another canal: "new Sennheiser IE4 in-ear-monitor"
Feb 17, 2005 at 11:06 PM Post #31 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by UserNotFound
Regardless of sound, would rather have a headphone that stays in my ear for $60 than one that doesn't for $200

where did you find that? in fact THIS is rumor! the headphone isn't even out yet and you already state a price now!

the IE3 cost about 100$, why should the IE4 cost double?

i don't really think the IE4 is something like a "higher" model, i would rather say it is meant as replacement for the IE3... but time will show.

Feb 17, 2005 at 11:19 PM Post #32 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by oluv
where did you find that? in fact THIS is rumor! the headphone isn't even out yet and you already state a price now!

the IE3 cost about 100$, why should the IE4 cost double?

i don't really think the IE4 is something like a "higher" model, i would rather say it is meant as replacement for the IE3... but time will show.

the ie3 has an MSRP of $235.

Feb 18, 2005 at 12:28 AM Post #34 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by oluv
it was never a rumor. it was actually an information i got from austria's sennheiser distributor. the rumor started as all the cool guys were claiming the information to be faked and manipulated, which simply isn't true, because this was first-hand information i got from sennheiser. and i never wanted to start any rumor, but share the information i got with others.

it all began when i was trying to find a IE3 at a store near my town and the seller told me that the IE3 isn't produced anymore but there should be a new model coming out soon, so i emailed the distributor directly and got a response with exactly this information today morning which i tried to share...

but now i am accused of having manipulated images etc and having created my own website...

this is really stupid! i only thought maybe others could be interested too.
a funny side-effect is, that the new IE4 is actually looking exactly the same as the sharp MD33s which i didn't recognize at the beginning, because i don't own one... but if it is really a copy of a MD33s or a rebranded MD33s has to be seen...

My apologies oluv, my post wasn't meant to discredit you. I was just noting that the photos were digitally manipulated. This could imply many things. Unfortunately, there are people who will create such rumors just to get attention. Skepticism is just something that's become second nature for anyone who uses the internet.

I just took another look at the site, and of course, your story is straight. The html code says that it was converted from Word. Don't take any of this personally, the information is greatly appreciated
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 18, 2005 at 12:35 AM Post #36 of 56
the first 2 sites that google showed searchign for "sennheiser ie3" came up with $235 and $213. I figured their replacement would be about the same....sorry.

Feb 18, 2005 at 12:36 AM Post #37 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by patman657
Your "original source", when the end of the URL is stripped, leaves one with this link: http://homepage.boku.ac.at/h9526506/. , which for some crazy reason takes you to "O Luv's Room". If you are going to fake a source, you might as well do a better job of covering it up.

That's his website, if you read the thread, he converted the word document and generously posted it on his webspace for us to read.

Feb 18, 2005 at 12:37 AM Post #38 of 56
Just read it, Talonz. That's what I get for jumping to conclusions.

Feb 18, 2005 at 1:44 AM Post #39 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmmmmm
lol. relax, i was joking. just giving you a hard time because people seemed to not believe you. i thought the credit card comment would make that evident. and obviously you didn't just create the whole website for that one page.
as i said in my first post, if it's coming out, i'm excited; hope i can afford it.

rolleyes.gif

One thing I've learned online, you can make the most obvious joke, and some person will miss it and accuse you of being serious. Or, sadly, two people here, despite your amusing credit card comment.

Feb 18, 2005 at 1:49 AM Post #40 of 56
Quote:

dude you totally just created that website for your photoshopped pictures. why are you lying to us? Do you work for sennheiser? OR perhaps future sonics??? I'm not going to give you my credit card number.

Moron alert.

Feb 18, 2005 at 1:51 AM Post #41 of 56
Quote:

lol. relax, i was joking. just giving you a hard time because people seemed to not believe you. i thought the credit card comment would make that evident. and obviously you didn't just create the whole website for that one page.
as i said in my first post, if it's coming out, i'm excited; hope i can afford it.

rolleyes.gif

Oh. Thinly veiled sarcasm. My apologies.

Feb 18, 2005 at 3:08 AM Post #42 of 56
Quote:

rolleyes.gif

That was an inappropriate joke when we all are excited about the new earphone

Feb 18, 2005 at 3:43 AM Post #43 of 56
so we are all excited over the ie4 now and rightly so.
biggrin.gif
as for the md33 vs e2c comparison, i pretty much prefer the md33 over the e2c. the e2c sounds muddy, poor top end, and 'tunnel'. md33 is quite highly regarded here for its sonic capabilities.

back to the ie4, if those pictures are real, it is an exact copy of the md33, down to the plug used, except for the one piece long cable. look at the rubber sleeves. the ones that panasonic and sony uses for their canalphones are higher off the buds and leaves a gap between the sleeves and the bud body. the sharp sleeves are a bit different as there are no gaps between the sleeves and the bud body.

and also, the picture posted seems like there is some sort of foam underneath the metal grille, a similar mod i did on my md33 to make the sound less 'boxy'. if the ie4 does have the foam underneath the grilles, then we can be quite sure that sennheiser monitors this forum.
wink.gif

Feb 18, 2005 at 1:38 PM Post #44 of 56
i just wrote the "source" from where i got all this information and asked what he has to say about the similarities to the MD33s and i am really curious about his answer... i will post as soon as i know something new!

Feb 18, 2005 at 2:07 PM Post #45 of 56
What is it with no-one being able to 'play' nicely anymore??

Sheesh.

Please... keep this (and other) threads civil... no need for flames... if it gets to that point, if you feel that agrieved at someone elses post... rather than retorting... go outside and breathe deeply for about five minutes...

...Chill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back