Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
May 23, 2011 at 10:30 AM Post #4,307 of 6,444

Quote:
If you want something suitable for adults, watch Madoka Magica. :p

LOL
I think most people will be cheated by the character design if they don't recognize the main staffs (e.g. Plot: Urobuchi Gen ==)..

May 23, 2011 at 10:38 AM Post #4,308 of 6,444

Quote:

LOL
I think most people will be cheated by the character design if they don't recognize the main staffs (e.g. Plot: Urobuchi Gen ==)..

It is one of the more creative animes I've seen for awhile, I can give them that.  Even though the characters themselves are completely and utterly typical of the "genre" of anime it belongs to (magical girl), the situations they're forced into are not.  Which is what makes the anime so...well, good. :p

May 23, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #4,309 of 6,444

Quote:

The main theme is about memories of past childhood and friendships, I think quite suitable for adult audience..? I don't think adults are only meant to watch 18x or similiar stuffs...
Anohana is the best to me among currently ongoing series, others like Hanasaku/C/Deadman/Denpa/etc come after.

The problem is, they're dealing with it in entirely immature way. I have no problem with the idea of nostalgia, or memories. In fact my favourite anime deals with memories at length (kaiba)

Trapeze dealt with a lot of disorders that could be attributed to stress, but they didn't treat it like K-on After School Special

May 23, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #4,310 of 6,444

Quote:
The problem is, they're dealing with it in entirely immature way. I have no problem with the idea of nostalgia, or memories. In fact my favourite anime deals with memories at length (kaiba)

Trapeze dealt with a lot of disorders that could be attributed to stress, but they didn't treat it like K-on After School Special

...? Not very sure what you mean but, Anohana is nowhere similar to K-on..
It seems to me that you just don't like Menma, maybe you can just focus on other characters like Tsurumi (aha, my favorite, kind of cool and thoughtful character) etc. Anyway, Anohana isn't an anime just for 'laugh and forget' to me, its somewhat same 'genre' as Hourou Musuko of last season imo.

May 23, 2011 at 2:49 PM Post #4,311 of 6,444

Quote:
ok, so i just finished watching Macross Plus, and im gonna go out on a limb here and say its my favorite macross yet. even better than Frontier. No love triangle to get in the way. Though one thing that did bother me was that while overall the animation was leagues better than SDF Macross, the lip syncing was quite a bit worse, which puzzled me. Also i think that the Idol was the worst of the bunch. not because she was the Antagonist, but because her songs sucked. I didnt really like Minmay, but even she was better i though, and Sheryl Nome is definitely still my favorite in that regard. Though, Myung's one song that they have her sing a couple times, is actually pretty good i thought.

Just another update as i work my way through the entire macross catalog :)

oh, i watched the flashback 2012 as well, and what a waste of time, its mainly just songs over footage from the show. But they at will show footage from the show and the movie, just mixing and matching what they will. which considering the differences between the two doesnt make much sense.

And on another note, i thought that most of the shows that were on this week that i watched, Ano Hana, Hidan no Aria, and Denpa Onna, were all kind of subpar compared to what they've done till now.

Don't recall noticing any synch issues either with Plus.  Were you watching the OAV or movie version, btw?  And I would swear there's a love triangle there, but instead of two girls over one guy, it's two guys and one girl.  It's just not as drawn out as the other Macross series.

And as far as going through Macross stuff, FYI I think the historical canon goes SDF Macross, Macross 7, Macross Plus, then Frontier.  I think most of the others are considered extras, side stories, or rehashes.  I might be missing something, but only certain Macross shows are considered part of the same story continuum.

May 23, 2011 at 6:35 PM Post #4,312 of 6,444

Quote:
Don't recall noticing any synch issues either with Plus.  Were you watching the OAV or movie version, btw?  And I would swear there's a love triangle there, but instead of two girls over one guy, it's two guys and one girl.  It's just not as drawn out as the other Macross series.

