Annual New Jersey Meet -- Saturday July 24th
Jun 2, 2010 at 7:16 PM Post #19 of 236
I should be there and will bring the Central Station (and the Adcom if anyone wants it) but will hopefully have everything else sold by then.

Jun 2, 2010 at 7:26 PM Post #20 of 236
This'll be my first meet if I can get out there.

I'm also in South Jersey... carpool maybe
wink_face.gif

I have a job interview Friday and if all goes well I'll be in the area for the meet!

Jun 6, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #21 of 236
So looks like I'll be attending the meet!

I might bring my Pico Slim (#0063) if I don't sell it before then (or if someone would like to trade or something at the meet).

Also, should have my Matrix M-Stage by then... what's the process of bringing gear? Do we just say "Hey I'm bringing X" ?

Very much looking forward to this.

Jun 6, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #22 of 236

Quote:
I'm hopefully going to this meet unless something comes up. 

Would anybody be willing to take sometime out of the meet in order to help explain some concepts that I am not understanding?

I can attest that these guys will definitely help you out! I went last year as a newb. Everybody is very willing to show you around. They are proud of their stuff and appreciate others who are interested, as long as you are respectful.

I must say that I'm still very much a newb as I have grown only my portable collection and not made any significant purchases since last year.  I was a little intimidated, but found Ari's enthusiasm especially infectious. I have been interested in DIY, but have yet to make the leap beyond some basic soldering in by basement.

Do not fear, just bring your interest and your questions and you will be fine!

Jun 7, 2010 at 3:10 AM Post #24 of 236

Quote:
So looks like I'll be attending the meet!

I might bring my Pico Slim (#0063) if I don't sell it before then (or if someone would like to trade or something at the meet).

Congrats on your job interview results!

And I'm so far down the list on the pico slim preorder it'd be lovely to see it in person!  I'm getting more and more excited about this meet

Jun 9, 2010 at 2:15 AM Post #27 of 236
Quote:
I am definitely in!  Will tentatively bring: 

cans: O2 mk1
amp: Woo WES
source: XA5400ES

Listen up everyone -- come just to hear this rig.  I heard the equivalent in the Woo room at CanJam last week, and it is amazing.  Very hard, perhaps impossible, to beat.  (I like the roll-off and transient treatment of my Wadia CDP slightly better than Sony's current DSD processor/DAC sound, but this is an old man treble thing.  The Sony player is awesome).

We can learn several things:

1. I will bring a very carefully mastered (Japan) redbook CD of Cheap Thrills (Janis Joplin) and the SACD release as well.  Doug's system is so good that you will (finally) hear for yourself that SACDs SOUND BETTER!  When the waiter at the Fillmore drops the glass during Turtle Blues, the hair will stand up on the back of your neck.  Just when you thought you have listened to the most detail you will ever get off a CD, you hear them sweep up the broken shards.

2. I will bring my Spritzer mod O2 mk 2, the mod having been done by The Man (Spritzer) himself.  Doug's system is so good that we can answer the question: does the Spritzer mod rescue the mk 2, making it sound like the mk 1?

3. I think we can talk Kerry in to bringing the BHSE.  Then we can finish the comparison started at the NJ micro meet (which put BHSE up against Orpheus).  Running between two rooms at CanJam, I concluded BHSE vs WES is a dead-even tie (I was using Justin's (HeadAmp) commercial BHSE for this test, not Kerry's, since Kerry was downstairs -- too far away -- and "only" had 404s -- Justin had O2's as did Jack (Woo)).

If you have never experienced 'stats, you must come.

Note to Doug: what photos do you have of Tom to pry his HE90 away? Not even an FS posting, you dog.  Beans were spilled at CJ 2010!  Couldn't leave that second jack on the WES unplugged, huh? Sort of like wanting to date sisters, I imagine.

Jun 9, 2010 at 8:31 PM Post #30 of 236
Quote:
Note to Doug: what photos do you have of Tom to pry his HE90 away? Not even an FS posting, you dog.  Beans were spilled at CJ 2010!  Couldn't leave that second jack on the WES unplugged, huh? Sort of like wanting to date sisters, I imagine.

I'd like to tell you about the photos... but the content of those photos is not only illegal in several states, but the CIA has standing orders to shoot me if I disclose their nature. 

I am totally stoked for the HE90's in my rig, however :)  That empty jack was just begging to be filled - i KNEW i should have asked Jack to make my WES with dual Stax jacks :/ 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back