Annual New Jersey Meet -- Saturday July 24th
Jul 13, 2010 at 11:05 AM Post #121 of 236
This year is gonna be fantastic. We have a much larger space, more tables, so table-wise, we won't be fighting over space.

Jul 13, 2010 at 12:05 PM Post #122 of 236
Woot!

I think that as usual I'm sharing a table with Listens2tubes.

I'm planning on bringing:

Technics 1200mk3 with Rega RB250 arm, Denon 103, Cinemag SUT

I'm going to use Listens2tubes's superb phono stage and digital source.

The Silver Ghost amp (A DIY {designed and built} fully balanced OTL tube monster)

Some headphones! Most likely my HD800

Jul 13, 2010 at 6:14 PM Post #123 of 236
I'M READY! I'M READY!
tongue_smile.gif

Hey Larry how early can I show up, say 8:30am?

Jul 13, 2010 at 7:52 PM Post #124 of 236
I will be there as well. Equipment-wise, I will bring:

Oberon CDT-1 (as source and CD transport)

Parasound D/AC-1100

A well-travelled dynahi

AKG K340 (not the new K340), K401, K270 Playback

Jul 13, 2010 at 11:53 PM Post #126 of 236
Matt -- unacceptable!  We miss you!  You introduced me to Senn hooks and shamed me into restoring my turntable (which really means asking Ari to do it).

You must come.  Resistance is futile.

Jul 14, 2010 at 12:41 AM Post #128 of 236
Hmmmm, ya I'm going to pack and leave by 5:30 am to get there at 8:00.

I'l be bringing something to auction and all the prerequisite forms and pens and stuff so that we can do a Not So Silent Auction. Please look through your stuff and see if you have something that others might want, bring it along and donate it. It goes for the room. Oh and bring plenty of cash so I can ro..... sorry so you can bid on all of the nice stuff that's up for auction.

Jul 14, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #129 of 236

Quote:
Hmmmm, ya I'm going to pack and leave by 5:30 am to get there at 8:00.

I'l be bringing something to auction and all the prerequisite forms and pens and stuff so that we can do a Not So Silent Auction. Please look through your stuff and see if you have something that others might want, bring it along and donate it. It goes for the room. Oh and bring plenty of cash so I can ro..... sorry so you can bid on all of the nice stuff that's up for auction.

Thanks for doing the auction!

No need to get there so early ... meet is called for 10 a.m.

I live so close it is easy for me to open the doors at 8 a.m. for those who want to set up early ... and we are not reserving tables, but we will for YOU since you are volunteering to be auction master, and have always supported the NJ meet with a great set-up.  You get the first table in the door, like last year.

Shout-Out for Ethan!

Jul 14, 2010 at 9:04 AM Post #130 of 236
If we're actually going to do an auction, then I will gladly supply a higher end balanced HD800 cable, on top of the Audio-gd power cable 

i just didnt want to give up the expensive cable, should the combined raffle entries total $100 :p 

Jul 14, 2010 at 10:52 AM Post #131 of 236
I'm sorry to go DannyB on this thread, but nothing on earth will get me to ship this so Im not making a FS post.

Good fortune has smiled on my turntable buying habit, and I bought something better than the Technics SL-1200mk3 (which is much harder than it sounds) Because of this, my 1200 is for sale. 

If anyone at the meet would like it, I would like:
Stock arm & 1 head shell $175 (screaming deal! compare to beat-to-hell DJ decks for >$250 on CL)
With rewired Rega RB250 (with a bunch of bolt-on upgrades) & and stock arm $500
Denon DL-103 MC cart: $120 if bought with the TT
Really neat Isonoe aluminum isolation feet $120 (will include 4 stock feet in good condition either way)

If you would like to buy the wheel of steel, let me know at least a few days before the meet so I can get it set up with exactly what you want. 

Jul 14, 2010 at 12:24 PM Post #132 of 236
FYI - for those looking to donate nice items to the auction. The donor can set a reserve or minimum bid. The ultimate goal here is to pay for the room, not stealing auction items. Good deals can be had, but donors can state a minimum, still all proceeds go towards the room.

I've been known to donate some cables that retailed for hundreds of dollars and it's just wrong to let them go at auction for $15 just because no one there needs the cables. This is especially true for vendors. I think it is amazingly cheap of some people to seriously try and win a set of $150 IEM for $10. Get in the spirit and raise some money for the room.

Now all I have to do is figure out what to donate that might help pay for the room.

Jul 14, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #133 of 236
what time will the auction be? if i can make it, i won't be able to stay too late, and it 'd be a pity to miss this as it's always a meet highlight.

Jul 15, 2010 at 2:11 AM Post #135 of 236

Quote:
If we're actually going to do an auction, then I will gladly supply a higher end balanced HD800 cable, on top of the Audio-gd power cable 

i just didnt want to give up the expensive cable, should the combined raffle entries total $100 :p 

You're the man, Doug!

Yes -- the Jersey Boys are convinced.  We will steal the idea from NY, and this year do an auction, not a raffle.  But only because the one-and-only Ethan (aka Yikes) will be the MC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back