Another "Best headphone for Metal "
Aug 15, 2012 at 6:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Nargaroth

New Head-Fier
Hey guys i looked through a couple of forum but didn't find the answers i was looking for , so here it is .

I'm looking for new headphone (over the air , i never had a pair but i want to try (Can't use In-Air Earbuds ( Inconfortable + OCD)  ) since my  Mx370 died (Left side not working since the wire have been twisted too much (i put them in my pockets a lots )

Anyway i listen to Metal (Black / Death / Melodic Death / DSBM / Ambient ) I know there won't be a pair of headphone that will be perfect for all theses genre but i'm looking for simply a good set of headphone (Can't be hard to beat theses 370)

My budget is around 140-180$ US before taxes / Shipping (But I live in Canada)

I might need a amp too (50$ less ) If i base myself on that guy : ((Headphone Amplifiers) section "Why no mention of portable headphone amps?"  http://www.overclock.net/t/1014902/ocns-most-recommended-audio-products

Quote:
"However, there is one reason to get a portable headphone amp. Some portable devices, such as the Samsung Galaxy S2, have a very high output impedance at the headphone jack."

I'm actually using my Samsung galaxy S2 as my music player .

I Don't know a lots about headphone so I hope you guys can guide me .
Finally : Just a quick question ; I know black metal recording aren't the best but for some Death / Melodic Death Metal would the FLAC version worth it over the 320kpbs with a good pair of headphone ?

Thanks !
My apolagies for the broken English , its my second language and I'm kinda tired )
(Here a list of band i listen frequently if that can help )

Arditi / Behemoth / Belphegor / Burzum / Coldworld /
Demonaz / Devian / Dimmu Borgir / Dissection / Enslaved
Finntroll / Gorgoroth / Hammerfall / Hypocrisy / Insomnium
Lifelover / Marduk / Naglfar / Nargaroth (huh huh) /October Tide
Pain / Peste Noire / Silencer / Soilwork / Sterbend / Stormlord
Taake / Vreid / Wigrid / Windir / Xasthur

Aug 15, 2012 at 8:18 AM Post #2 of 25
Hi there. Black metal (and mamy other forms of metal is often mixed with relatively quiet bass so my recommendation would be a bassy headphone like the Audio Technica ATH-M50, M-AUDIO Q40 or Beyerdynamic DT770 pro

Aug 15, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #3 of 25
Quote:
Hi there. Black metal (and mamy other forms of metal is often mixed with relatively quiet bass so my recommendation would be a bassy headphone like the Audio Technica ATH-M50, M-AUDIO Q40 or Beyerdynamic DT770 pro

Thanks for the reply  , any tips on the portable amp ?

I'm looking for good bass but i don't want it to "override"(I can't find a better term) the other sound , atm i'm inclined toward the ATH-M50 but i'd like to hear more opinions

Aug 16, 2012 at 5:47 AM Post #7 of 25
Quote:
Well, the M50's sound good enough without an amp. 

But yes, IMHO the E6 is worth the extra $8.

Yeah but my Samsung Galaxy S2 has (from what i read ) a very high output impedance , therefore they recommand a ampli ..

But since i'm not really into the whole audio term , could someone simplify this for me ? :p

Aug 16, 2012 at 5:58 AM Post #8 of 25
V-MODA M 80 or wait for the M100 (Sept) to gauge its value

Phillips uptown

+1 DT770 and M50s

Wait for it...

ULTRASONE HFI 580/780 or PRO 750

:)))

Cheerz!

Aug 16, 2012 at 7:19 AM Post #9 of 25
Quote:
Yeah but my Samsung Galaxy S2 has (from what i read ) a very high output impedance , therefore they recommand a ampli ..

But since i'm not really into the whole audio term , could someone simplify this for me ? :p

If you use the G:S2 then get download/buy poweramp software, makes a big difference to audio quality and volume.

I mainly listen to metal and enjoy my current headphones:

Alessandro MS2
Magnum v4
AD900
Brainwavz B2 IEM

B2 sounds really good out of the galaxy. Maybe the Alessandro MS1 is a good place to start.

Aug 16, 2012 at 8:16 AM Post #10 of 25
Quote:

If you use the G:S2 then get download/buy poweramp software, makes a big difference to audio quality and volume.

I mainly listen to metal and enjoy my current headphones:

Alessandro MS2
Magnum v4
AD900
Brainwavz B2 IEM

B2 sounds really good out of the galaxy. Maybe the Alessandro MS1 is a good place to start.

I already have Poweramp , but i don't know enough in audio to tweet the setting , ill need to read a couple of wiki or something ahah i think ill settle for the ATH-M50 specially since soundproffesional sell a custom version of them with detachable wire !

Aug 16, 2012 at 8:39 AM Post #11 of 25
Hi, do you need isolation from external noises? Are you going to be using these headphones outside?
If you are not using these headphones outside definitely get Alessandro MS1, they will blow your mind with metal music.

Aug 16, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #14 of 25
Well , for black metal you can think two ways : you want a cold , razor sharp sound , with airy sound like a northern blizzard i would go to AKG K271 Mk² , yes it's quiet on bass , but i don't think that BM realy neads a lot of bass , it's most on mediums on highs ... 

if you want something that remain a bit cold and airy but with more bass i vote DT-770 Pro . If you want a warmer can , hey it's black metal not "dumb us death metal " that only use first guitar cord (just joking ) .
evil_smiley.gif

For outside you need a closed can ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back