Annual NHL Play-off thread.
Apr 12, 2007 at 12:15 PM Post #32 of 218
Wow!!! What a great opening night of the Play-offs....Pittsburg shown up for the young guns they are; Canucks go wild in 4 OT's; Sharks almost blow it (did I call it on Hartnell or what - sound of own horn tooting
tongue.gif
) And the Ducks come through.
I just hope my mob doesn't let me down. I can't see it happening, but I'm still so freaking nervous until we get going I can't stand it. For some reason my local cable co. is showing the Center Ice package for free! I love it. However, as my wife probably correctly points out, it's just a ploy to hook you in for next year, and she mentioned that if I even think about ordering it I had better get used to sleeping in the garage...Still, a tough call..
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 12, 2007 at 12:50 PM Post #33 of 218
I expect to get little sleep this time of year but fourth OT on night one? I could only get through the second OT.

I remember several years ago watching a game that I had to shut off after the first OT. I went to bed and woke up with insomnia. I flipped on the TV and thought that they were replaying the game... until I realized it was the same game and they were in the 5th OT. Those guys were dog tired.

I love the playoffs!!!

Apr 12, 2007 at 2:09 PM Post #34 of 218
I went to bed after the first OT as I had to be up at 6:45am...I was relived to hear on radio this morning in that the canucks had pulled it off. I was shocked that it wasn't until the 4th OT!

Realistically Vancouver shouldn't have went to OT in the first place. The game should have ended 4-2. Thank god for Luongo! 72 saves in a playoff debut!

Apr 12, 2007 at 7:17 PM Post #36 of 218
GO LEAFS!......oh yea.....crap.

Anyway, here's how I see it:

Buf > NYI
NJ > TB....................BUF > NYR....................Buf > NJ
NYR > ATL.................NJ > Ott
Ott > Pit

Det > Cal
ANA > Min..................Nsh > Det...................Nsh > Ana
Van > Dal...................Van > Ana
Nsh > SJ

Apr 12, 2007 at 10:04 PM Post #38 of 218
LET'S GO BUFFALO.....hope the Biron trade dosen't come back to haunt us and if Connely gets his game back I can't see anyone stopping us this year. Can you say destiny?

Apr 13, 2007 at 1:50 AM Post #40 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Detroit v Calgary game is awesome so far
biggrin.gif

Hell yes. I get back from lab and immediately turn on the tv to see Datsyuk send a perfect saucer pass to Schneider for the fourth goal. Must have been the fact that I wore the hat all day.

Apr 13, 2007 at 1:53 AM Post #41 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmicmoose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hell yes. I get back from lab and immediately turn on the tv to see Datsyuk send a perfect saucer pass to Schneider for the fourth goal. Must have been the fact that I wore the hat all day.

A shame Hasek didn't get a shutout though, that last goal was incredibly lame
redface.gif

Apr 13, 2007 at 2:19 AM Post #43 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by gmckay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mark my words.

Sens win the Stanley Cup!
wink.gif

Here here, go Sens!

Damn I just cursed them. I'm a sports jinx.

Apr 13, 2007 at 4:15 AM Post #45 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by sahwnfras /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1 game down, 11 games to go

Were goin to sweep em

11 games to go... so you're predicting your Sens to sweep the quarters, then the semi's, then get swept in the conference finals?

Aiming low to spare the dissapointment eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back