Annual New Jersey Meet -- Saturday July 24th
Jul 15, 2010 at 2:13 AM Post #136 of 236

Quote:
what time will the auction be? if i can make it, i won't be able to stay too late, and it 'd be a pity to miss this as it's always a meet highlight.

Quote:
I don't really care, but usually 1/2 to 2/3 of the way through the meet works out well.

Shall we put a line in the sand and say:

2 pm to 3 pm -- Quiet Hour

3 pm - Auction

Yah?  Open to all suggestions ... we just rent the room, it is your meet!

Jul 15, 2010 at 2:24 AM Post #137 of 236

Quote:
... turntable ... my 1200 is for sale. 

... If you would like to buy the wheel of steel, let me know at least a few days before the meet so I can get it set up with exactly what you want. 

Turntable set-up by nikongod is worth more than you can possibly know.

SHOUT OUT to Ari !!!

He just set up on Saturday, for no consideration other than a sushi dinner, my ancient Transcriptor Hydraulic Reference, including fabricating parts (the man can do more with a needle nose in each hand than most of us can with a machine shop), sourcing the right silicone fluid from an RC Car hobby shop (in a very bad part of Jersey), making photo blow ups of the guts to insure proper re-assembly, custom shimming, electrical work, etc.  I think at one point he levitated the plinth.

But he didn't just do 10.5 hours of work, he brought with him and lent me is R10's to listen to my music while he toiled.  This is like the roofer fixing you a gourmet lunch to enjoy while he repairs the shingles.

And he had a date at 10 p.m.

I want to die and come back as Ari.

Jul 15, 2010 at 6:31 AM Post #138 of 236
3 PM Auction time sounds good. The truth is that we can't please everyone. Nice set of Balanced HD-800 cables, makes me almost wish that I owned a set of 800's.

Jul 15, 2010 at 4:06 PM Post #139 of 236
Just got cleared for the day off, so I'll be coming in from Scranton, PA and bringing the gear in my sig.  I'm looking forward to my first non AES meet!

Jul 15, 2010 at 10:41 PM Post #140 of 236
Early weather reports for the 24th look good. This means that I'm likely going to bring both an Electrostatic and a Dynamic rig.

Does anyone have an Asgard yet? If so please bring it. I'm curious how well it might drive my HE-5LE.

Jul 16, 2010 at 4:33 PM Post #141 of 236

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Shall we put a line in the sand and say
2 pm to 3 pm -- Quiet Hour
3 pm - Auction
Yah?  Open to all suggestions ... we just rent the room, it is your meet!

Quote:
Turntable set-up by nikongod is worth more than you can possibly knowΩ SHOUT OUT to Ari !!

Quote:
3 PM Auction time sounds good.

yup, no doubt Ari is a real good guy, a regular nikongod-send to head-fi :wink:

howz about 1-2 quiet time (when mebbe some folks are snarfing down lunch), and 2-2:30 auction?

Jul 16, 2010 at 4:45 PM Post #142 of 236
Sorry, but if I would have just had lunch that time would be reserved for my Napping, remember I for one am no spring chicken.

Kidding, I don't care when I do it as long as I can do it! (As I run around like a teenager with raging hormones looking for someplace to "Do it.")

Just tell me when and where and I'll happily do my thang.

Jul 16, 2010 at 6:15 PM Post #143 of 236
Maybe I missed it, but what time will we be starting?

Also, anybody know the best way to get there from Scranton, PA?  I was going to follow the GPS but if you guys know a better way I'll take that!

Jul 16, 2010 at 11:15 PM Post #144 of 236
Start is officially at 10 a.m., but I will be at the hotel to open the doors at 8 a.m. for set-up.

Some folks like to eat in shifts -- protect the gear and all -- so I thought 1 pm to 2 pm might still be lunch hour ... plus I like the idea of Ethan ending the quiet period.

We could meet halfway -- 1:30 to 2:30 quiet hour, 2:30 starts the auction ??

More opinions, please.

Driving from Scranton is ez: 81 South to 80 West to 287 South to NJ Rt 10 West ... you're there.

Jul 17, 2010 at 3:32 AM Post #145 of 236
It looks like I'll also be bringing the HE-6 along for the trek. Now if El_Doug will bring the amp he'll be using with it when he takes the HE-6 home with him and I bring mine maybe we can all compare them? :)

Jul 17, 2010 at 11:49 AM Post #146 of 236
Unfortunately, there's no way I'm going to be able to bring the Marantz PM11-S1 with me :frowning2:  The wife needs the speakers working while I'm gone

Jul 17, 2010 at 6:21 PM Post #147 of 236
If the shipping Gods smile upon us it looks like I'll be bringing along a Schiit Audio Asgard amplifier as well. I'm excited to see if it really is da Schiit!

Jul 17, 2010 at 6:32 PM Post #148 of 236
Quote: Originally Posted by Yikes   " If the shipping Gods smile upon us it looks like I'll be bringing along a Schiit Audio Asgard amplifier as well. I'm excited to see if it really is da Schiit!"

Just for fun I'd like to plug the HE-6 into the Asgard. :)

Jul 17, 2010 at 10:17 PM Post #149 of 236
I know this a headphone meet, but if any of you guys I will (obviously) be bringing along my IASCA and MECA SQ competition winning car stereo.  I'd be more than happy to give anyone a demo.

Jul 18, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #150 of 236

Quote:
If the shipping Gods smile upon us it looks like I'll be bringing along a Schiit Audio Asgard amplifier as well. I'm excited to see if it really is da Schiit!

Lets all worship the HF gods!  I definitely want to hear this thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back