Anti-Virus?
Aug 1, 2008 at 4:35 AM Post #16 of 40
I've heard great things about Kaspersky AV. All I can say is that I've tried it once and it messed up during installation. Had to use system restore to fix it
frown.gif
I've been using Avira AntiVir and so far its been just as good as many known AV programs.

Aug 1, 2008 at 4:22 PM Post #17 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by trains are bad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use Ubuntu. I've found it superior to all the other antiviruses, and it's free too.

X2!!!

Aug 1, 2008 at 4:28 PM Post #18 of 40
I have the full AVG never a single problem on vista 32 bit

Aug 3, 2008 at 1:05 AM Post #19 of 40
I had a copy of McAfee (ver 8.0 ?) It was one of those that schools provide. I used it for awhile, low key and all that, but not too long ago, my computer started acting funny. Long story short, it was infected with something that McAfee never caught. AVG is not bad, but it's not good as some others out there.

I've seen nod32 and Kaspersky recommended a lot. I tried nod32, it was nice and low key, but ended up getting Kaspersky since I got it for $20 at a sale. Both of those programs seemed to be quite unobtrusive when I used them, I do recall Kaspersky a long time ago and I had hated it as well, it was too bloated. I think the newer version(s) are lot less so.

I would download the trials of those and try them on your machine for a bit to see how they fare. Wouldn't hurt.

Aug 3, 2008 at 3:09 AM Post #20 of 40
Anti-Vir, higher detection ratings than most of the other free anti-viruses. Only thing is you have to setup the update download times and the scan intervals.

Aug 3, 2008 at 9:07 AM Post #21 of 40
I used to work in an office with 100+ folks. We installed different virus detectors on different sets of computers just so we could see how effective they were, and how easy to operate. AVAST! pro came tops. It is more than just a virus checker as well. I have been using it for years now and I am yet to find a virus that can get past it. I tried just about everything else under the sun, but ended up using Avast again.

Aug 3, 2008 at 3:04 PM Post #22 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by guyx1992 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey boys and girls :p
Since Sep 07' I have no anti-virus, recently I felt some bad performances.
What anti virus should I install?
Must work on Vista Ultimate 32bit!
Thanks

PCTools Anti-Spyware with Anti-Virus is the best AV tool on the market.
Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus - Best Protection. Free Trial Download

Aug 5, 2008 at 7:02 PM Post #23 of 40
Avira AntiVir should be the best one out of the freeware antivirus software. I use it.

Aug 10, 2008 at 8:26 AM Post #24 of 40
For me, there's only Kaspersky and the rest of 'em...

Aug 10, 2008 at 8:50 AM Post #25 of 40
Haven't had much experience with Kasp. so don't really have an opinion for it. Been a Nod32 user for a bit, quite simple, and doesn't seem to be a memory hog. Think I have the thing set to a slightly more lax set of security settings though, so it's not attempting to scan everything as much. I like Nod32 a lot, it seems to keep me well protected, and I don't really go randomly surfing to sites that that seem unfriendly/checking weird e-mails from ppl I don't know.

Occasionally I'll hit up Trend Micro's housecall-- this one's helped me through some troubles in the past. (Though recently...the thing seems to hang quite a bit/become unresponsive----and doesn't seem to like it if I walk away for a long time)

Aug 10, 2008 at 2:04 PM Post #27 of 40
Avira AntiVir user here.

I have used Avast and Nod32 in the past, and both were great as well. I've used others as well, but none else worth mentioning.

Aug 10, 2008 at 3:17 PM Post #28 of 40
avast! or antivir ftw (in free category). They trump all that i've tried (norton, mcafee, avg, and kaspersky). Currently use avast! and i'm not sure why. Either would tickle my fancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back