Proxy.

Quote:
i would highly recommend Phantom Requiem of the Phantom, if you liked Noir. and i havent watched Haruki Suzumiya yet, but ive heard Angel Beats is kinda similar, and i freaking love angel beats

Quote:
Eureka Seven, Noein, Tatakau Shisho, Lucky Star, Durarara, Tengen Toppa, Basquash..etc, random pop from my mind ==

Quote:
Quote:

x2 on Last Exile.  Range Murata designs ftw.

May 27, 2011 at 8:31 PM Post #4,349 of 6,444
Finished Clannad After Story today. I completely and utterly loved every single minute of it up until the ending. I thought it should have finished at Episode 19. 

I don't think any series has made me cry more than this one though.

May 27, 2011 at 10:34 PM Post #4,350 of 6,444
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I'll look into them!

Quote:
Finished Clannad After Story today. I completely and utterly loved every single minute of it up until the ending. I thought it should have finished at Episode 19. 

I don't think any series has made me cry more than this one though.

Sounds really melodramatic
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back