Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Oct 14, 2007 at 3:51 AM Post #1,622 of 6,444
Just started watching Kaiji. Looks like to be pretty different from Akagi in terms of atmosphere. Seems like a fun one though
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 27, 2007 at 4:02 PM Post #1,623 of 6,444
This season is mostly full of fail. Worst fall season in a long time...typically the fall is the strongest lineup of new shows... but this year, meh.

This season I'm watching Shana II, Rental Magica, Gundam00, You're Under Arrest: Full Throttle, and Ghost Hound.

Shana II and Rental Magica are the best out of the bunch. Gundam00 is ok, YUA isnt really that great and Ghost Hound i've only seen one episode of.

Oct 27, 2007 at 7:47 PM Post #1,624 of 6,444
I don't find any of the series from this season interesting either.

Oct 28, 2007 at 2:19 AM Post #1,625 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by cfull /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This season is mostly full of fail. Worst fall season in a long time...typically the fall is the strongest lineup of new shows... but this year, meh.

This season I'm watching Shana II, Rental Magica, Gundam00, You're Under Arrest: Full Throttle, and Ghost Hound.

Shana II and Rental Magica are the best out of the bunch. Gundam00 is ok, YUA isnt really that great and Ghost Hound i've only seen one episode of.

Kyou-chan strongly disagrees with you
tongue.gif

CLANNAD - 03[(021269)21-14-25].JPG

Shana does seem to have surprisingly good drawing quatlity, nearly insdistinguishable from the theater version. Somehow genshiken 2 slipped under my radar, definitely watching it as well.

Oct 28, 2007 at 4:37 AM Post #1,626 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikoLayer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kyou-chan strongly disagrees with you
tongue.gif

CLANNAD - 03[(021269)21-14-25].JPG

Shana does seem to have surprisingly good drawing quatlity, nearly insdistinguishable from the theater version. Somehow genshiken 2 slipped under my radar, definitely watching it as well.

I was about to ask where that crap was from, since it looks fairly kyoto animation-ish i sorta guessed it was Clannad and then when hitting reply to your post I see that it is, lol.

More harem/h-game/datesim crap anime. No thanks!

Oct 28, 2007 at 7:31 AM Post #1,627 of 6,444
What is this "datesim" business you speak of, for clannad is definitely not a such creature. "crap" is a strong word, but luckily I have become quite desensitized with all the flack from those who look down on anime and all.

I watched Rental Magica and fail to see how you can speak highly of it, barely worth watching. To each his own.

Oct 29, 2007 at 1:45 AM Post #1,628 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by cfull /img/forum/go_quote.gif
More harem/h-game/datesim crap anime. No thanks!

I'm just here to defend the much-derided genre of harem anime. I'd rather watch a good, funny harem than some cookie-cutter fighting show anyday!

Oct 29, 2007 at 1:54 AM Post #1,629 of 6,444
Kyoani's Key adaptation are not typical harem/datesim crap. You may argue that they are not the top tier anime (Kanon felt rather weak for me). However, their main focus are not silly pairings that most harem falls into. For example, the central story of AIR is a rather tragic tales about a mother and her child, and only one pair of side character were romanticly linked (the main lead characters have a brother/sister relationship and never shown signs of sexual tensions at all). Clannad was actually not an h-game in that it had no h-content.

All I am saying is, give it a go - episode 4 of Clannad was hilariously funny, and all 4 episodes were beautifully animated.

Still, I take your point - this season has no Gurren Lagann and so automatically it's worst season in the year!

Oct 29, 2007 at 8:18 AM Post #1,630 of 6,444
MONSTER!!!

its right up there with the best of the best

Oct 29, 2007 at 1:35 PM Post #1,632 of 6,444
Oh cool! I've been looking for this thread
smily_headphones1.gif
Currently, I'm not watching anything. I just finished Claymore and am looking for something else to watch
smily_headphones1.gif
I have a massive list of recommendations, but it's hard to choose sometimes
frown.gif
I've only seen Bleach, Naruto, FMA, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, Escaflowne, Death Note, Claymore, and Hunter X Hunter. Maybe a couple more but I can't remember.

What do you guys think a good new anime for me would be (I liked all of those I've already seen). I've been recommended Blood + and it looks good.
biggrin.gif

Oct 29, 2007 at 2:17 PM Post #1,633 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by kpeezy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh cool! I've been looking for this thread
smily_headphones1.gif
Currently, I'm not watching anything. I just finished Claymore and am looking for something else to watch
smily_headphones1.gif
I have a massive list of recommendations, but it's hard to choose sometimes
frown.gif
I've only seen Bleach, Naruto, FMA, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, Escaflowne, Death Note, Claymore, and Hunter X Hunter. Maybe a couple more but I can't remember.

What do you guys think a good new anime for me would be (I liked all of those I've already seen). I've been recommended Blood + and it looks good.
biggrin.gif

Berserk, Rurouni Kenshin are both pretty good.
Wolf's Rain is great too if you liked Bebop/Escaflowne.
I don't really know much about the more recent anime, since I don't watch much anymore.

Maybe you'll like Monster too if you liked Death Note.

Oct 29, 2007 at 11:05 PM Post #1,635 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by Progenitor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kyoani's Key adaptation are not typical harem/datesim crap. You may argue that they are not the top tier anime (Kanon felt rather weak for me). However, their main focus are not silly pairings that most harem falls into. For example, the central story of AIR is a rather tragic tales about a mother and her child, and only one pair of side character were romanticly linked (the main lead characters have a brother/sister relationship and never shown signs of sexual tensions at all). Clannad was actually not an h-game in that it had no h-content.

All I am saying is, give it a go - episode 4 of Clannad was hilariously funny, and all 4 episodes were beautifully animated.

Still, I take your point - this season has no Gurren Lagann and so automatically it's worst season in the year!

Correct me if I am wrong, but the opening sequences with the mystery girl is probably a full-frame animation, or something close to that. Very aesthetically pleasing, if not remarkable. Clannad is about the meaning of the family, as its name suggests.

In my subjective view, Shana in fact is what most closely resembles what would be marked for "a harem setting". The drama element of the show is rather weak and flat IMO, not much happening other than Shana being new to the feeling of love and getting jelaous (oh, not again...). I wouldnt blame JC Staff for this mediocrity, as the novel itself was lacking in that area to begin with. BGMs used in the show are some of the worst I have heard as well.

The show has its strengths in interesting characters (tsundere appeals to many these days), Ito Noizi artwork, uber stacked seiyuu cast, sweet OP/ED songs and exceptional drawing quality as of the sequel. All this combined makes an outwardly charming facade, but I cant say I am a big fan of the show's handling of day to day activities of the protagonists. Very cliche and corny at times. The OVA left a bad taste in my mouth for its attempt at humor that failed to work.

So what makes h-game/gyaruge based shows inherently inferior or less classier than a poorly written and overachieving light novel? Utawarerumono is another game based anime you so love to hate, which has more and better "substance" than many other light novel anime adoptions. Another game I would love to see come out is December When There Is No Angel (Yukio route FTW!), though I realize there is bound to be a substantial amount of trouble if they ever decide to do it
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back