ANNOUNCEMENT: DC Area Head-Fi Meet - March 12, 2017 - Gaithersburg, Maryland
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 25, 2017 at 2:14 AM Post #63 of 134

2 AGPtEK ROCKER Bluetooth 4.0 MP3 Player, High Resolution Lossless - SKU:MC15B-FBA  (I may hold onto one these for comparison with a Shezhen Benjie BJ-T6, see review page here - http://www.head-fi.org/t/834797/the-shenzhen-benjie-bj-t6-agptek-rocker)
1 AGPtEK IMP HiFi-class 16GB Touch Button Control MP3 Player - SKU:IMP3GR-FBA 
1 AGPtEK M07 8GB MP3 Music Player With Speaker/FM Radio/Metal Body DAP - SKU:MM07B-FBA
1 AGPtEK [2017 UPGRADE] A20 8GB & 80 Hours Playback MP3 Player - SKU:SMPA20GU-FBA 
1 AGPtEK [2017 UPGRADE] A20 8GB & 80 Hours Playback MP3 Player - SKU:SMPA20B-FBA 
2 AGPtEK Ultra Soft Comfortable Wired Sleep Headphones Eye Mask - SKU:ZP01S-FBA 
2 AGPtEK HMB Bluetooth 4.1 Earphones, IPX4 Sweatproof, Noise-isolating - SKU:HMB-FBA
2 AGPtEK K3 In-Ear Earbud Headphones, Dynamic Crystal Clear Bass - SKU:EPK3B-FBA 

I would like to try the ROCKER model (or the IMP).  Thanks!

Feb 25, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #64 of 134
  I would like to try the ROCKER model (or the IMP).  Thanks!

I will have a couple AGPtek Rockers and at least one Benjie T6 at the meet to try out but may have allocated that model already.

So, you've got the IMP, Bill!

Just got the shipment from AGPtek and it looks like a nice little DAP. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 1, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #66 of 134
Not really meet related, but I just came across this cool documentary film called The Art of Listening. It covers several facets of music production and is full of interviews with artists, instrument makers, and audio engineers.

Here's a link - http://www.theartoflisteningfilm.com/

Mar 2, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #67 of 134
  Not really meet related, but I just came across this cool documentary film called The Art of Listening. It covers several facets of music production and is full of interviews with artists, instrument makers, and audio engineers.

Here's a link - http://www.theartoflisteningfilm.com/

That is a really nice documentary, thanks for sharing!

We have time in our schedule for a technical presentation, how does everyone feel about having someone from one of the local recording studios come in to talk to us about how they produce a quality recording for an audiophile audience? What do they have to do to make the end result play well on both low and high end equipment and then sound good on headphones as well as speakers? What should we be looking for in buying any recording? 

Mar 3, 2017 at 1:19 AM Post #68 of 134
For a while now, I have been at a point where I am happy and satisfied with my headphone systems.  I actually don't crave any other products or upgrades.  Can I still be part of Head-Fi discussions or should I banish myself now?

Mar 3, 2017 at 7:10 AM Post #69 of 134
  For a while now, I have been at a point where I am happy and satisfied with my headphone systems.  I actually don't crave any other products or upgrades.  Can I still be part of Head-Fi discussions or should I banish myself now?

Craving just one thing - actually waiting for the next generation of a product to either lower the price of the current generation or the make the next generation "interesting". But basically adding little tweaks here and there, mostly to fix electrical and timing issues. Not changing DACs, AMPs, or CANs.

So, I guess it's time to just listen to the music 
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2017 at 8:12 AM Post #70 of 134

Alas, I find myself as you and sheldaze. I'm certain banishment is our lot. Bravely walk into the Elysian Fields, my friends!

Mar 3, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #72 of 134
  Wait... so none of you guys are going to the meet?

Oh no!
Definitely going to continue to go to meets - how else to corrupt the next generation of headphone listeners
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 3, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #73 of 134

I understand and share that sentiment, for my purposes, my system is done.

Wait... so none of you guys are going to the meet?

Besides listening to music, meets are one of the things i enjoy most about this hobby. So while i dont plan on changing my system soon, meets are something I am definitely going to continue actively participating in. How else am i going to gear all that cool new stuff without spending any of my own money?

Mar 3, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #74 of 134
  Oh no!
Definitely going to continue to go to meets - how else to corrupt the next generation of headphone listeners
evil_smiley.gif

Besides listening to music, meets are one of the things i enjoy most about this hobby. So while i dont plan on changing my system soon, meets are something I am definitely going to continue actively participating in. How else am i going to gear all that cool new stuff without spending any of my own money?

Well... that's a relief. I'll be bringing my MZ2S with the stock LPS and the Illuminati (that I just bought).

Mar 3, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #75 of 134
  We have time in our schedule for a technical presentation, how does everyone feel about having someone from one of the local recording studios come in to talk to us about how they produce a quality recording for an audiophile audience? What do they have to do to make the end result play well on both low and high end equipment and then sound good on headphones as well as speakers? What should we be looking for in buying any recording? 

Not sure about others, but I'd enjoy it.

Alas, I find myself as you and @sheldaze. I'm certain banishment is our lot. Bravely walk into the Elysian Fields, my friends!

So, I guess it's time to just listen to the music 
biggrin.gif

Guys. This only means one thing: now is the time to start improving your speaker-based setups.
smily_headphones1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back