Antipodes Audio DX V3 music server roon core, one mans unofficial guide down the rabbit hole.
Dec 8, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #136 of 296
Made a mistake earlier checked the back of my warranty card, I have a DX 3

Dec 15, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #137 of 296
Ok had the opportunity to A/B de phase natural fake which i cd ripped and had converted a flac file from iTunes. Yes the quality of the signal path does reflect acuity and track enjoyment. However i don't think that will stop me from buying iTunes. Selection and affordability but will go through my cd collection. Either way DX has changed my enjoyment of music to an almost ethereal level.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #138 of 296
Been a month, still going through the library playing albums with a 0 besides the track, and it never gets boring, each time its exciting, what's this sound like..? maybe things have settled with the DX over this time, maybe not. It seems relaxed but then it always did. Rich and deep maybe added relaxed, i dunno. Pinpoint accuracy without any edge or volume tricks....well its all good on this front. Chowder folks if any DX owners have feedback or questions about the system, until then enjoy this thread.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2019 at 7:29 AM Post #139 of 296
Just was notified by the roon community that antipodes audio removed DX from its sight. Interesting development which I could speculate with no real inside info as to why? Kinda like guessing....new DX version comming? The old version diverting sales from rescent upgrades to cx and ex? Parts shortages? Or other? Well I have managed to communicate with some very pleased DX owners on other blogs who use hp or not, very happy they got one. If there are DX out there get em now, or investigate what’s up for DX future....

Feb 19, 2019 at 8:28 AM Post #140 of 296
according to a few DX owners from roon, DX has been discontinued. Sooo glad i got comped one before its termination. Its a beautiful thing, i mean plug in play, how easy, one box, fantastic sound. well I guess its all about CX and EX now with external rippers, Feel free if anyone wants to comment here on those, or start a new thread....DX 3 will be a mainstay on my desk for years to come and as I stated before, it took the upgraditus away for dacs or HP, a serious complement. Cheers

May 9, 2019 at 7:46 PM Post #141 of 296
Just a quick update, Im back to DSD 128. Finding it just gives a bit more detail without any low end umph loss. well at least after 100 of hours of listening. The 3d imaging of notes is apparent and no fatigue, relax sit back and enjoy. Golf season starting and i have taken this audio thing to its logical conclusion, hope others that come achieve the same.

Oct 15, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #142 of 296
been a while, working the library takes a while to go through 2000 albums but wanted to comment on the antipodes ripper. Frankly outstanding. really notice the improvement with it compared to iTunes. granted iTunes can be quite good as well, but cd,s man, nice acuity. If i could find new cd,s for 9.99 or less id collect those plastic discs again, but 1 is there cd's anymore and 2 do i really need more shelves for storage.
sticking with iTunes but man that ripper.

Nov 25, 2019 at 7:17 AM Post #144 of 296
Did you get a chance to compare DX3 to CX or EX in your rig?
I'm looking at getting an EX to feed a Hugo TT and maybe upgrade to CX+EX next year...
no I have not heard Cx or ex.... I have met owners of both here at LL. But I’m speculating why DX was discontinued and I bet it muddied the water at well who and what is the flagship here, considering both choices are expensive. My only advice is antipodes says Cx ex combo is better sq it is, just more dollars. It’s up to uou how to proceed. It would be good for new owners to chime in here, or create a new thread...

Nov 28, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #145 of 296
Unfortunately (or fortunately) I will be buying a Dave instead of keeping the TT and upgrading to the EX transport.
I just did a TT1 vs TT2 vs Dave on speakers at the local dealer and Dave blew me away when using speakers.
Dave isn't just a better TT2, it's in a class of its own...

Nov 28, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #146 of 296
No doubt but its almost 5 times what i paid for TT1 so no can do. the DX took my tt gsx mk2 up to a level that what i don't know, i won't care about, its just so sweet through hd800S. but enjoy dave.

Nov 28, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #147 of 296
I get that 100%
I love what TT1 does to music also and I'm pretty sure that changing the fanless NUC running Daphile and powered by an sbooster with some world class transport would make it a lot more sweeter. BUT, after hearing Dave I suddenly realised that This is THE Sound I'm looking for in music presentation. Effortless detail and depth and incredible timing and cohesion and 3d expansive organic soundstage. It was like nothing I heard before and there's no way I can ignore what I just experienced so my wallet is about to take a big hit :)

Jan 28, 2020 at 11:30 AM Post #148 of 296
Maximum PCM rate seems to provide a bit more depth. Spent a lot of time on DSD like the detail but depth wins for me.....

Feb 3, 2020 at 5:51 PM Post #149 of 296
Hey @Whazzzup . You seem to be the goto guy forAntipodes info. I was considering using it as an endpoint in Roon (Renderer I think). I would have my core on another machine. Does the EX have wifi or just ethernet (copper)? I would probably run Roon and HQPlayer and out usb to my TT or H2. I am doing this now with a NUC but the EX has got to be a much better usb out. Comments?

Feb 3, 2020 at 6:11 PM Post #150 of 296
Antipodes is a roon core server. you don’t use hq player, you can remote from anything like an iMac, Ipad, iphone, using roon remote. I don’t use windows nor know anything about windows players. Im a DX one box guy, don’t know ex or Cx. My suggestion is both are needed for max quality And at this level always go 4 it. there are a bunch of apps that work on antipodes. It’s ****ing fantastic through usb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back