Another excellent NY meet..........
Sep 15, 2005 at 12:49 AM Post #286 of 292
Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons
Yes the HEV90 has a internal dac, a little outdated as it was made in the early 90s, it has coax, & optical inputs,doesn't sound to bad though,listened to it with the Theta basic feeding it when I first got it.

Jimmy I am listening to the amp now & it is dead quite,I just rotated the volume control comlpletely quite,listening to Leonard Bernsteins West side Story with The HE90s sounds really good.
I do have a differant tube compliment in the amp now then ones that was in the amp at the meet Mullard EL34s/12ax7 sylvainias as oppossed to the GE fatboy EL34 /12at7 combo that was at the meet. But I still had the problem even with the new tubes untill I flipped the switch on the phillips.
I will have to put the HEV90 back in the system & flip the switch to see if the HEV 90 has any problems.It could have been the switch got flipped when I packed up the phillips at the end of the meet,I dunno.
All I can say now is the singlepower amp is singing & is dead quite I am a happy camper right now listening to it.
biggrin.gif

Tom...let me help you out. It is obvious you have to much equipment. It must be a real burden. I am sympathetic and am available to help you pack up Your HEV90 and those multitude OLD tubes that you cannot seem to settle down with a favorite one.
Let me lift your heavy burden...................
Dan

Sep 15, 2005 at 2:10 AM Post #287 of 292
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
True dat!

It's just that it irks me to pay 4 bucks for the shipping on such a little item. In the grand scheme of Head-Fi-dom, though...

I say we take up a collection for Jimmy after all he's done for us. If we all put in our $0.02 we can have the money in no time. After all, we're all used to doing that anyway.

Sep 15, 2005 at 3:20 AM Post #288 of 292
Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyandelyse
Tom...let me help you out. It is obvious you have to much equipment. It must be a real burden. I am sympathetic and am available to help you pack up Your HEV90 and those multitude OLD tubes that you cannot seem to settle down with a favorite one.
Let me lift your heavy burden...................
Dan

Dan

Let Me think about it.

NAH
tongue.gif

Sep 15, 2005 at 1:23 PM Post #291 of 292
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens
Hi Guys,

Just wanted you to know I’ve posted my wrap up on my thread.

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showp...&postcount=148

Thanks for having me. I hope we can do it again sometime!

Cheers!

We will see you at the National Meet
icon10.gif

Sep 15, 2005 at 1:46 PM Post #292 of 292
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
HAHAH im on there twice...

Yeah, somehow I just thought your nametag on there was a nice, random touch to the look of the table. I actually thought of replacing it with one of the nice nametags I got at the LA meet, but I just couldn't loose the authenticity of yours. And I didn't want to stick out in that croud; it's just too cool the way it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back