Announcing the HIFIMAN TWS600, Totally Wireless IEM
Jul 1, 2019 at 4:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5
04_2.jpg

Announcing the new TWS600 special edition set, featuring the new TWS600 and a pair of RE600s in a limited edition combination deal for just US$199.

Numbers are limited for this special edition combo set and can be purchased directly from the HIFIMAN webstore, the Official HIFIMAN Amazon US and global Ebay stores where you can also find the full product details too.

https://store.hifiman.com/index.php/tws600.html

Last edited:
HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Jul 26, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #3 of 5
I received my TWS600's on July 3rd. Didnt like the sound when I first got them. Mid bass and below is nonexistant. Feels like I have tweeters in my ears. Tried buring them in for 3 weeks now. Should be at the 20 hr mark and they are not much better. Anyone else having the same experience? Btw, I run the Arya's, HD800, HD700, HE-560.... off a Mjilnor/gunniur.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks HifiMan, I received the HiFiMan TWS600 safe and ‘sound’ and would like to post my very brief INITIAL impressions using the Final type E tips. With the Final type E tips I may not have had to remove them to fit the case but I did because it seemed like a tight fit with them. Maybe it was because I use the LG size of tips?
With my tips the TWS600 was a comfortable fit and a great seal, as usual with the Final tips. The buttons worked well for up and down volume, and so far have used only with Tidal via my s7 Edge and will try my DAP later.

I had a little difficulty opening the case until I figured out correct finger placement. (What! Read the directions?! I’m a guy, and... well you know…)

The signal goes to the left iem then is transferred to the right iem, and the only issue so far I noticed is that the sound from the right iem had somewhat frequent dropouts, (maybe every five minutes, but havent timed it yet), of less than one second.

The sound is fairly balanced with nothing offensive. The bass was a little light in slam but was sufficient for me, but I’m not a basshead. And the genres of music I listen to don’t require a lot of sub bass. The mids might be a little dry, but clean and present enough. For me the treble was a bit rolled off and with short decay. I would like a little more treble. Disclaimer, I’m older than dirt with some high frequency hearing loss and I like a little extra treble to add a little excitement to my listening. (Eg, HD650 used to be ok, but now too rolled off for my high freq rolled off hearing.)

Background BT noise was not an issue for me, I thought it was very minimal. I haven’t had a chance to measure battery life.

One thing I really like about the TWS600, and actually any tws iem is the fact of having NO wires. I wasn’t aware of how much wired iems can affect your listening experience. There is always the thought in my mind ‘what to do with the wires’, do I keep them around my neck, do I keep my DAP or phone in my front or back pockets or shirt pocket or pants pockets? With the TWS600 it obviously doesn’t matter, you don’t have to worry about it. And it is awesome to not have to worry about if you have to turn your head one way or the other and pulling on the wire. It is really a pleasant, freeing experience without any hindrance or restraint.

I haven't tried other tws iems, but after this experience I will be interested in seeing if these would be my preference or not, and look forward to going wireless as an occasional option.

EDIT: Upon further listening I cannot recommend these due to quirky frequency imbalance and serious lack of bass requiring extensive EQ, and I don't like to EQ, and seldom do EQ.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back