ANNOUNCEMENT: DC Area Head-Fi Meet - March 12, 2017 - Gaithersburg, Maryland
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 22, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #47 of 134

First meet i'll ever go to with TWO K1000s.  What is the serial # on your pair?

08515. I'm pretty sure it's a bass light version, but we should compare as I don't think the K1000 is a bass cannon to begin with.

I agree with you on its soundstaging abilities. Not quite speakers, but much better than regular headphones.

Feb 22, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #48 of 134
I MIGHT be able to make it, but not sure yet because that's the last day of spring break.

If I can make it I'll bring my MASS-kobo 404 portable amp, VentureCraft SounDroid VANTAM Jazz Master Limited portable dac/amp, and Spiral Ear SE 5-Way Ultimate ciem.

Feb 22, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #49 of 134

08515. I'm pretty sure it's a bass light version, but we should compare as I don't think the K1000 is a bass cannon to begin with.

I agree with you on its soundstaging abilities. Not quite speakers, but much better than regular headphones.

I believe that is a bass light, but not sure.  I was talking to someone about the K1000 and how I was struggling to describe the soundstage properly.  As I described it to him, he said something that really made a lot of sense to me, that is doesn't really sound like headphones, but more like nearfield monitors, and I think that its a pretty accurate and relatable way to describe it.  It's not exactly like nearfields either, but it certainly seems to fall somewhere between nearfields and headphones in terms of its staging.

Feb 22, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #50 of 134
I'd like to announce that the iBasso P5 Falcon is back in service. I put dummy/bypass buffers in the place of half the buffers, but kept everything else the same. I'll also buy the right kind of batteries this time. WE LEARN. 

Feb 23, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #51 of 134
I have a confirmation that AGPtek will be providing us with some of their products to try out at the Meet.

AGPtek very generously said that I do not need to return the items they are sending, so after the Meet I will distribute to whomever would like to comment and review on Head-Fi. Please send me a private message indicating which item you would like to take home with you and I will do my best to allocate fairly. I won't mail/ship any of these, you have to be at the Meet to get something.

Although this is all new retail gear, there are no warranties assigned or implied for these review/test goods.

Before the Meet, I will charge the DAPs/headphones that need it and load some FLAC demo files onto those that have internal storage. I will also install a personal microSD card with the same files for the Rocker DAP which does not have built-in storage. If you have some favorite music you want to try out, by all means bring your own microSD cards. The Rocker will be allocated without my microSD card. 

Here is the AGPtek gear that I am expecting, all items are currently available on and being shipped from Amazon so you can check there for more detailed descriptions:

2 AGPtEK ROCKER Bluetooth 4.0 MP3 Player, High Resolution Lossless - SKU:MC15B-FBA  (I may hold onto one these for comparison with a Shezhen Benjie BJ-T6, see review page here - http://www.head-fi.org/t/834797/the-shenzhen-benjie-bj-t6-agptek-rocker)
1 AGPtEK IMP HiFi-class 16GB Touch Button Control MP3 Player - SKU:IMP3GR-FBA 
1 AGPtEK M07 8GB MP3 Music Player With Speaker/FM Radio/Metal Body DAP - SKU:MM07B-FBA
1 AGPtEK [2017 UPGRADE] A20 8GB & 80 Hours Playback MP3 Player - SKU:SMPA20GU-FBA 
1 AGPtEK [2017 UPGRADE] A20 8GB & 80 Hours Playback MP3 Player - SKU:SMPA20B-FBA 
2 AGPtEK Ultra Soft Comfortable Wired Sleep Headphones Eye Mask - SKU:ZP01S-FBA 
2 AGPtEK HMB Bluetooth 4.1 Earphones, IPX4 Sweatproof, Noise-isolating - SKU:HMB-FBA
2 AGPtEK K3 In-Ear Earbud Headphones, Dynamic Crystal Clear Bass - SKU:EPK3B-FBA 

Feb 23, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #52 of 134
  I have a confirmation that AGPtek will be providing us with some of their products to try out at the Meet.

AGPtek very generously said that I do not need to return the items they are sending, so after the Meet I will distribute to whomever would like to comment and review on Head-Fi. Please send me a private message indicating which item you would like to take home with you and I will do my best to allocate fairly. I won't mail/ship any of these, you have to be at the Meet to get something.

Although this is all new retail gear, there are no warranties assigned or implied for these review/test goods.

Before the Meet, I will charge the DAPs/headphones that need it and load some FLAC demo files onto those that have internal storage. I will also install a personal microSD card with the same files for the Rocker DAP which does not have built-in storage. If you have some favorite music you want to try out, by all means bring your own microSD cards. The Rocker will be allocated without my microSD card. 

Here is the AGPtek gear that I am expecting, all items are currently available on and being shipped from Amazon so you can check there for more detailed descriptions:

2 AGPtEK ROCKER Bluetooth 4.0 MP3 Player, High Resolution Lossless - SKU:MC15B-FBA  (I may hold onto one these for comparison with a Shezhen Benjie BJ-T6, see review page here - http://www.head-fi.org/t/834797/the-shenzhen-benjie-bj-t6-agptek-rocker)
1 AGPtEK IMP HiFi-class 16GB Touch Button Control MP3 Player - SKU:IMP3GR-FBA 
1 AGPtEK M07 8GB MP3 Music Player With Speaker/FM Radio/Metal Body DAP - SKU:MM07B-FBA
1 AGPtEK [2017 UPGRADE] A20 8GB & 80 Hours Playback MP3 Player - SKU:SMPA20GU-FBA 
1 AGPtEK [2017 UPGRADE] A20 8GB & 80 Hours Playback MP3 Player - SKU:SMPA20B-FBA 
2 AGPtEK Ultra Soft Comfortable Wired Sleep Headphones Eye Mask - SKU:ZP01S-FBA 
2 AGPtEK HMB Bluetooth 4.1 Earphones, IPX4 Sweatproof, Noise-isolating - SKU:HMB-FBA
2 AGPtEK K3 In-Ear Earbud Headphones, Dynamic Crystal Clear Bass - SKU:EPK3B-FBA 

I'd be interested in a pair of those K3 in ears to review.

Feb 23, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #53 of 134

I'd be interested in a pair of those K3 in ears to review.

You got it! First come, first served! 
happy_face1.gif

I will add people who would like to take anything home to the announcement post so that we can keep track. If you change your mind, no problem, just let me know.

Feb 23, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #54 of 134
So at the last meet, I was inspired by Zeos and how he carried his headphones, he uses a foam lined rifle case.  I've been using a shoulder bag, but after getting the k1k, wanted something a little safer and more secure.  I liked his idea so much I copied it for myself, don't be alarmed if you see me walking into a meet with this!

Feb 23, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #55 of 134
  So at the last meet, I was inspired by Zeos and how he carried his headphones, he uses a foam lined rifle case.  I've been using a shoulder bag, but after getting the k1k, wanted something a little safer and more secure.  I liked his idea so much I copied it for myself, don't be alarmed if you see me walking into a meet with this!

WOW! That IS an impressive and very practical case! Must be really fun getting it through airport security as carry-on luggage!  
biggrin.gif

Feb 24, 2017 at 12:30 AM Post #56 of 134

Cool idea.  I've got a pistol case with the same kind of pick & pluck foam.  I don't use it anymore but will bring it to the meet if anyone wants it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back