Another Seattle (mini-)meet?
Aug 13, 2003 at 7:23 AM Post #16 of 120
i guess i could probably do a sweep and pick these two up from seattle .. itll be after 3pm .. i get off work then ....

Aug 13, 2003 at 7:24 AM Post #17 of 120
We'll see what time zzz is thinking and arrange accordingly. My friend works near UW so it's not too bad to get to Seattle Center.

fewtch: depending on what time PPL and binary_digit are thinking of coming then they could pick you up. They are in Maple Valley so in your neck of the woods (Renton I believe you have listed). Afterwards, I can always drive people home. Not like I got work to wake up to for Friday. I'll go check with Metro KCs site and figure out the bus. It shouldn't be hard to figure it out but I'm not sure how spotty they are around that time.

Sorry to disappoint but the only **** that I have are audio, bike, fountain pen and watch magazines. And frankly, it's easier to get girls than those things.
frown.gif

Aug 13, 2003 at 7:41 AM Post #18 of 120
Quote:

Originally posted by Wilson M.
fewtch: depending on what time PPL and binary_digit are thinking of coming then they could pick you up. They are in Maple Valley so in your neck of the woods (Renton I believe you have listed). Afterwards, I can always drive people home. Not like I got work to wake up to for Friday. I'll go check with Metro KCs site and figure out the bus. It shouldn't be hard to figure it out but I'm not sure how spotty they are around that time.

That would be really cool... I'm just N. of Renton and S. of Bellevue (Newcastle) on Coal Creek Parkway, about 1/2 mile from Lake Boren Park and very easy to find. Anyone who would be willing to help out with rides, greatly appreciated (and I'm happy to chip in for gas money as well).

Always fun to meet new people (I'm out of work as well and rather disconnected except for the Net) and get the chance to hear equipment I might never have a chance to otherwise...

Aug 13, 2003 at 8:01 AM Post #19 of 120
Heh... well if you don't mind earlier then I could always swing by and pick you and Eric up at the same time. I have some friends who live near where you are at so it's not too far for me. And don't worry about gas. It beats driving to Maple Valley.
tongue.gif

Hmmm.. out of work and disconnected except for the Net. Boy, story of my life right now.

Aug 13, 2003 at 8:17 AM Post #20 of 120
Quote:

Heh... well if you don't mind earlier then I could always swing by and pick you and Eric up at the same time. I have some friends who live near where you are at so it's not too far for me. And don't worry about gas. It beats driving to Maple Valley.
tongue.gif

Hmmm.. out of work and disconnected except for the Net. Boy, story of my life right now.

280smile.gif

OK, will keep an eye on the thread... if it ends up 'going down' next Thursday (21st?), will drop you a PM and could meet you at the QFC store by the intersection around here (there's a Safeway shopping center on the right and a QFC on the left if you're headed south on Coal Creek Pkwy).

I should have my full complement of Denon cans by then (AH-D950, 750, 550 and 210's... could be interesting to compare, even if the first two amount to a post-mortem as far as availability).

Aug 13, 2003 at 8:28 AM Post #21 of 120
ahhh ... nothin like listenin to dead can dance in the middle of the frickin night ... and i gotta go work be work at 4am ..bleh ... me likey music...

Aug 13, 2003 at 9:08 AM Post #22 of 120
Fewtch: is that shopping centre right off the highway? I can see a QFC on my right when I'm headed northbound on 405.

Well, if all that happens with these meets is that I introduce you guys to some culture then it'll be worth it.

(No it's not all classical. I'm not quite as geeky as Eric.)

Aug 13, 2003 at 9:21 AM Post #23 of 120
Quote:

Fewtch: is that shopping centre right off the highway? I can see a QFC on my right when I'm headed northbound on 405.

Well, if all that happens with these meets is that I introduce you guys to some culture then it'll be worth it.

(No it's not all classical. I'm not quite as geeky as Eric.)

It's a ways south on Coal Creek Parkway (maybe 4-5 miles from the freeway, south of Factoria). If you get off at the Coal Creek Pkwy exit off 405 and head south for awhile without any detours... well, I can drop you a PM, it's pretty easy to find... just a bit of a drive.

Hey, I'm always interested in culture... however it may present itself. I'm especially interested in fine analog playback -- the best I've heard is my own Thorens TD-160 setup, and I'm aware there's a lot better out there. If you have a good speaker system I'll be delighted no matter what... haven't heard anything decent since the 1970's! (maybe never, depending on how one defines 'decent').

Edit -- afaic, if I just end up meeting some interesting people it would be worth it. To me, the PNW is famous for people who fit into no predefined categories ('cultured' or otherwise) -- one thing I truly love about the area! That said, please invite both Hilary Swank and Ashley Judd to attend... if either agree then fluck the ride, I'll jog on up there...
280smile.gif

Aug 13, 2003 at 11:16 AM Post #24 of 120
aye definitely bring ashley judd ..... tsss hot.. dunno what your referring to but i agree on just that one thing.

Aug 13, 2003 at 12:42 PM Post #25 of 120
PPL and myself only need a date and time. We will make the time to be there. Thanks for the chance at the table Wilson M. I would be able to pick up anyone in my direction of travel. Just let me know where you are in PM and I'll check for route.

B_D

Aug 13, 2003 at 4:29 PM Post #26 of 120
fewtch: no problem, I think I know which one you're talking about now. It was late and I was confused (more so than usual).

Yeah, I heard a Simon Yorke S7 before Christmas. I was set to order one but I found out that we'd be losing our jobs so I went with the Aries 2 at less than half the money.

Sorry but I don't know that many gorgeous and famous women. I'm a software engineer by trade and one does not encounter a lot of women in the first place.
tongue.gif

B_D: It looks like we are shooting for next Thursday (21st). Most probably will be arriving around 7pm but it looks like I'll be picking up fewtch and eric343 earlier (3 to 5 pm). You are welcome to come over earlier to avoid traffic as well. It'll probably be easier to listen to the speaker system with fewer people around. I'll send you a PM with directions. It's just off of 520 and literally next door to Microsoft.

Aug 13, 2003 at 5:34 PM Post #27 of 120
You want me to bring DSOTM on vinyl, too?

This is shaping up to be one hell of a meet. Let's just hope the weather's right for Omega2s...
biggrin.gif

Aug 13, 2003 at 5:36 PM Post #28 of 120
Quote:

Sorry to disappoint but the only **** that I have are audio, bike, fountain pen and watch magazines.

Hey, those count, depending on how much of an audio/bike/pen/watch-phile you are...
tongue.gif

Aug 13, 2003 at 6:12 PM Post #30 of 120
anyone have an sacd or dvd-a player ... all this talk of vinyl ... i wonder if anyone has listened to these new formats ... the SACD DSOTM is supposed to amazing from ive heard on the boards ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back