Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Jan 28, 2008 at 9:43 PM Post #1,666 of 6,444
GSG Season 2...
mad.gif
Way to ruin a series. I'd hope for a redo of the season (a la Negima) with Madhouse running things again, but that's fairly unlikely.

On the other hand, Macross Frontier's 1st episode was excellent. Can't wait for the rest of the season to start airing.

Jan 29, 2008 at 3:41 AM Post #1,668 of 6,444
Capeta is a must watch. Haven't seen an engrossing anime like that in a long time. It's about go kart racing to kart racing, but it revolves around likable characters and a good storyline/pacing.

Jan 29, 2008 at 4:37 AM Post #1,669 of 6,444
I snagged Paprika a couple of weeks ago. Right after that, I snagged Paranoia Agent from my library, as well as Tokyo Godfathers. I think it's safe to say I've been bitten by the Satoshi Kon bug. His style of direction/animation is amazing. There's no other word to describe it, especially in context to Paprika, which is easily some of the smoothest and most beautiful animation I have ever seen.

Jan 29, 2008 at 8:21 AM Post #1,670 of 6,444
Boy, I've seen some great ones lately, and I've fallen behind on posting about them.

Despite having a cheesy title that hints at XXX action and yet has nothing of the sort, Solty Rei is a very nicely put together action anime with a strong jazz theme throughout the series. Jazz music is used predominantly throughout the series as background music. It's one of the newer action animes out there, and is well worth watching.

Air Gear...I never thought I'd get excited about a series that was about nothing but rollerblading, but this series manages to start off and continue to be quite exciting. The storyline tends to be a little strange, and the series tries a little too hard at times to be philosophical about the joy of rollerblading. However each of the major characters are developed very well, character drawings are sharp and modern, and it's entertaining watching how the main character deals with each of his opponents, alongside the revealing of special techniques unique to each person. There's to be a season 2, which I'm looking forward to.

If you want a REALLY deep romantic drama, look into Rumbling Hearts. It has a pretty strong storyline that gives Korean dramas a run for their money. The art style is also very modern and excellently done.

On the romantic comedy front, Lovely Complex was very, very good...quite possibly the best romatic comedy anime I've seen to date. It has absolutely every stereotypical problem a teenager in highschool could possibly run into in a relationship, and the development of all these themes throughout the series is just very well done and integrated (although you can also spot them coming a mile away at times). The series also makes heavy use of wild character body proportions prevalent in animes for its funny moments, and it's insanely hilarious.

Jan 29, 2008 at 10:21 AM Post #1,671 of 6,444
Ah I forgot to mention this...
TEKKONKINKORET!
A really gorgeous anime, directed by some american guy who involved in producing movie such as The Abyss. I really love the artworks, story line, and the backgrounds.
A really superb anime movie...

Jan 29, 2008 at 1:56 PM Post #1,672 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No no no, he said amine, not anime. Amines are indeed for chemistry nerds.
biggrin.gif

OH! I see!
tongue.gif

Jan 29, 2008 at 2:17 PM Post #1,674 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw ninja scroll for the first time. That movie was a...itense.

I was surprised when I saw it for first time as teen (and wasnt that aware of anime other than it existed and referred to japanese animations), and saw that much blood on drawn film and not to mention that... hmmm... attempt of rape that happened. It was rental video, and it was labeled as "for over 15 years old". When I saw it again in the video-rental store, it was fixed to 18 years old. *lol*
biggrin.gif

Jan 29, 2008 at 2:35 PM Post #1,675 of 6,444
I noticed that Tekkonkinkreet and Paprika are two of the first full-feature anime to be released on Bluray. If releases like this continue it could persuade me to get a player.... eventually
smily_headphones1.gif

Lovely Complex seems like it would be right up my alley, I didn't see an american release for it yet. I suppose it's only available as a fansub at the moment Vertigo?

Appophylite be sure to add Perfect Blue to your collection. Easily one of my top 3 of all time.

Jan 29, 2008 at 3:48 PM Post #1,677 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by stereophillips /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Headphone and anime fans will get a kick out of this:

Headphone+musume

There was a full thread on this website, nice find though.

Jan 29, 2008 at 5:33 PM Post #1,678 of 6,444
I'm on D gray-man right now. Couldn't finish Lucky Star cause it got too boring. Also watching gundam00, dragonaut, naruto, and clannad. I can't believe some of the good anime that someone can miss out on if they don't pay attention. I hadn't even heard of d gray-man and it was just a random chance that I found it.

Feb 5, 2008 at 10:20 PM Post #1,680 of 6,444
I just finished watching Eureka Seven.

Oh. My. Gawd. I haven't been this moved or enjoyed an anime so much since I watched Black Lagoon. Truly an excellent series, with great animation and voice acting. And soooooooooooo good storyline. Yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back