Another Koss ProDJ100 question.
May 3, 2014 at 1:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

KlarkKentThe3rd

100+ Head-Fier
I've been thinking of buying a set of headphones that I could also use outside, something cheap and sturdy enough to not be afraid of breaking the delicate beauties. But I also want something with clear, detailed, and somewhat neutral sound, because reasons; something close to AKG K240 S (which I love oh so very much).

After looking through a... LOT of poopy headphones, I ended up with a narrow selection. Out of that selection, the most promising seem to be Koss ProDJ100. However, I have been burned by too many pairs breaking after 1 year of use, because of the cable design (fragile and non-detachable). I know that Koss provides lifetime guarantee on that, but I just don't want to deal with it anymore. DJ200 have a replaceable cable, but they are a bit too pricy right now, after just having spent 80$ on what I have now.

So, that brings me to this question: is DJ100 the same model as the Tony Bennett limited edition? Because the latter does have a detachable cable, and that is a super awesome thing. Can someone knowledgeable tell me if the two above models have identical drivers?

P.S. Please don't tell me PortaPros sound better.

May 3, 2014 at 2:20 AM Post #2 of 6
All three models (ProDJ100, TBSE1, ProDJ200) use the same drivers. The case can hold the headphones with M50 pads on too, but not all pads because some are thicker.

Regarding the sound, this point might be worth considering. In any case, I think you'll be interested in that thread.

May 3, 2014 at 2:38 AM Post #3 of 6
  All three models (ProDJ100, TBSE1, ProDJ200) use the same drivers. The case can hold the headphones with M50 pads on too, but not all pads because some are thicker.

Regarding the sound, this point might be worth considering. In any case, I think you'll be interested in that thread.

Great! If no one beats me to it...........

So, I can use the pads from M50x/M40x as well?

May 3, 2014 at 2:46 AM Post #4 of 6
  Great! If no one beats me to it...........

So, I can use the pads from M50x/M40x as well?

I'm pretty sure, but I don't think the "x" pads are being sold separately yet--as least I couldn't find them. If you do, please let me know. You can buy the regular M50 pads at Sweetwater.

May 3, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #5 of 6
I had a dream last night. I got my pair of ProDJs, and was about to change to the M50 pads. But when I removed the original pad, there was no speaker.

... a headphone enthusiast's nightmare?

May 3, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #6 of 6
The plain interpretation is that you're concerned they won't be what you hope once you get to know them a little, that they won't be so good as your K240. Perfectly reasonable concerns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back