another canal: "new Sennheiser IE4 in-ear-monitor"
Feb 17, 2005 at 7:22 PM Post #16 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Talonz
The pictures have been digitally modified (and not professionally either).

Just my $.02

wow you must be a digital manipulation-expert!!! of course there are jpeg-artefacts, i had to compress them down to 0-quality in photoshop to get them under 25kb each for attaching them on this site.

now i put the original source online, you can find it here and judge if i photoshopped it...

http://homepage.boku.ac.at/h9526506/temp/senn/ie4.html

Feb 17, 2005 at 7:52 PM Post #17 of 56
dude you totally just created that website for your photoshopped pictures. why are you lying to us? Do you work for sennheiser? OR perhaps future sonics??? I'm not going to give you my credit card number.

Feb 17, 2005 at 8:02 PM Post #18 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmmmmm
dude you totally just created that website for your photoshopped pictures. why are you lying to us? Do you work for sennheiser? OR perhaps future sonics??? I'm not going to give you my credit card number.

are you all kidding guys? or are you really that stupid?
man, how can you accuse me for having manipulated anything? i can forward you the original email i got from sennheiser today with this page that was actually a word-document, i only made a HTML-document of it to be able to put it online!

i never wanted to sell you anything or asked for your credit-card! how dare you?!

but now i understand how all your system works over there... all based on stupid rumors and accusations with innocent people being electrocuted...

Feb 17, 2005 at 8:08 PM Post #19 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by DigDub
a md33 without the 4-pole plug! i'd be the first to get it if i ever see one. look like senn made a very wise choice in choosing the md33 as their oem. this thing is gonna sell like hotcakes, given the reputation of the md33 around here. mass availability won't hurt either.
eek.gif

Not if they're $200, they won't. I can live with the adapter and neck-chain cord if I've gotta pay $200 to get rid of it. >.>;

Feb 17, 2005 at 8:18 PM Post #20 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by oluv
but now i understand how all your system works over there... all based on stupid rumors and accusations with innocent people being electrocuted...

you were the one who started the rumor. and i don't think anyone was electrocuted, what with the internet being low amperage, and all.

Feb 17, 2005 at 8:30 PM Post #21 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
you were the one who started the rumor. and i don't think anyone was electrocuted, what with the internet being low amperage, and all.

I also though the common practice here was stoning with Ety silicone triflanges.
wink.gif
Those phones look interesting nonetheless.

Feb 17, 2005 at 8:37 PM Post #22 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks

it was never a rumor. it was actually an information i got from austria's sennheiser distributor. the rumor started as all the cool guys were claiming the information to be faked and manipulated, which simply isn't true, because this was first-hand information i got from sennheiser. and i never wanted to start any rumor, but share the information i got with others.

it all began when i was trying to find a IE3 at a store near my town and the seller told me that the IE3 isn't produced anymore but there should be a new model coming out soon, so i emailed the distributor directly and got a response with exactly this information today morning which i tried to share...

but now i am accused of having manipulated images etc and having created my own website...

this is really stupid! i only thought maybe others could be interested too.
a funny side-effect is, that the new IE4 is actually looking exactly the same as the sharp MD33s which i didn't recognize at the beginning, because i don't own one... but if it is really a copy of a MD33s or a rebranded MD33s has to be seen...

Feb 17, 2005 at 8:38 PM Post #23 of 56
Are you kidding me? As a musician, MD33's style buds have nowhere near as much "stay put" power as e2c's. If you wrap them over your ear to try to eliminate the terrible microphonics, the slightest tug breaks the seal. They also distort at loud volumes much more so than e2c's. I dont see the point. And as for isolation...pphhhbbt i say, pphhhhbbt.

As for the pictures being photoshopped, the most conclusive evidence is on the picture with the coiled up cable, the wires leading from the buds to the coil have no light gradients, while the rest of the cord clearly does.

Feb 17, 2005 at 8:49 PM Post #24 of 56
Quote:

it was never a rumor. it was actually an information i got from austria's sennheiser distributor.

sorry, but it's a rumor. we have no way of knowing who you are, whether that's actually from the distributor, whether the distributor is telling the truth, or anything. all we have is a purported email and some low resolution photographs. that is a classic rumor. it doesn't mean that it's not true, but it certainly doesn't mean we have to take it at face value.

Feb 17, 2005 at 8:54 PM Post #25 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmmmmm

I really hope that you choke...

I already received the original mail from oluv and there is not even the slightest sign of photoshop manipulation! it's rather common to compress images when you upload them to a message board like this, isn't it, mr. expert?

what a ridicolous accusation... and the remark with the credit card just kept me shacking my head...

EDIT: just saw that oluv put the original ones on... well, take a look!

Feb 17, 2005 at 8:54 PM Post #26 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by UserNotFound
Are you kidding me? As a musician, MD33's style buds have nowhere near as much "stay put" power as e2c's. If you wrap them over your ear to try to eliminate the terrible microphonics, the slightest tug breaks the seal. They also distort at loud volumes much more so than e2c's. I dont see the point. And as for isolation...pphhhbbt i say, pphhhhbbt.

But at least they don't sound like mud like the E2s do...
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 17, 2005 at 10:06 PM Post #27 of 56
Quote:

are you all kidding guys? or are you really that stupid?
man, how can you accuse me for having manipulated anything? i can forward you the original email i got from sennheiser today with this page that was actually a word-document, i only made a HTML-document of it to be able to put it online!

i never wanted to sell you anything or asked for your credit-card! how dare you?!

lol. relax, i was joking. just giving you a hard time because people seemed to not believe you. i thought the credit card comment would make that evident. and obviously you didn't just create the whole website for that one page.
as i said in my first post, if it's coming out, i'm excited; hope i can afford it.

rolleyes.gif

Feb 17, 2005 at 10:09 PM Post #28 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by loco26
I really hope that you choke...

I already received the original mail from oluv and there is not even the slightest sign of photoshop manipulation! it's rather common to compress images when you upload them to a message board like this, isn't it, mr. expert?

what a ridicolous accusation... and the remark with the credit card just kept me shacking my head...

EDIT: just saw that oluv put the original ones on... well, take a look!

lol

Feb 17, 2005 at 10:14 PM Post #29 of 56
If you search around head-fi, you'll notice other reports of new Sennheiser portables coming out soon, so this rumor fits in well with those rumors. If Sennheiser if revamping their portable line-up, then why not add a pair of these in as well? I don't know if it's true or not, but the odds are in the favor of the rumor so far.
wink.gif

Mean people suck.
rolleyes.gif

Feb 17, 2005 at 10:21 PM Post #30 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeriyn
But at least they don't sound like mud like the E2s do...
smily_headphones1.gif

Regardless of sound, would rather have a headphone that stays in my ear for $60 than one that doesn't for $200. You can make the comparison between the e3c(still cheaper than the "ie4"), but i dont have them nor have i heard them, so i didn't make that comparison.

edit: to compare apples to apples the msrp of e2c is $120 in comparison to the predicted msrp of $200. But who's gonna sell the ie4 at a 50% discout from that price any time soon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back