Another ATH-M50 thread...
Apr 16, 2010 at 5:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Doorbell

100+ Head-Fier
Well I got my m50's in today. They sound great! I love them, but the only thing is that the cord is way too long so I tied them with twist two twist ties

IMG00019-20100415-1804.jpg

Will having them rapped up like this mess up the cord? If so, how else should I have them rapped up?

Apr 16, 2010 at 6:01 AM Post #2 of 13
Apr 16, 2010 at 6:11 AM Post #4 of 13
your welcome. to be honest, there was a better video link here in head-fi which showed the technique (over under) better but just cant find it. as long as you take care of it and make large enough loops I dont think it should be a problesm. what you have in the picture seems fine to me. but maybe others can chime in an give you better tips.

Apr 16, 2010 at 6:58 AM Post #5 of 13
hum... you should have ordered the version with coiled cords...

but to answer your question, no you won't damage anything that way. I actually like phones with long cords because I can still walk around even when I have it plugged into an amp.

Apr 16, 2010 at 7:09 AM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by choka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hum... you should have ordered the version with coiled cords...

but to answer your question, no you won't damage anything that way. I actually like phones with long cords because I can still walk around even when I have it plugged into an amp.

Actually I did order the coiled ones from amazon but they sent me these. It's cool, i'm just grateful to have good headphones. I'm listening to The Slider by T.Rex and there is so many sounds and riffs i've never noticed before! It's amazing.

Apr 16, 2010 at 7:17 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Doorbell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually I did order the coiled ones from amazon but they sent me these. It's cool, i'm just grateful to have good headphones. I'm listening to The Slider by T.Rex and there is so many sounds and riffs i've never noticed before! It's amazing.

the ARE amazing for the price. congrats on your purchase. Enjoy!
atsmile.gif

Apr 16, 2010 at 7:23 AM Post #8 of 13
I use four velcro straps to keep the extra cables in check. With two, the cable loop eventually get out of hand and deteriorates into loops of various radii, so four little strips makes everything nice and tidy. Plus easily adjustable if you want more or less length. Check your local hardware store or go to meritline for cheap cable management.

Apr 16, 2010 at 9:15 AM Post #10 of 13
If you feel that the cable will be nuisance, I would return it since you did order the coiled version. Maybe if you explain to them that they sent you the wrong ones, they'll send you the correct ones before you even return the ones you have.

Anyway welcome to team M50's!!

Apr 16, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by phangtonpower /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you feel that the cable will be nuisance, I would return it since you did order the coiled version. Maybe if you explain to them that they sent you the wrong ones, they'll send you the correct ones before you even return the ones you have.

Anyway welcome to team M50's!!

I was thinking that maybe I should return them but i'm way to into these hp's now.

Apr 16, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Doorbell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was thinking that maybe I should return them but i'm way to into these hp's now.

That is not a problem. When you ask Amazon for a replacement, they usually ship out your replacement before you sent them back yours. You have 30 days to return your headphones, and you should have received your replacement way before that, so you won't be missing out on m50 action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back