Answer: "One is never legitimate"
Jul 6, 2007 at 12:07 AM Post #31 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Then you'd be deaf and broke and maybe this wouldn't be the right forum for you
eek.gif

Those numbers are to make a point, they are not actual. But the friends that I've made are priceless.

A couple of years back I was able to buy (cycle as you say, is a better definition) nice equipment, but times have changed and in order to buy something, I have to sell something. Long gone, are the days of amassing equipment.

Mabe when the kids get out of "talentless rockstar school" (cause most musicians with talent don't make as much as the FOTM's), I can go back to a life of Riley (rather than Ralph Kramden).
icon10.gif

Extremely well said. For what it's worth, I'll contend that musicians with talent make far more than the lousy ones in the end. True, the talentless ones hit the jackpot more often, but they're also the ones playing nickel slots.

Amassing equipment isn't really my goal anyways. I'm a one can kind of guy, but i need to try every one to know which can that is. Here's to your Jackie Gleason days.

Jul 6, 2007 at 12:09 AM Post #32 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by arnoldsoccer4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I look at join date more than post count.

frown.gif
... cmon man... I've been here much longer than it says...

Jul 6, 2007 at 12:20 AM Post #33 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Then you'd be deaf and broke and maybe this wouldn't be the right forum for you
eek.gif

OMG!!!! Are you telling me that I have been wasting my time since 2002 here then...
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Jul 6, 2007 at 12:47 AM Post #35 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by wafflesomd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, I'm still dumb!

*I'm spamming cause this thread sucks BTW.

I already know your story, waffles. I found your high school, remember? Plenty of folks wanted to ride you out on a rail then, but you're still spamming. Your 700+ posts bring you no legitimacy.

Jul 6, 2007 at 12:50 AM Post #36 of 122
there is no set number, but it seems for the most part that people with more posts have also experienced/used more gear and thus are more knowledgeable or at least in a better position to make relevant and useful comments. generally then i think there is some correlation between posts and knowledge.

Jul 6, 2007 at 1:11 AM Post #38 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's about your profile, not your post count...... I wanna see an orpheus...then, and only then, will i bow down and worship your sig.

Agreed on profile (or sig). I don't necessarily care what anyone owns, but chances are usually good that if a member owns some decent gear he or she has heard a fair amount of gear getting to that point. A profile also tells me who shares my taste.

Post count is less of a factor than join date. I'm also usually very suspect of a high post count and a recent join date. Those are generally the people I ignore the most.

Jul 6, 2007 at 1:18 AM Post #39 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superpredator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agreed on profile (or sig). I don't necessarily care what anyone owns, but chances are usually good that if a member owns some decent gear he or she has heard a fair amount of gear getting to that point. A profile also tells me who shares my taste.

Post count is less of a factor than join date. I'm also usually very suspect of a high post count and a recent join date. Those are generally the people I ignore the most.

cmon now... I've been here longer, I swear!

Jul 6, 2007 at 1:21 AM Post #40 of 122
I agree with join date over post count (but of course I do though, as I only usually post a couple times/day, but I do spend a couple hours reading here each day). While it will take me a while to get up to the number of posts some of you guys have, I know that none (few?) of my posts will have been of the pointless, spamming, variety.

Jul 6, 2007 at 1:30 AM Post #41 of 122
Old saying from my days at teh [H]: "Post count means nothing"

Jul 6, 2007 at 2:27 AM Post #43 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by wafflesomd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, I'm still dumb!

*I'm spamming cause this thread sucks BTW.

OK, OK! In case you're trolling for a response, yes, we knew you were dumb. Now, log off...
wink.gif

For myself, somebody tell me if I am legitimate. Some time ago, I got PO'd on another audioforum, and left it forever, yelling and screaming at a certain Mod. No names, don't ask, it's so over. My whole time there was rant city. I feel more mellow now. Never mind what I said above to the wafflemeister.

BTW, if I gave full vent to some things I know about, here on Head-Fi, I would probably be banned, but I hold back, as I did on the 2012 thread.

Laz

Jul 6, 2007 at 2:33 AM Post #44 of 122
You can become legitimate any time from your 1st post to your 1,000,000th post, depending on when you begin posting about something (anything) in an intelligent, well reasoned, interesting, and respectful manner.

Jul 6, 2007 at 2:46 AM Post #45 of 122
Not sure what you mean by saying "legitimacy".
I think you already are legitimate once you joined here at this site, and will stay legitimate as long as you're not making any harm that can kick you out of this place. If what you meant is being popular or being influential, that's a different stroy though.

I recognize few members (even if they do not aware of that) for they gave me some informations, greetings, favors or fingers. But that does not necessarily means they are more special than other members.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back