And as far as going through Macross stuff, FYI I think the historical canon goes SDF Macross, Macross 7, Macross Plus, then Frontier.  I think most of the others are considered extras, side stories, or rehashes.  I might be missing something, but only certain Macross shows are considered part of the same story continuum.

there werent really sync issues so much, it was more just that the syncing wasnt as good as SDF MAcross, and i only noticed because i watched them back to back. Macross Plus came out before macross 7 did, hence why im watching it in the order i am. And also, i believe that only Do You Believe in Love(the macross movie) and macross II, are out of canon. Where Do You Believe in Love is supposed to be a movie made about the events of the first show, from the perspective of within the show in the future. and then macross II is outside of canon since it was made by someone else :p

I think you're right, it was two guys and one girl, but they didnt ever really focus on it too much. or maybe its just cause the guys were for the most part not whiny B!tches lol and i watched the OAV version, ive got the movie version as well, but havent watched it yet.

it seems you're right about one thing i didnt know though, i didnt realize that Macross Plus was attached to Macross 7, i thought it was supposed to be the end of SDF Macross, not the beginning of Macross 7...also, i have yet to watched macross II, becuase the version i got was in OGG, and my Popcorn Hour cant play it, so now im waiting on long HDMI and coax cables to connect my new computer to the TV. and i guess if you include Macross PLus in with Macross 7, macross 7 in its own has 3 OVA's a movie and a show!

and some of the confusion around Macross PLus' place in the continuum, could be because the OVA came out before Macross 7, but then the movie version came out after Macross 7.

anyways, thats enough about macross i think...
tongue_smile.gif

May 23, 2011 at 6:57 PM Post #4,314 of 6,444
A little while back I started watching Spice and Wolf. Well I just finished season 2 and I am amazed at how good it was. Really well done. I really hope they do a season 3 soon. This show deserves it. Oh and to clarify I am not a furry I just enjoyed this show for it's plot and character development. Of course it doesn't help that Holo is really cute.  Ok I have to tell you this show looks amazing on a 40 inch or greater hd tv. the attention to detail is absolutely phenomenal. Thank you laptop with an HDMI output.

May 23, 2011 at 7:05 PM Post #4,315 of 6,444
Stupid Hellsing OVAs.  Its been forever and a damn day since VII was released, and VIII just keeps getting pushed back.  At this point it seems like any projected date is just pure speculation.  I wonder if we'll ever actually get VIII and the rest.

May 23, 2011 at 7:31 PM Post #4,316 of 6,444

Quote:
Stupid Hellsing OVAs.  Its been forever and a damn day since VII was released, and VIII just keeps getting pushed back.  At this point it seems like any projected date is just pure speculation.  I wonder if we'll ever actually get VIII and the rest.

I also hope they dub the rest of the OVA's. I need more Nazi vampires.

May 24, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #4,317 of 6,444

Quote:

Historical canon would have to be: Macross Zero, SDF Macross, Macross Plus, Macross 7, and finally Macross Frontier. This is coming from someone who's watched all of it :)

May 24, 2011 at 11:53 AM Post #4,319 of 6,444
Oooh an anime thread. There's all sorts of stuff in these forums besides headphones. I recently finished Aoi Hana and Xam'd. Liked both of them, though the ending of Xam'd didn't really live up to the expectations they built up. 

I watched Madoka as it was airing and thought it was pretty great. Not without its flaws, but a well executed show.

Quote:
By the way, how many people here have actually seen Madoka Magica?

May 24, 2011 at 11:57 AM Post #4,320 of 6,444

Quote:
Oooh an anime thread. There's all sorts of stuff in these forums besides headphones. I recently finished Aoi Hana and Xam'd. Liked both of them, though the ending of Xam'd didn't really live up to the expectations they built up. 

I watched Madoka as it was airing and thought it was pretty great. Not without its flaws, but a well executed show.

I thought it was pretty great.  Though the ending was pretty...meta. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back