Another vancouver meet?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 13, 2006 at 4:13 PM Post #16 of 102
Yes, it will happen. I will go about asking today how I find out about borrowing a room. I may even be able to "borrow" a room in my Department; the problem then is getting people into the building on the weekend - but I'll see what I can figure out.

Jun 13, 2006 at 7:28 PM Post #17 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutz
Yes, it will happen. I will go about asking today how I find out about borrowing a room. I may even be able to "borrow" a room in my Department; the problem then is getting people into the building on the weekend - but I'll see what I can figure out.

Which building are you in? Just curious.

Jun 13, 2006 at 7:42 PM Post #19 of 102
Quote:

Biosciences.

Cool. I've been there myself a few times to bum some Xenopus oocytes from unsuspecting grad students
biggrin.gif

Jun 13, 2006 at 9:12 PM Post #21 of 102
I'm in during the summer as long as I can make the time for it. I may be selling some gear soon to upgrade, but quality over quantity is definitely most important, right?

I'll keep watching this thread...just let me know if there are any specifics not covered here.

Jun 13, 2006 at 9:28 PM Post #22 of 102
Quote:

Which department are you in? I'm presuming you too are a grad student, or maybe a postdoc?

I'm in physics. Playing with oocytes was a co-op stint where I helped out the physiology department experiment with some new techniques.

Actually I still have the keycard to Life Science Center. Just no way to book a room
eek.gif

Jun 13, 2006 at 9:32 PM Post #23 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by eVITAERC
I'm in physics. Playing with oocytes was a co-op stint where I helped out the physiology department experiment with some new techniques.

Actually I still have the keycard to Life Science Center. Just no way to book a room
eek.gif

Grad student, or undergrad?

I don't have a keycard to LSC. I don't think that they will let us book a room on the weekends though - they're very picky about security. A lot of stuff used to get stolen on weekends out of the Biosciences building.

Jun 14, 2006 at 12:21 AM Post #24 of 102
Quote:

Grad student, or undergrad?

I don't have a keycard to LSC. I don't think that they will let us book a room on the weekends though - they're very picky about security. A lot of stuff used to get stolen on weekends out of the Biosciences building.

I'm in my 4th year of undergrad.

The LSC is crazy expensive on the weekends because we'd have to pay for the security guards to come in as well. Not really worth it IMO.

Actually now that I think about it any UBC building on the weekend is not good cause you'd need to pay for people to come open the door. You might find out otherwise when you ask though.

Jun 16, 2006 at 4:35 PM Post #25 of 102
Why not host it at somebody's house? My house is always open, but Coquitlam might be out of the way for some.

What happened to the UBC Library study room idea?

Jun 18, 2006 at 6:18 AM Post #26 of 102
Hey wow I'd be so interested in this.

Where would you be getting the room Clutz?

I'm currently taking summer courses in UBC right now, until July 28th. Should be pretty easy for me to book a room in the library. It's pretty big too, should be able to fit about 10-15 people no problem. Sound is enclosed so no need to worry about that.

Jun 19, 2006 at 12:28 AM Post #27 of 102
I prefer going to someone's house and I have no problems going out to Coquitlam... that's my 2 cents

Jun 19, 2006 at 6:30 PM Post #29 of 102
I live in Port Moody, so Coquitlam is all good for me. I'm actually down for travelling anywhere since i've never been to a headphone meet. Should be fun for all of us. I'll be bringing my Senn HD212's and Altec im716's. Maybe i'll even bring my cmoy with the broken opamp, and i can switch out with someone's other opamp to hear what it sounds like. I burned out the opamp with a soldering iron before i got to hear what it sounded like.

Jun 19, 2006 at 7:57 PM Post #30 of 102
did you socket the opamp? If so, I may even have a few OPA2134 or 2132s I could donate to the cause.

Anyway, I'm going to be gone for over a week in New York, which will make it somewhat difficult for me to make any arrangements, so if there is someone else who is willing to - that would probably get things moving along faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back