ANNOUNCEMENT: DC Area Head-Fi Meet - March 12, 2017 - Gaithersburg, Maryland
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 3, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #76 of 134

Not sure about others, but I'd enjoy it.

Guys. This only means one thing: now is the time to start improving your speaker-based setups.
smily_headphones1.gif

Perhaps something like this...  http://www.audiosalon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/NewWAMM_Revealed.jpg

Mar 3, 2017 at 11:46 PM Post #79 of 134

Not sure about others, but I'd enjoy it.

Guys. This only means one thing: now is the time to start improving your speaker-based setups.
smily_headphones1.gif

Done.  I upgraded my speakers this summer, and danged if I'm not completely satisfied by them too!.  
Bought 'em used on Audiogon, worked out great.

Mar 5, 2017 at 1:43 AM Post #80 of 134
  Definitely coming!

I can bring my Schiit Asgard 2 / Bifrost combo (if I still have them until then), but I have no idea what to use a player / source. Currently use Roon in my house (Sonicorbiter endpoint, NAS for storage, and Tidal Hi-Fi). Thoughts?

Anybody would be interested in hearing TEAC UD-503? I don't see it mentioned much around here, and does not seem to be very popular.

I saw in the Denafrips thread that you ordered one; I hope it arrives in time for the meet! If not, I'd love to get it in the shop sometime, maybe do a DAC comparison round two, <$1000 edition. 

Mar 5, 2017 at 6:45 AM Post #81 of 134
I saw in the Denafrips thread that you ordered one; I hope it arrives in time for the meet! If not, I'd love to get it in the shop sometime, maybe do a DAC comparison round two, <$1000 edition. 

Of course. I doubt it I will get it in time before the meet up though. It is shipped from Asia.

I do plan to bring my current Matrix Audio stack, HPA-3B Amp, Quattro II DAC

PS: no longer have the TEAC. Sold it.

Mar 5, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #82 of 134
Bummed I can't make this one. :frowning2:

Mar 6, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #83 of 134
Great to hear finally we have a meeting in Gaithersburg. @[size=inherit]sheldaze[/size] Can you bring your he1000 with balanced cable? I am a huge fan of it and would like to listen to it with my Metrum Pavane + DNA Stratus. Besides I do not have a big car for bringing equipment, for listening to HE1000 with my equipment,  I probably have to borrow a sedan from my friend. 

Mar 6, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #84 of 134
  Great to hear finally we have a meeting in Gaithersburg. @[size=inherit]sheldaze[/size] Can you bring your he1000 with balanced cable? I am a huge fan of it and would like to listen to it with my Metrum Pavane + DNA Stratus. Besides I do not have a big car for bringing equipment, for listening to HE1000 with my equipment,  I probably have to borrow a sedan from my friend. 

I really want to see a headphone amp and/or source that can't even fit in a 2-door car.  Awesome!

Mar 6, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #85 of 134

Not that I follow everything Tyll has to say, there's still a lot of good information - and honest truth, at least according to how he hears it. A few of us have heard what he calls the "World's Best Headphone" and a few of us have bought it - others are waiting for the price to drop.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/disruption-headphone-world

The Utopia, at least, is that good. The HE-1000 is long gone.

There's still something musical to my ears, about all the Senns, so they stay. Also looking forward to hearing the Pavane again. Would be good if you can position yourself close enough to the Yggdrasil and Holo, for some real comparisons!

Also, be aware that the balanced outputs from the DNA Stratus may not always be your best choice. You have more flexibility through the 1/4" phono output to adjust impedance.

Mar 7, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #86 of 134
Great to see another meet in the DMV area! I can bring my HD800's (or not, there may be enough at the meet to go around), TH-900mk2's and Chord Mojo. I could also bring my LH Labs Pulse Xfi if anyone is interested.

Mar 8, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #88 of 134
Denafrips Ares is here! Super fast shipping from Hong Kong via Vinshine Audio. I will bring it to the meet up

Mar 8, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #89 of 134
  Denafrips Ares is here! Super fast shipping from Hong Kong via Vinshine Audio. I will bring it to the meet up

Nice! It's amazing how quickly some things come from China. I was still waiting for shipping confirmation from MHDT Labs when our DAC arrived. I was planning on bringing an optical splitter, so we could feed the same signal to two DACs and do some input switching. I wonder if straight optical out of my Macbook Pro, USB out into an SPDIF converter, or optical out of an iBasso DX80 would be better? I'll just bring them all. 

Mar 8, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #90 of 134

Nice! It's amazing how quickly some things come from China. I was still waiting for shipping confirmation from MHDT Labs when our DAC arrived. I was planning on bringing an optical splitter, so we could feed the same signal to two DACs and do some input switching. I wonder if straight optical out of my Macbook Pro, USB out into an SPDIF converter, or optical out of an iBasso DX80 would be better? I'll just bring them all. 

Yes indeed. Stunning!

Do we have internet at the meet up? I was planning to bring my laptop with Tidal Hi-Fi Tier (via desktop app) and connect directly to the DAC.

My music is in a NAS home "pushed" via Roon in four different zones. I have nothing in my laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back