Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Jul 2, 2010 at 7:38 AM Post #3,301 of 6,444
Anyone watch the new episode of Naruto? Freaking amazing man. Possibly the best episode in the whole series.

Jul 2, 2010 at 3:16 PM Post #3,302 of 6,444

Quote:
Okami really does look like Taiga except much taller. lol She's also just as feisty.

Grabbed the first episode out of curiosity.  Sounds intriguing and entertaining, hopefully.

On the "getting through my old stuff" side, I finished the first season of Familiar of Zero.  It was pretty entertaining, but didn't really blow me away or anything.  I'll go into the second season sometime soon.

Jul 3, 2010 at 12:18 AM Post #3,303 of 6,444

Quote:
Grabbed the first episode out of curiosity.  Sounds intriguing and entertaining, hopefully.

On the "getting through my old stuff" side, I finished the first season of Familiar of Zero.  It was pretty entertaining, but didn't really blow me away or anything.  I'll go into the second season sometime soon.

First season of Zero no Tsukaima is the best among the 3 seasons, due to the change in director if i'm not wrong for the next 2 episodes which filled the anime with full of fan services..

Jul 3, 2010 at 2:53 PM Post #3,304 of 6,444

Quote:
First season of Zero no Tsukaima is the best among the 3 seasons, due to the change in director if i'm not wrong for the next 2 episodes which filled the anime with full of fan services..

Hrm, if that's true that's too bad.  Wasn't like I was blown away or anything, but it was light and entertaining with a some of the expected love story drama to it.  Still plan to check it out, but that's definitely interesting to note.

Jul 3, 2010 at 11:56 PM Post #3,305 of 6,444
Just came back from AX. Got me a nice 1/7th figure of Shiki from Kara no Kyoukai. :)

Jul 4, 2010 at 12:26 AM Post #3,306 of 6,444
Cool man.  I'm jealous.  Some great guests of honor this year over there.  Looked up the 1/7 figs for Kara no Kyoukai and saw a Good Smile one and a Movic one.  Which one did you get?  And see any of the panels or presentations over there?

Jul 4, 2010 at 2:58 AM Post #3,307 of 6,444

Quote:
Cool man.  I'm jealous.  Some great guests of honor this year over there.  Looked up the 1/7 figs for Kara no Kyoukai and saw a Good Smile one and a Movic one.  Which one did you get?  And see any of the panels or presentations over there?

I got the Movic one. I didn't stay long enough for the presentations. It was way too crowded, so after my shopping, I left and got ramen with a few friends. haha

Jul 4, 2010 at 3:48 PM Post #3,308 of 6,444

Quote:
I got the Movic one. I didn't stay long enough for the presentations. It was way too crowded, so after my shopping, I left and got ramen with a few friends. haha

Nice!  I imagine that it must be a madhouse over there.  SakuraCon up here is sometimes overwhelming, and it's not the size of AX.  Then again, I don't deal with crowds very well over long periods of time.  I usually get by during con by taking time every now and then to go over to the room and grabbing a shot of whiskey.  ^_^

Some interesting news coming out of AX, with regards to license and the like.  So-Ra-No-Wo-To, K-On!, Darker than Black 2, Index and Railgun, etc.  Makes me happy and makes my wallet scared.

Jul 4, 2010 at 11:21 PM Post #3,310 of 6,444
I don't find the second season that much different to the first one. There is indeed a bit more comedy and, more importantly, plot twist, but it's still in the same vein as the first season. If you enjoyed the first season, I don't see why the second season should disappoint.

OTOH, I'm watching the relatively older "Fushigi Yuugi" and very impressed by the storyline. The romance parts may be a bit much (it's catered to female demographic) but the storyline on the whole is outstanding. It manages to integrate plot depth, character development, comedy, romance, grief, etc so well it makes many other shows look spartan plot-wise. If you are going to watch this, be ready for an emotional roller-coaster (the part where the main character sneaks into a neighbouring country to save her best friend is a good start).

Cheers!

Quote:

Jul 4, 2010 at 11:44 PM Post #3,311 of 6,444
i know that many of you may not like it as much as i did, but today is a very sad day, the very last episode of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood air'd today in japan :frowning2: it will go down i think as one of the best written and acted tv shows i've ever seen...

Jul 5, 2010 at 12:03 AM Post #3,312 of 6,444

Quote:
i know that many of you may not like it as much as i did, but today is a very sad day, the very last episode of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood air'd today in japan :frowning2: it will go down i think as one of the best written and acted tv shows i've ever seen...

So whats the feedback with this i even heard a new movie for it? i followed and finished the first FMA but i heard the FMA brotherhood change some parts of the plot more related to the manga

Jul 5, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #3,313 of 6,444
yeah they definitely changed alot of it compared to the last series, which i also enjoyed, but i would say that everything about the new one is better. and i havent heard anything about a movie, though i dont really keep up with tons of anime news.
Quote:
So whats the feedback with this i even heard a new movie for it? i followed and finished the first FMA but i heard the FMA brotherhood change some parts of the plot more related to the manga

Jul 7, 2010 at 11:56 PM Post #3,315 of 6,444
Been catching first episodes of the new season and liking them a whole lot more than last season. So far two standouts for me.

High School of the Dead: Fanservice (zombies!) stacked on top of more fanservice (panties!) with a side of fanservice (gore!) and yet remains compellingly watchable. +1 for the slow zombies. +1 for genre savvy cast. -1 for camera angles.

Occult Academy: First episode fires on all cylinders and delivers on the occult horror comedy premise. +1 for decisive female lead. +1 for timely CR simulcast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back